Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    Don't yell, its not like we meant it...unlike other clubs used to do.....

It was working fine on Sunday and we had no idea it was not working, but if it helps we have sent a request to get it looked at....so the next team doesn't suffer.

cheers
    It's ok Jardel, I've thawed out now.

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    O35 C catch up. Redhead 2, Cardiff 1.
    Redhead better team 1st half going in 2-0. Cardiff came out with increased energy 2nd half and could've won. Our keeper probably the reason they didn't, he pulled off some great saves.
    Friggin cold night. Field wasn't too bad and good to see they've been able to mark #2.
    I know there's talk of electricity shortage but TURN YOUR HOT WATER ON!
    Sounds like your a serial shower whinger, Would you like soap and a scrubber too????

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Sounds like your a serial shower whinger, Would you like soap and a scrubber too????
    if you wouldn't mind.

O35C

Valo 3
    Dudley 0

Went 3-0 up very quick but Dudley got better as the game went on.

Good to finally get our first game on our home ground.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    O35C

Valo 3
    Dudley 0

Went 3-0 up very quick but Dudley got better as the game went on.

Good to finally get our first game on our home ground.
    Hopefully there was hot water? Waiting for old mate's shower report.

Hopefully there was hot water? Waiting for old mate's shower report.
    Hot water aplenty. What a lovely gesture.

Hot water aplenty. What a lovely gesture.
    Maybe you should be worried about the game, other then the shower afterwards

Maybe you should be worried about the game, other then the shower afterwards
    The cold beers and a warm shower after a game are definitely higher priorities for O35's.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

O35C
    Valo v Dudley (2-2 i think)
    All of this is only my opinion but I couldn't help posting it. I am a former ref who has moved to play AA so i have some strong opinions on treatment of refs. I understand the heat of the game gets to all of us but i believe players can still treat refs fairly, particularly when they are clubby.
    My issue is that during tonight's game this club referee again copped criticism from players on the field to the point of needing to issue a yellow for dissent to a Dudley player. It is embarrassing enough to get a yellow for dissent normally but to get one for speaking back to a clubby is just wrong in my opinion. NNSW is launching massive campaigns to try and get respect back into the game and it is entirely for things like this. Now you could call it an over-reaction on my part because I am so passionate about treating refs better but I believe players need to have a long look at themselves and question why it is they struggle to get refs out to games.
    My second gripe comes from a player (claiming they use to ref) trying to encourage the clubby to not record the 2 yellows because there was one each way so they cancel out, again trying to strong arm a clubby to suit themselves

Now I am sorry that this was so negative on what was by other accounts a decent night to get out and play after weeks of being off the park but seeing a close friend of mine helping out the soccer community to be treated like that made me disappointed. Again this is not an attack on either team (I am not affiliated with either team) but i just feel so strongly that when we have clubbys helping out we should be thanking them for helping us play

Hi was just wondering if any Friday nights side have any slots left before transfer closes I’m currently playing zpl but can’t commit anymore even lower league zone just after a game and some fun

Quote Originally Posted by TheDJ View Post
    O35C
    All of this is only my opinion but I couldn't help posting it. I am a former ref who has moved to play AA so i have some strong opinions on treatment of refs. I understand the heat of the game gets to all of us but i believe players can still treat refs fairly, particularly when they are clubby.
    My issue is that during tonight's game this club referee again copped criticism from players on the field to the point of needing to issue a yellow for dissent to a Dudley player. It is embarrassing enough to get a yellow for dissent normally but to get one for speaking back to a clubby is just wrong in my opinion. NNSW is launching massive campaigns to try and get respect back into the game and it is entirely for things like this. Now you could call it an over-reaction on my part because I am so passionate about treating refs better but I believe players need to have a long look at themselves and question why it is they struggle to get refs out to games.
    My second gripe comes from a player (claiming they use to ref) trying to encourage the clubby to not record the 2 yellows because there was one each way so they cancel out, again trying to strong arm a clubby to suit themselves

Now I am sorry that this was so negative on what was by other accounts a decent night to get out and play after weeks of being off the park but seeing a close friend of mine helping out the soccer community to be treated like that made me disappointed. Again this is not an attack on either team (I am not affiliated with either team) but i just feel so strongly that when we have clubbys helping out we should be thanking them for helping us play
    Had it happen to me last year, was doing an o/35 game last year, gave out 2 cards for dissent, and tbh had I not been a clubbie who was a registered ref that year and sending someone off would've meant some questions I didn’t want to answer, I would’ve punted the keeper for trying to intimidate me

Now that being said I think all clubs should be required to have someone with reffing experience as a clubbie. I’ve helped out my club, but in my game today we had someone who clearly had no idea what they were doing. Things like allowing subs when the keeper had the ball in their hands when it didn’t go out, not allowing subs on free kicks, no cards, whistling every time the ball goes out, club AR’s actively coaching the home team players as they “reffed”, consistently pointing the wrong way for restarts. Honestly I know reffing is hard, but jeez, wasn’t a good look.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub View Post
    Hi was just wondering if any Friday nights side have any slots left before transfer closes I’m currently playing zpl but can’t commit anymore even lower league zone just after a game and some fun
    Pm you mate definitely could use another player

Quote Originally Posted by TheDJ View Post
    O35C

G'day DJ. Dudley (Redhead) played Cardiff on Friday night. We played Valo the week before losing 0-3 and from memory there was no criticism of the club ref. In fact we all thought he did a great job and appeared he had played higher level football. Such was his understanding of letting the game play.
    I can only guess it may have been another grade? looks like O35 FRI B.
    Last edited by Charman; 27-06-2022 at 01:08 PM.

O35 FRI C
    Redhead 0, Cardiff 2. Congratulations to Cardiff on their 1st win, they were highly energetic. Jeez our pitch is bad, still really soggy.

G'day DJ. Dudley (Redhead) played Cardiff on Friday night. We played Valo the week before losing 0-3 and from memory there was no criticism of the club ref. In fact we all thought he did a great job and appeared he had played higher level football. Such was his understanding of letting the game play.
    I can only guess it may have been another grade? looks like O35 FRI B.
    Yup, I think you are right. Valo O35C played Cooks Hill this Friday night.

Ended up getting up 3-0 at National park, to be fair it was a much closer game than the score shows.

Did anyone get any games away Saturday? I know a few got away Friday night.

Muswellbrook Old Boys Day went ahead. AllAge C grade
    Mus Vegas 4-1 Hamilton Azzurri.

Quote Originally Posted by mge61 View Post
    Muswellbrook Old Boys Day went ahead. AllAge C grade
    Mus Vegas 4-1 Hamilton Azzurri.
    I'm presuming the Muswellbrook team contains a lot of players from their zl3 squad from last year?
    Quality side, it looks like they are in the wrong grade. Surely an A grade side?

Hey All,

I hope everyone is keeping safe.

Has there been any talk about current outstanding rescheduled fixtures and potential future washouts being marked as draws? Or any other solution? Obviously every team has been affected but using my team for example we have 9 games to be played in total (both rescheduled/future fixtures) before the end of the season. The last weekend of the regular season is 13/08 which is only 6 weekends away including this weekend where there will be no soccer again. Given weather forecast and the rain we have had already this will lead to more washouts both on weekends and mid week.

Quote Originally Posted by Giges View Post
    Hey All,

I hope everyone is keeping safe.

Has there been any talk about current outstanding rescheduled fixtures and potential future washouts being marked as draws? Or any other solution? Obviously every team has been affected but using my team for example we have 9 games to be played in total (both rescheduled/future fixtures) before the end of the season. The last weekend of the regular season is 13/08 which is only 6 weekends away including this weekend where there will be no soccer again. Given weather forecast and the rain we have had already this will lead to more washouts both on weekends and mid week.
    Haven't heard anything myself, but i am assuming the logistics will force some 1-1 washout scores