Thread: 2022 NPL Youth thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ExWhistleMan View Post
    Referees only have jurisdiction to call games off if it will be dangerous to play.

Also, let’s give everyone another reason to hate on referees…… great idea
    Not to mention that some refs are teens, imagine a 15yo getting pressured by a bunch of men to call off or keep on a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Not to mention that some refs are teens, imagine a 15yo getting pressured by a bunch of men to call off or keep on a game.
    There was a very recent case where council closed a ground but it wasnt accepted, then the groundsman called it off and it wasnt accepted then the refs called it off and it still wasnt accepted.Luckily the young refs father was there to keep an eye on the people 'advising' the ref to still play the game.Ultimately it was the correct call but if the people involved listened to the original decision maker (council) we wouldnt be putting young officials in these postitions.Definitely a day where the adults didnt cover themselves in much glory lets put it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    There was a very recent case where council closed a ground but it wasnt accepted, then the groundsman called it off and it wasnt accepted then the refs called it off and it still wasnt accepted.Luckily the young refs father was there to keep an eye on the people 'advising' the ref to still play the game.Ultimately it was the correct call but if the people involved listened to the original decision maker (council) we wouldnt be putting young officials in these postitions.Definitely a day where the adults didnt cover themselves in much glory lets put it that way.
    I heard about that. I really don’t get the logic in harassing the ref. I hope it was put in his match report as I assume he would still report what happened and it’s dealt with. Clubs will only be fined so many times and repeat offenders will be moved on.

Does anyone know if players under 18 can be fined? Or if there is a fine it goes to the club? I heard there was a bit going on up north in the last couple of weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by KITZ View Post
    I heard about that. I really don’t get the logic in harassing the ref. I hope it was put in his match report as I assume he would still report what happened and it’s dealt with. Clubs will only be fined so many times and repeat offenders will be moved on.
    Just to be clear I wasnt accusing anyone of harassment and certainly not anything worth putting in the match report.I just did not like the fact that people werent respecting the authority of people put in charge of making these decisions.Ultimately the referee made their decision on the day and it was respected.I just wish the original decision to close the ground was respected the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Just to be clear I wasnt accusing anyone of harassment and certainly not anything worth putting in the match report.I just did not like the fact that people werent respecting the authority of people put in charge of making these decisions.Ultimately the referee made their decision on the day and it was respected.I just wish the original decision to close the ground was respected the same way.
    maybe it was a different game! But even not, adults pressuring a kid like that considering the power imbalance there is pretty unfortunate.