Page 43 of 56 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 NEW FM League Thread

1-0 Adamstown

Nests on the home dugout at Blacksmiths Oval
    Thought that I should congratulate the A/town on their victories the other night. From where I was nestled, . I left with the opinion that A/town deserved the win, though the BelSWANS flock certainly hung in and made it though for them. With both goals coming in the final quarter of the game things were getting a little tight and desperate as the game progressed. It would have been more interesting if the G/K bungle didn't happen for the second goal. In the end I think a little extra class shone out on the night, though BelSWANS did have a few chances and got a bit out of pressuring the defence, it just didn't happen often enough. A/town were slick, didn't show much sign of an extended layoff and I guess I'm going with an early "well done for promotion Chappie and your boys, and good luck State side next year".
    May I just say the 23's game was a cracker, 1-0 to A/town with a screamer of a goal early in the game eventually deciding the fixture. "Well in" both teams, you made the extended "stay awake" for this young Swan who needs a bit of beauty sleep really enjoyable. A fast and physical contest at times played by two teams in good form.
    Time now for the flock to re-group for Sunday's clash with Tronta.

A wonderful day at Cook Square Park full of one sided so called football in very windy conditions

U19 Maitland 3 Singo 0
    U23 Maitland7 Singo 0
    1st Maitland6 Singo 0 5 nil at half time and then a penalty with a few minutes to go.Richo wont be happy with his charges after that game

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    A wonderful day at Cook Square Park full of one sided so called football in very windy conditions

U19 Maitland 3 Singo 0
    U23 Maitland7 Singo 0
    1st Maitland6 Singo 0 5 nil at half time and then a penalty with a few minutes to go.Richo wont be happy with his charges after that game
    Plenty of missed chances in the 2nd half. Maitland relaxed in the 2nd half and looked to be having a training run against a side that would struggle in ID 2's.

My honest opinion is that the fed should restructure the levels and have a 12 or 14 side State League. Get rid of NEWFM or if not this then bring in some clubs with ambition for the promotion because at the moment it's just a farce.

tronna v belswans ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    tronna v belswans ?
    1 all.

Match report?
    Quote Originally Posted by supasub View Post
    1 all.

New to this forum guys so go easy on me ...... The first thing i would like to say is that its football ... Not SOCCER !!!!

Thanx scoop
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Huge game for Toronto Awaba and West Wallsend coming up in early august ? Think the winner will be playing semi finals this year, the other, it will have to go down as a poor season.

Let me feed the ducks - wonder if he is mates with Sancho

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    tronna v belswans ?
    Hey Seldom.... a pretty unforgettable day at Blacksmiths on Sunday. A very average game with little goalmouth action, poor quality passing and a very not so titanic struggle. Both defenses seemed organised, which I think is the only real positive. The game changer should have come just before h/t when BelSWANS striker got away only to be pulled back and evenually tripped over from behind by the last defender..... Referee deemed a freekick and yellowie for the incident. He must have been the only person at the ground that didn't see it as a straight red. He did admit after the game to several players that he stuffed up.... well too late!
    2nd half no better than the first, BelSWANS scored from a dot shot early, looked like holding on to advantage until a g/k mistake gave the Stags an equaliser. Good on Toronto for showing some fight and getting something out of it. Thank god for full time.... it was getting cold.
    BelSWANS looked flat in 1sts and 23's after Thursday night. I wonder if Toronto were missing players, the word is the BelSWANS are resting players to get over niggles in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by The Manager View Post
    Let me feed the ducks - wonder if he is mates with Sancho
    Are you "quackers"...."Manager" as stated previously..... The SWAN is a regal and noble bird, ducks just show up in wet weather and piss me off! They're are no mates of mine!

Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    My honest opinion is that the fed should restructure the levels and have a 12 or 14 side State League. Get rid of NEWFM or if not this then bring in some clubs with ambition for the promotion because at the moment it's just a farce.
    Are you being serious JBCT (bird dyslexia)! Do you really want a 12/14 team state league, or is this just something coming from a supporter of a team that has fallen just short of promotion!

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    Are you being serious JBCT (bird dyslexia)! Do you really want a 12/14 team state league, or is this just something coming from a supporter of a team that has fallen just short of promotion!
    I think a 12 team State League would be the best size and the other point is why have a comp in NEWFM when you only really have a 3 team comp and the rest are bordering on pathetically poor? I said 12 or 14 to allow your side an opportunity to progress and do the required work to on facilities to step up (not shot at you either) as BelSwans, Maitland and Adamstown are the only sides who are making a fist of it in this comp. I imagine Maitland would also have to do a fair bit of work to their facilities to make the grade also but hopefully you can see my point.

Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    I think a 12 team State League would be the best size and the other point is why have a comp in NEWFM when you only really have a 3 team comp and the rest are bordering on pathetically poor? I said 12 or 14 to allow your side an opportunity to progress and do the required work to on facilities to step up (not shot at you either) as BelSwans, Maitland and Adamstown are the only sides who are making a fist of it in this comp. I imagine Maitland would also have to do a fair bit of work to their facilities to make the grade also but hopefully you can see my point.
    You have a 3 way competition as the federation/FFA have place so many restraints on the age of players.
    It has turned into a school yard. Newfm require older players which can teach and nurture young kids and help them through into NBN.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired View Post
    Newfm require older players which can teach and nurture young kids and help them through into NBN.
    Disagree. I dare say not many players play Newfm and then move onto NBN unless their team is promoted. I don't think NEWFM is a stepping stone into NBN. I see it as being the opposite. A stepping stone out of NBN into a semi professional comp where NBN players go when they aren't getting a run/want to play a grade higher or not as seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    Disagree. I dare say not many players play Newfm and then move onto NBN unless their team is promoted. I don't think NEWFM is a stepping stone into NBN. I see it as being the opposite. A stepping stone out of NBN into a semi professional comp where NBN players go when they aren't getting a run/want to play a grade higher or not as seriously.
    +1.

Has anyone done a points count on A/town's current squad?????

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_theswan View Post
    Has anyone done a points count on A/town's current squad?????
    A few of the player who would be heavy in points won't be there next season in the NBN.