Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Women's Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bull fighter View Post
    So good that the competition is really a lot tighter then I expected after the first couple of rounds.
    Tighter at the top of the table.. north coast and new lambton well below... It’s clear the clubs that are supporting women’s football financially are at the top

Has there been any word on a second tier comp yet? Maybe that would give clubs a kick up the butt since they like to brag about having Women’s ‘NPL’ teams. I’d like to see cooks hill have a crack to get into the top tier, appointment of Craig Deans as TD could only be positive for the female programs there.

I honestly don’t see how replacing one team with another will solve the gap between the top and bottom teams.
    The problem is player quality and depth in the NNSW area. Leave it how it is, there’s plenty of good youth coming through. Jets players are starting to filter into clubs and if it were a more even spread the results would be more even also. NL and MNCF from what I hear are trying their best but just lack the depth that the bigger clubs have.

FMNC very nearly took a point from Olympic on the weekend, and honestly deserved to.

Quote Originally Posted by Game Leader View Post
    I honestly don’t see how replacing one team with another will solve the gap between the top and bottom teams.
    The problem is player quality and depth in the NNSW area. Leave it how it is, there’s plenty of good youth coming through. Jets players are starting to filter into clubs and if it were a more even spread the results would be more even also. NL and MNCF from what I hear are trying their best but just lack the depth that the bigger clubs have.
    Depth is non existent. Spend money, get success. NL spent and won. Don't spend don't win. WBay spend. WBay winning. There is much demand, but little supply.
    Something is seriously wrong with the local game if that is the pattern.

Further to prior thoughts on depth in this Premier Competition. 1st grade....Warners Bay 10 - Azzurri 1. Nothing to see here. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    Further to prior thoughts on depth in this Premier Competition. 1st grade....Warners Bay 10 - Azzurri 1. Nothing to see here. Carry on.
    What a terrible result for Azzurri

If a player point system was implemented would we see these blow out scores?

Anyone tune in to Bartv Adamstown v Maitland game?

The female commentator was atrocious, bagging Adamstown as well as individual players from both teams. I had to mute it!

Quote Originally Posted by SAPDADDY View Post
    Anyone tune in to Bartv Adamstown v Maitland game?

The female commentator was atrocious, bagging Adamstown as well as individual players from both teams. I had to mute it!
    Thankfully I was at the ground and didn’t have to hear it, but have heard Mara commentate before and had to do the same. Talks over the top of the other commentator and goes off on tangents that don’t have much to do with the game.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Thankfully I was at the ground and didn’t have to hear it, but have heard Mara commentate before and had to do the same. Talks over the top of the other commentator and goes off on tangents that don’t have much to do with the game.
    Who is she to football? Never heard of her before and tbh didn’t seem to know what she was talking about

Who is she to football? Never heard of her before and tbh didn’t seem to know what she was talking about
    Mara Watts is an ex Matilda, was head coach of Hunter Sports high team for a number of years, this is the first year I’ve seen her out and about around the Newcastle area, not to say she hasn’t been around I just never saw her. She recently was involved in the selection of the National Youth Championship girls teams. As always with those teams there were some head scratching decisions!!

If a player point system was implemented would we see these blow out scores?
    There's an idea. Northern? Silence .....

Mara Watts is an ex Matilda, was head coach of Hunter Sports high team for a number of years, this is the first year I’ve seen her out and about around the Newcastle area, not to say she hasn’t been around I just never saw her. She recently was involved in the selection of the National Youth Championship girls teams. As always with those teams there were some head scratching decisions!!
    Oh she was around when WPL first started, I’ve heard stories about that one!

Let’s hope she sticks to commentating

I had both my daughters coached by her over the years. Both have enjoyed the sessions and camps.
    As for the National Youth selections ???
    Why is it the boys have 2 x squads going and the females donÂ’t ? There is enough depth in youth football in NNSW to fill two squads. Last year was 1 Jets, 1 NNSW (WPL). Are the squads all Jets ? I know a few names but not all.

Quote Originally Posted by Game Leader View Post
    I had both my daughters coached by her over the years. Both have enjoyed the sessions and camps.
    As for the National Youth selections ???
    Why is it the boys have 2 x squads going and the females donÂ’t ? There is enough depth in youth football in NNSW to fill two squads. Last year was 1 Jets, 1 NNSW (WPL). Are the squads all Jets ? I know a few names but not all.
    Last year it was ment to be 1 Jets and 1 NNSW but then information came out, that was no longer the case and the jets team were no longer going to attend because the northern team had already booked there accommodation and such, but then it was canceled. The squad’s are not all jets 6 in the 14’s are not and at least 5 that I know of in the 16’s are not jets but that could be more.

As for number of teams that are being sent NNSW answered that by saying it was all they were allocated,

3 players have now left Adamstown in the last few weeks what’s going on out there not good signs for Ryan at all and they haven’t won a game in around 6 weeks could mummy give him the sack ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Thang View Post
    3 players have now left Adamstown in the last few weeks what’s going on out there not good signs for Ryan at all and they haven’t won a game in around 6 weeks could mummy give him the sack ?
    Sources say that the Buds NPLW Coach was at NLs Club yesterday arvo in the bar. Maybe she has already sacked him? Maybe he has sacked himself? Is he NLs solution to the girls or joining boys? Strange place for a beer on a Friday.

Sources say that the Buds NPLW Coach was at NLs Club yesterday arvo in the bar. Maybe she has already sacked him? Maybe he has sacked himself? Is he NLs solution to the girls or joining boys? Strange place for a beer on a Friday.
    I thought Adamstown had a new president this year has something changed there? And everything seemed normal last night at speers point for Adamstown training.

I thought Adamstown had a new president this year has something changed there? And everything seemed normal last night at speers point for Adamstown training.
    Cas Davis and Craig Atkins will be coaching NL in 2023, w league girls following back to Eagles.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Cas Davis and Craig Atkins will be coaching NL in 2023, w league girls following back to Eagles.
    Greg Lowe has already Signed a 3 yr deal to take over and build the womens program back up from the bottom.
    Unless they have signed him and sacked him again in the last 2 weeks then that’s unlucky for the bloke sacked quicker this time then last