Page 36 of 63 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Zone League 3 Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    Cockhead ref was the key.
    HIgh quality response as per usual. When a team loses, the ref is to blame! When a team wins the great team is to blame. Refs make mistakes, get over it. Looking at the ladder, your team of star nbn and newfm players have copped cockhead refs all season bar 2 games. Typical tribal bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by sutho View Post
    HIgh quality response as per usual. When a team loses, the ref is to blame! When a team wins the great team is to blame. Refs make mistakes, get over it. Looking at the ladder, your team of star nbn and newfm players have copped cockhead refs all season bar 2 games. Typical tribal bullshit.
    oh I forgot to ad, look at nbn forum when teams like Weston lose we DO NOT call match officials cockhead!!!

farcical scenes after where the ref ( clown ) called both captains in to a room after the game for half an hour, god knows what for ? Wtf ?
    This is really interesting. I've never heard of a ref dragging captains into a room after a game (and to I assume clarify some things). Is this a process that refs are required to do, outsider (if you're reading this)? Any insight into what this is about, and if it happens regularly? Are teams/captains/coaches able to officially sit down with refs after games in closed-rooms and discuss this stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    This is really interesting. I've never heard of a ref dragging captains into a room after a game (and to I assume clarify some things). Is this a process that refs are required to do, outsider (if you're reading this)? Any insight into what this is about, and if it happens regularly? Are teams/captains/coaches able to officially sit down with refs after games in closed-rooms and discuss this stuff?
    Referees are not required to do this and I am surprised that it did happen.With regard to the last sentence I would hardly think that is going to happen given the attitude of players/coaches to referees particularly after games in which they dont like the calls which is most of them from my experience.

About refs. Here i am thinking that 22 players had to put up with a ref not just 11. Oh and yes we have had bad calls but just get on with it. Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by sutho View Post
    oh I forgot to ad, look at nbn forum when teams like Weston lose we DO NOT call match officials cockhead!!!
    Ha Ha you sure about that

Quote Originally Posted by Stopper View Post
    About refs. Here i am thinking that 22 players had to put up with a ref not just 11. Oh and yes we have had bad calls but just get on with it. Just saying.
    agreed- by most readers I'm sure

Quote Originally Posted by Stopper View Post
    So imagine what it is like for referees who have to put up with 22 players plus subs,coaches and spectators.Players make mistakes which are overlooked by most but when the referee makes a decision which is disliked then all hell breaks loose.Some of you need to get out and referee a few games and maybe you will form a different opinion but somehow i doubt that is going to happen.

I think use need to concentrate on playing the game instead of worrying about refs. You can't blame being on the bottom of the ladder on the refs. Need to man up and have a go for 90 minutes every week. These refs often do two games without linesman, tough gig I think. As a captain I think you do the best you can to keep on the good side and go with the calls given. At stocko we have became very disciplined towards the ref.
    more football less sooking ppl!

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    two things about winging about refs after the game:

1. it won't change the result
    2. there is no way you can ever come across well, ever

Quote Originally Posted by BB2300 View Post
    I think use need to concentrate on playing the game instead of worrying about refs. You can't blame being on the bottom of the ladder on the refs. Need to man up and have a go for 90 minutes every week. These refs often do two games without linesman, tough gig I think. As a captain I think you do the best you can to keep on the good side and go with the calls given. At stocko we have became very disciplined towards the ref.
    more football less sooking ppl!
    Man up ?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Stocko won both grades.
    First grade was 4-0 at half time. Stayed that way for the next half. Had 1240572 chances and didn't put them away. Played a shit second half. No disrespect to mayf but our keeper didn't have to make a save the whole game which was pleasing defensive wise. Great first half but making a habit with not goin on with it in the second.

How'd everyone else go?
    mayfield aimed up and i dont remember 1240572 shots at goal though. last i saw it was 4-0
    maybe im wrong

Dungog v bero at bero, we had the worst ref I have seen in my 17 years playing. We had large amounts of bad calls against us 4 dotties i believe, but we just played shit too and could not blame the ref
    Dungog v Kurrri at Kurrri, we had a shot mid flight that was 5 metres from going in and the ref decided it was just that moment that was full time before it hit the net.
    We were annoyed and that did stop the game from being 3-3,but got over it, and could only blame ourselves!
    Your decision made it 1-1 at ht, you had another half to prove you deserved to be up at the break! We didn't get that chance and dealt with it.
    P.s Simba v Kurri??????
    Last edited by ManUTDSupporter; 08-07-2013 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTDSupporter View Post
    Dungog v bero at bero, we had the worst ref I have seen in my 17 years playing. We had large amounts of bad calls against us 4 dotties i believe, but we just played shit too and could not blame the ref
    Dungog v Kurrri at Kurrri, we had a shot mid flight that was 5 metres from going in and the ref decided it was just that moment that was full time before it hit the net.
    We were annoyed and that did stop the game from being 3-3,but got over it, and could only blame ourselves!
    Your decision made it 1-1 at ht, you had another half to prove you deserved to be up at the break! We didn't get that chance and dealt with it.
    P.s Simba v Kurri??????
    Prob would have if our player didn't get sent off for mumbling under his breath, yous weren't there, so don't comment, he was terrible end of story, no cookers giving version of events ? Maybe they just getting over it

Quote Originally Posted by ManUTDSupporter View Post
    Just to clear this up. If the referee deems that period of allocated time is complete then the moment he starts blowing his whistle that is the end of that period of play regardless of where the ball is (in the air/ about to be kicked into an empty net/ etc). Also the referee is the sole timekeeper of the match.
    Not implying you didn't know this btw sound like you did accept his decision and take responsibility which is excellent to hear. But I actually had a very similar incident today and there seems to be a myth going around that if one team is about to score the ref CAN'T blow HT/FT.

Man up ?
    The wingeing mate. Pack of women!
    If you get beat why can't you just say the other team played better.

Quote Originally Posted by eggball convert View Post
    Just to clear this up. If the referee deems that period of allocated time is complete then the moment he starts blowing his whistle that is the end of that period of play regardless of where the ball is (in the air/ about to be kicked into an empty net/ etc). Also the referee is the sole timekeeper of the match.
    Not implying you didn't know this btw sound like you did accept his decision and take responsibility which is excellent to hear. But I actually had a very similar incident today and there seems to be a myth going around that if one team is about to score the ref CAN'T blow HT/FT.
    I think the big point of concern was that after the referee had deemed full-time to be up, he stated that he had actually played 7 seconds too much. Why would a referee say this? It really only invites further questioning from the teams competing.

Quote Originally Posted by AcK0 View Post
    I think the big point of concern was that after the referee had deemed full-time to be up, he stated that he had actually played 7 seconds too much. Why would a referee say this? It really only invites further questioning from the teams competing.
    Very easy to do and the exact reason I use two watches, one with a generic stopwatch and the other on a countdown. As soon as that alarm goes the whistle is blown.
    I imagine he would of said he played 7s too much already was to provide a reason to blowing the whistle at that critical stage of the goal being scored. Maybe indicating that full time was up at a time before a goal scoring opportunity had surfaced. Though is he hadn't actually blown his whistle and just said that time was up before the goal was scored then blew FT after the ball is in the net and disallowed the goal, my understanding would be that is incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by eggball convert View Post
    Very well aware of this and we hardly complained, I as captained (who also had the shot) didn't even complain once and started shaking hands knowing we didn't deserve anything from the game. If you actually think we are complaining ( which if you read it carefully we are not) he said he didn't play any Injury time for subs nor Injuries during the game. So to get technical there wasn't correct time played. But like I said we were shit and didn't deserve anything from our three straight losses
    Last edited by ManUTDSupporter; 08-07-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Prob would have if our player didn't get sent off for mumbling under his breath, yous weren't there, so don't comment, he was terrible end of story, no cookers giving version of events ? Maybe they just getting over it
    I'm assuming he 'mumbled' something towards the ref, Which is why he got sent?
    Either way mate we have all copped a bad ref this year! I personally rather enjoy that we have refs to be able to play! Even if we must use our own on occasions.