Page 92 of 112 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,840 of 2222

Thread: 2013 NBN State League Thread

Quote Originally Posted by CStein View Post
    Its not a Jaffa bashing exercise, it just seems to hit a raw nerve with Jaf Jafs because maybe it holds true to the fact that they have contributed very little to the facility. Grandstand and facility built and funded totally by NCC. Drainage upgrade to the field NCC. Capping natural springs, storage, and watering systems NCC. Fields upgrades and Lighting for outer grounds (behind Lambton High) State Gov / NCC. Fertiliser for the Field, a pallet a year provided by Newcastle Football. Ground mowing and care NCC.
    dunno how you know so much about what goes on behind the scenes at Edden but there a lot of blokes who put in a lot of volunteer hours for the jaffas. not me, im much lazier than foreverred

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    There we go, welcome back to CStein and his Jihad against the Jaffas.

In answer to your question, maybe they asked NCC as the owners of the pitch for improvements to be made and that an artificial pitch could help them keep games on. Or the Jaffas, as the year long leasers, have offered to pay more rent etc. I don't believe Magic could do the same thing as they own their ground, instead of leasing it from the council.

In its most base form, I see it as no different from someone who is renting a house asking for improvements to be made.
    And for your info, i agree NCC needs a synthetic pitch. Where? Well maybe behind Maccas at Broadmeadow would suit as part of that whole development by private enterprise not costing our council a dime. What about the clubs that have improved their facilities off their own back? Surely junior grounds would be better suited to synthetic pitches to get their games on because there are usually a lot more participants and therefore better value for money for councils?

I take it the Jafs are different to every other club to have the ability as "leasers" to ask for improvements to their ground? Problem is that all clubs are ground hirers and neither have a lease or are tenants. They may however be given exclusive seasonal use of a facility to a point. There are no "year long leasers" that i am aware off, where did that info from? Every ground in the NCC is based on "seasonal usage". You need to "apply" for usage every year with "historical users" of a facility given preference. This directly quoted by a recently departed council officer. Lets keep it factual.

Totally different to renting a house...

I think your mistaken in my assessment of this. My point is i dont believe that any club or group should be entitled to benefits without putting in some hard yards themselves. This is true of Jaffas, Magic, Edgy, or any other team in any of our competitions. Take Thornton Red Backs for example, they deserve to be assisted in their facility as they have rolled up their sleeves and put into their facility, fencing, painting, etc. South Cardiff with the right honourable Forever Red should be a prime candidate for assistance at their ground. For all of the one sided or cock eyed bias, we should agree that they indeed improved their facility by draining the field and building a second seating area (yes chicken coop, but only in good humour). You see even Adamstown contributed to the training area behind the ground, and as has been criticised by many for a club that has been at the same facility for over 100 years such very little progress, but at least they are trying. Hamilton mow and generally take care of the field. Edgy hats off have tried so hard to get their facility to the next level and are making sound progress, by and large from their own pockets.

Its not a Jaffa bashing exercise, it just seems to hit a raw nerve with Jaf Jafs because maybe it holds true to the fact that they have contributed very little to the facility. Grandstand and facility built and funded totally by NCC. Drainage upgrade to the field NCC. Capping natural springs, storage, and watering systems NCC. Fields upgrades and Lighting for outer grounds (behind Lambton High) State Gov / NCC. Fertiliser for the Field, a pallet a year provided by Newcastle Football. Ground mowing and care NCC.

I can recall when league and union grounds had permanent facility caretakers, and still happens today, looking after their facilities and cleaning, preparing, doing beyond and above the NCC scope of works. You see i see that as unfair to our code and just as that is not right, it is not right that we give handouts for zero effort. Simple as that.
    Not sure where u got your info mate but Jaffas paid for grandstand and facilities out of their own pocket, NOT NCC
    Newcastle football contributed to some cost which is why they share the ground.
    Not NCC
    The grand stand was actually erected by a volunteer in his late 60s single handedly!
    Think u need to get the facts right before going on your Jaffas bash.
    Cheers
    Last edited by Jaf Jaf; 25-07-2013 at 10:54 PM.

And for your info, i agree NCC needs a synthetic pitch. Where? Well maybe behind Maccas at Broadmeadow would suit as part of that whole development by private enterprise not costing our council a dime. What about the clubs that have improved their facilities off their own back? Surely junior grounds would be better suited to synthetic pitches to get their games on because there are usually a lot more participants and therefore better value for money for councils?

I take it the Jafs are different to every other club to have the ability as "leasers" to ask for improvements to their ground? Problem is that all clubs are ground hirers and neither have a lease or are tenants. They may however be given exclusive seasonal use of a facility to a point. There are no "year long leasers" that i am aware off, where did that info from? Every ground in the NCC is based on "seasonal usage". You need to "apply" for usage every year with "historical users" of a facility given preference. This directly quoted by a recently departed council officer. Lets keep it factual.

Totally different to renting a house...
    Totally incorrect again
    Magic have a 99 year lease on their ground which is why they spend money themselves on improvements.

SOUTH CARDIFF 3 JETS 0 FIRST GRADE
    SOUTH CARDIFF 4 EMERGING JETS 2 UNDER 23

Saw BR but no sign of shovel or trench digger
    Last edited by outsider; 26-07-2013 at 08:06 PM. Reason: correct error

Quote Originally Posted by Jaf Jaf View Post
    Not sure where u got your info mate but Jaffas paid for grandstand and facilities out of their own pocket, NOT NCC
    Newcastle football contributed to some cost which is why they share the ground.
    Not NCC
    The grand stand was actually erected by a volunteer in his late 60s single handedly!
    Think u need to get the facts right before going on your Jaffas bash.
    Cheers
    WOW... You are kidding right? That whole facility paid for by Jaffas... Seeing though you are in the know what was Newcastle Footballs contribution exactly?

Credit to the old fella, should have sent him over to help South Cardiff.

Just thought you might like to know CStein, both Thornton and Cardiff aren't in NCC boundaries, so their relevance to the discussions about the Jaffas and NCC is totally irrelevant, it's up to them to go to MCC and LMCC. Plus I'm not an expert in lease law, so I won't comment.

But i like your point of having a synthetic pitch for juniors but I doubt the economics of it. It won't happen because within 6 months of it going down, it would need significant repairs coz some dickheads would vandalise it (think Walker Field). Plus, alot of grounds share with cricket during the summer, so I'm not sure how that would work.

And I think you need to be careful about making generalisations about clubs and volunteers. Just because a club doesn't have a facility of the standard of Wanderers, doesn't mean there isn't stuff going on in the background. Another point I'll make is a point I've already made before, not all clubs are lucky enough to have the support of organisations like Magic do, and credit to them for that. Finally, if you look at how many games are played at Edden Oval every week, the pitch is holding up quite well, as I'm sure Ulinga and Darling Street are as well, not many clubs can afford to only let their NBN teams play on the grounds.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Just thought you might like to know CStein, both Thornton and Cardiff aren't in NCC boundaries, so their relevance to the discussions about the Jaffas and NCC is totally irrelevant, it's up to them to go to MCC and LMCC. Plus I'm not an expert in lease law, so I won't comment.

But i like your point of having a synthetic pitch for juniors but I doubt the economics of it. It won't happen because within 6 months of it going down, it would need significant repairs coz some dickheads would vandalise it (think Walker Field). Plus, alot of grounds share with cricket during the summer, so I'm not sure how that would work.

And I think you need to be careful about making generalisations about clubs and volunteers. Just because a club doesn't have a facility of the standard of Wanderers, doesn't mean there isn't stuff going on in the background. Another point I'll make is a point I've already made before, not all clubs are lucky enough to have the support of organisations like Magic do, and credit to them for that. Finally, if you look at how many games are played at Edden Oval every week, the pitch is holding up quite well, as I'm sure Ulinga and Darling Street are as well, not many clubs can afford to only let their NBN teams play on the grounds.
    Good points. I dont disagree. I just feel disappointed that clubs tend to look at others with envy. Im no mouthpiece for Magic, but they have their shit together and they are obviously a benchmark for many clubs, and this is why i think they are doing a great job, just as i agree that Edgy deserve the GF next year and have worked hard to raise the bar. If clubs took the time to worry about improving their own lot and less on cutting down the clubs that are achieving then how much better would this comp be?

No criticism of volunteers, we are all volunteers somewhere along the lines... Not everything should be judged against magic either.

The major issue for Jaffas will be the continued funding of the playing roster. A very difficult task and my thoughts are that the Jaffas are paying big money this year. I recall reading Chris Sneddon in the herald a while ago still in NBN i think, stating that they were chasing titles and this would be achieved by having a strong player roster, and subsidised by local businesses and sponsors. Is this sustainable? I would not think so. The advantage is for many clubs that the less they need to spend on maintaining their facilities the more they have to spend on their playing roster. Not a criticism but hardly a sustainable footprint for a club.

I think from memory the pitch at Arthur Edden is oversown with winter grass. I think this is an $8000 project, every year. I was speaking to someone at the council depot and they tell me council cover these costs, not sure if that is the case with AE. This grass does tend to hold up exceptionally well for the winter months, but i think it looks good, but not the best of grass for playing football.

Good points. I dont disagree. I just feel disappointed that clubs tend to look at others with envy. Im no mouthpiece for Magic, but they have their shit together and they are obviously a benchmark for many clubs, and this is why i think they are doing a great job, just as i agree that Edgy deserve the GF next year and have worked hard to raise the bar. If clubs took the time to worry about improving their own lot and less on cutting down the clubs that are achieving then how much better would this comp be?

No criticism of volunteers, we are all volunteers somewhere along the lines... Not everything should be judged against magic either.

The major issue for Jaffas will be the continued funding of the playing roster. A very difficult task and my thoughts are that the Jaffas are paying big money this year. I recall reading Chris Sneddon in the herald a while ago still in NBN i think, stating that they were chasing titles and this would be achieved by having a strong player roster, and subsidised by local businesses and sponsors. Is this sustainable? I would not think so. The advantage is for many clubs that the less they need to spend on maintaining their facilities the more they have to spend on their playing roster. Not a criticism but hardly a sustainable footprint for a club.

I think from memory the pitch at Arthur Edden is oversown with winter grass. I think this is an $8000 project, every year. I was speaking to someone at the council depot and they tell me council cover these costs, not sure if that is the case with AE. This grass does tend to hold up exceptionally well for the winter months, but i think it looks good, but not the best of grass for playing football.
    Hahah totally incorrect, YET AGAIN.
    Be careful making generalizations about clubs u know nothing about!
    Jaffas have 7 players in their first grade team who have never played nbn level before!
    Do u think they are spending big dollars. Come on mate. They have 6 players under the age of 22. Do u think they are paying big $$?
    They havnt got a Barcelona line up like magic! We have over achieved this year with the playing roster we had. The herald tipped us to come second last and you think we are paying big $!??
    Do u put any thought into why u say or back up with any evidence!??
    We can sustain this playing roster with canteen sales and gate takings it is so low. Young guys who don't have big names don't demand big money. We have 2 or 3 big names and that's it. We are not a star studded lineup demanding big money.

I'll just say this before stepping out of the way, knowing Chris personally, he knows his shit and if he says its sustainable for the Jaffas to continue what they're doing, I'm going to believe him. Being the treasurer (I think), he'll have the best idea of what's sustainable for the club or not, as opposed to us looking from the outside in.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Talked to TigerTurf today who are one of the two FIFA preferred world wide FIFA 2 level surface suppliers ( they manufacture in Australia).

Budget numbers:
    $100 per sq m, earth works, installation, everything. So for 106 x 76m, $800,000.
    If the club can supply the prepared compacted base, $40 per sq m. So only $320,000.
    preety good numbers.
    i remeber being in a convo with a one of the guys behind the getting the set up on the central coast up and running.
    biggest cost in the construction was all the fencing apparently.

if managed properly an articfical pitch can become a money making machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    preety good numbers.
    i remeber being in a convo with a one of the guys behind the getting the set up on the central coast up and running.

Isnt there some getting built at Speers Point ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Youaskedforit View Post
    Isnt there some getting built at Speers Point ?
    Requires government funding and as this is part of downtown Newy and the Hunter don't hold your breath

Quote Originally Posted by Jaf Jaf View Post
    Hahah totally incorrect, YET AGAIN.
    Be careful making generalizations about clubs u know nothing about!
    Jaffas have 7 players in their first grade team who have never played nbn level before!
    Do u think they are spending big dollars. Come on mate. They have 6 players under the age of 22. Do u think they are paying big $$?
    They havnt got a Barcelona line up like magic! We have over achieved this year with the playing roster we had. The herald tipped us to come second last and you think we are paying big $!??
    Do u put any thought into why u say or back up with any evidence!??
    We can sustain this playing roster with canteen sales and gate takings it is so low. Young guys who don't have big names don't demand big money. We have 2 or 3 big names and that's it. We are not a star studded lineup demanding big money.
    There was a bloke spruiking at a recent Jaffas home game about Jobe Wheelhouse being $1200 per week which is fully covered by sponsorship deals. If it's true then Jaffas need both a kick up the arse and a pat on the back. Firstly a pat on the back for getting this quality of sponsors and secondly the kick up the arse for wasting that amount of money of a player like Jobe, this will only force other players to push up their wage claims.
    This bloke may not be accurate and it all could be false but it's being said.

My grandma told me Olympic are paying their ressies $400 a game each, not saying its true but if it is that is ridiculous by Olympic! Dunno if it's true but it's being said...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    preety good numbers.

I play Soccer5s down there each week, and I can confirm it is both absolutely amazing and a money making machine. The fencing didn't look cheap, he wouldn't have been lying!

Does anyone know what happened in the U19 make up game between Jaffas and Valentine Tuesday night? I heard that a Valentine player broke his arm when he hacked a Jaffas player. The Jaffas guy retaliated and got marched. Score 1 - 0 to Valentine at the time. Match fizzled out while ambulance was on the way. Was there a result or does the game get played again?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet FA Cup View Post
    Does anyone know what happened in the U19 make up game between Jaffas and Valentine Tuesday night? I heard that a Valentine player broke his arm when he hacked a Jaffas player. The Jaffas guy retaliated and got marched. Score 1 - 0 to Valentine at the time. Match fizzled out while ambulance was on the way. Was there a result or does the game get played again?
    Without knowing full details, and if 19s play injury time, but I would imagine all the players would have to remain on the pitch until the period is finished, whether or not that is half time or full time. If it was in the first half, there's 2 possible scenarios: the ref abandons the match due to severe injury and not being able to move the player off the field of play, or he continues on as per normal and after half time all the players should be on the field and ready to go, but the ref doesn't allow play to proceed while the injured player is being treated, as per normal, but with his stopwatch running. Should the 45 minutes expire before the injured player is moved, then he would blow for full time after the 45 minutes.

If it was in the second half, I would imagine the ref would just let time expire and blow full time, hence completing the fixture.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

If the match was abandoned prior to the 60th minute it will be replayed. If it occurred after this time then the result will stand.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I play Soccer5s down there each week, and I can confirm it is both absolutely amazing and a money making machine. The fencing didn't look cheap, he wouldn't have been lying!
    if the tenzo were smart they should look at turning those front courts into two 5 a side pitches

i play now and then at "insideout" behind the tennis centre at homebush, it's ****en mint!