Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: 2022 Women's Premier League thread

I had heard rumours that Cas was heading to NL next year but nothing on Craig.

And if Greg is now back full time with NL wonder what that will mean for him as Jets Girls Academy GK coach can’t see him being able to juggle both.

What a circus

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I had heard rumours that Cas was heading to NL next year but nothing on Craig.

And if Greg is now back full time with NL wonder what that will mean for him as Jets Girls Academy GK coach can’t see him being able to juggle both.
    If Cas Wright goes back to NL, Messi is signing for Lakes. I heard they are looking a little closer to home for a solution. Top 2 Club in NPLW. Look at their 1st grade roster in boys and Coaching staff. One name stands out.
    Regardless, get the right player$, it doesn't matter who the Coach i$. It just depends if they want to spend the ca$h with their boys teams seemingly on the cusp of NPL inclusion. I know that there is one official who will have no part in former NPLW players returning with their hand out. Long term plan. As for the Ryan Campbell beer at Alder Park rumour, I am told he teaches at the nearby school. Rumour averted. For now....

Quote Originally Posted by BBscone View Post
    If Cas Wright goes back to NL, Messi is signing for Lakes. I heard they are looking a little closer to home for a solution. Top 2 Club in NPLW. Look at their 1st grade roster in boys and Coaching staff. One name stands out.
    Regardless, get the right player$, it doesn't matter who the Coach i$. It just depends if they want to spend the ca$h with their boys teams seemingly on the cusp of NPL inclusion. I know that there is one official who will have no part in former NPLW players returning with their hand out. Long term plan. As for the Ryan Campbell beer at Alder Park rumour, I am told he teaches at the nearby school. Rumour averted. For now....
    Cass Davis not Wright.
    That official needs to be moved on.
    So Warners Bay will be decimated if this transpires.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Thang View Post
    Greg Lowe has already Signed a 3 yr deal to take over and build the womens program back up from the bottom.
    Unless they have signed him and sacked him again in the last 2 weeks then that’s unlucky for the bloke sacked quicker this time then last
    What happened to the girl from this year that was coaching? All over the media how they were supporting female coaches. Now they’ve signed a bloke they sacked previously for 3 years? Doesn’t add up

Watching on BarTV and seems she’s playing CB. Think I read on here or heard Eagles lost a few firsts players so I guess she needed to fill a role. If Lowe was happy to fill a role than why not ? He sounds positive over the stream. A lot more than the Buds director and apart from the score lines they’re getting the same results. Surely the shine is wearing off for the girls in green and red. Developing players, sure. But 3rd year now ? And mid to low table at best.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    I thought Adamstown had a new president this year has something changed there? And everything seemed normal last night at speers point for Adamstown training.
    The President would be nothing more than a puppet to the treasurer, she would never have allowed him to be elected otherwise.

State Cup weekend.
    Maitland a chance to go back to back ?
    What teams will The top 5 put out there for the weekend and actually take it seriously?
    The big question though is, will New Lambton finally pick up win for 2022 playing some community clubs ?

Quote Originally Posted by Game Leader View Post
    State Cup weekend.
    Maitland a chance to go back to back ?
    What teams will The top 5 put out there for the weekend and actually take it seriously?
    The big question though is, will New Lambton finally pick up win for 2022 playing some community clubs ?
    Most teams will play their reserve grade with a mix of 17s should be using this weekend for catch ups at speers point it’s a nothing competition do it at the start of the season as a warm up would be better
    Just my opinion

Most teams will play their reserve grade with a mix of 17s should be using this weekend for catch ups at speers point it’s a nothing competition do it at the start of the season as a warm up would be better
    Just my opinion
    Completely agree. Said this on another thread.

Northern can't get a full season of their regular season games played. Yet find time and grounds to play various novelty tournaments.

Just my opinion
    my experience is over the years is nearly all NPLW clubs usually give their lesser U17's a run in the home the experience inspires them to perform better in the normal comp. They tend to put little to no value in the weekend event. I know my daughter has always looked at it as a comp best suited to the community clubs. She has never risked an injury for this side event.

Everyone has their own opinion. I coached the Merewether WPL team in this several times, a mix of 1st and reserves and those that played enjoyed it. Got to GF one year after a penalty shoot out against a full strength Adamstown team. The girls were ecstatic with that win until they realised they had to play another game. It was a preseason comp that year and really hot. Lori Dep and Nicki Jones were always up to play, they just love the game... it is part of why they are legends of the local game.

Also going to predict that Cooks Hill and Maitland Juniors will cause a few upsets.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Also going to predict that Cooks Hill and Maitland Juniors will cause a few upsets.
    Might be hard for Maitland Jnrs to cause an upset they seem to have pulled out from the original draw being replaced by Toronto JFC.

I agree Cooks Hill may cause an upset or two and I also think Dudley will do so also very interested to see how the indigenous team goes. The 13-16 team put on a good show against Football NSW on Wednesday..

I had not seen Dudley play before. The are a good team, quite a lot of good mobile players. I would expect to see their goal Keeper playing wnpl next year if she wants to.

Starting to really tighten up for the last two finals spots. Nice to see it not being a clear cut top 4 running away with it.
    Will anyone be able to realistically get close to Warners bay though?
    Also should coaches be mocking their own players for being ‘reserve graders’? Sure it might be funny to you since you’re winning, the girls probably don’t appreciate it though…
    Fingers crossed we get some more football on!

Quote Originally Posted by Kickandgiggle View Post
    Starting to really tighten up for the last two finals spots. Nice to see it not being a clear cut top 4 running away with it.
    Will anyone be able to realistically get close to Warners bay though?
    Also should coaches be mocking their own players for being ‘reserve graders’? Sure it might be funny to you since you’re winning, the girls probably don’t appreciate it though…
    Fingers crossed we get some more football on!
    Few girls at magic reserve grade this season that are extremely happy to be there instead of basket case that is new lambton they should fold no hope at all for them unless they spend massive $$$$ who realistically will want to play there ?
    They lost there best like 3 players this season one just went to magic first grade the other two left back to central coast

Interesting last round of the season with bay to play Olympic and magic and Olympic and magic play each other twice 1st spot might not be locked in at all

From the players I know at various clubs, The few I know at NLambton love it. They rave about the positive culture. Sure a positive culture doesn’t win you premierships but it will draw players there eventually.
    Clubs rebuild and I’m sure they’ve learnt their lesson from years gone by.
    Hopefully Bay aren’t heading down the same track ?
    It’s looking like a good end to the season with a good finals series.

Few girls at magic reserve grade this season that are extremely happy to be there instead of basket case that is new lambton they should fold no hope at all for them unless they spend massive $$$$ who realistically will want to play there ?
    They lost there best like 3 players this season one just went to magic first grade the other two left back to central coast

Interesting last round of the season with bay to play Olympic and magic and Olympic and magic play each other twice 1st spot might not be locked in at all
    Hey as long as those same girls are happy to be mocked by their coach then that is great for them!

No different to the girls at New Lambton suffering a tough season, as long as they are still having some enjoyment good for them.

Bay will be hard to stop. They beat a top 4 side by 10 goals? $$$$