Page 141 of 154 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,820 of 3065

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread

Quote Originally Posted by evolution View Post
    Wow I have not seen that photo for a while! I am in there smack bang in the middle.
    I would have been there, but being a bit shorter there I would have probably been standing further back on the path so I could actually see the match - for the United matches too
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Can't wait to find out if there's any truth to the "Zads punched a player during a 5 a side drill recently" rumours, lol.

Mostly surprised it wasn't Rudan that did it first to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Can't wait to find out if there's any truth to the "Zads punched a player during a 5 a side drill recently" rumours, lol.

Mostly surprised it wasn't Rudan that did it first to be honest.
    There's a full article in the Sydney Herald, they say the incident was also recorded with a drone.

Funny how the Herald only reports about the A-league when something dodgy happens.

Banned
    The question that has to be asked in all this BS is that Ruben retired from playing at a young age as he had chronic knee issues

Exactly what the **** is he doing playing 5 a side in the first place with dodgy knees ??

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    There's a full article in the Sydney Herald, they say the incident was also recorded with a drone.

Funny how the Herald only reports about the A-league when something dodgy happens.
    That's why I'll wait to see if there's any truth to it. I don't believe a word the SMH writes nowadays unfortunately.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS

Meanwhile, Sydney Croatia back in the headlines again for all the wrong reasons
    Jaliens gives me the horn

It's always troubling to see Zadkovich described as a former Socceroo. Brings back shameful memories of the Verbeek era's lowest ebbs.

Nonetheless, Ruben remains a king to me.

Under 20 Asia cup starts tonight 9pm, Australia and Vietnam, for those that are interested, on 10 play
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Under 20 Asia cup starts tonight 9pm, Australia and Vietnam, for those that are interested, on 10 play
    didn't go to plan wasn't a good watch

How we lose to countries like Vietnam is beyond me 🤷*♂️🤦*♂️

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    How we lose to countries like Vietnam is beyond me ��*♂️��*♂️
    Not sure is sarcasm or no. Countries in Vietnam are investing heavily in their youth and the rewards are paying off for them. They're football mad but without the vast resources.

Those Vietnam kids were better than at least 75% of the locals we have in the A-League at the moment.

But sure, lets keep sneering and assuming THEY are the developing football nation.

Our best performance was 2010, beaten in the final by Kim Jong Il and his boys. Make a good South park episode lol

Banned

You need to get out more

Most of these SE Asia players would walk it in our comp

The physicality would be the only thing that would hold them up

Skill on the ball they got it all over us

It amazes me the likes of Thailand Malaysia Indonesia Vietnam do so little in Asian football with the talent they have

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Those Vietnam kids were better than at least 75% of the locals we have in the A-League at the moment.

But sure, lets keep sneering and assuming THEY are the developing football nation.
    There’s no sneering, in reality we SHOULD defeat Vietnam, not having half the team available doesn’t help either due to FIFA dates, we are playing for a spot in a World Cup, everyone should be available

There’s no sneering, in reality we SHOULD defeat Vietnam, not having half the team available doesn’t help either due to FIFA dates, we are playing for a spot in a World Cup, everyone should be available
    Genuine question, what makes you think we should be beating these teams? We barely have a youth system at all, the best way to become a socceroo these days is to be a below average player somewhere in Europe with any sort of links to an Aussie passport, then settle for Australia once you real you don't have a chance with your actual national team.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Genuine question, what makes you think we should be beating these teams? We barely have a youth system at all, the best way to become a socceroo these days is to be a below average player somewhere in Europe with any sort of links to an Aussie passport, then settle for Australia once you real you don't have a chance with your actual national team.
    Can't even get in to the team by marrying the coaches daughter anymore... What's happened to the world?!?!

No we shouldn't. They invest heavily in youth. They're constantly playing matches whereas our youth group reach 15 and then there's nothing available for them. They have been in camp for 4 months and we have been in camp for probably 2 weeks.

Sack the coach, get popavic out, put Archie in ffs