Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 State League player movements

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    South Cardiff have signed Matty Darr, former South Cardiff and Edgeworth state league player returning after a couple of years in the zone premier leagues
    Nice pick up from Southy the bloke is quality, Big loss for Suburb maybe you could send a few blokes up the hill FR.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Will try to support all our local clubs, go the burbs

Ljubo Milicevic possibly 6 game stint with buds until back overseas... Keeping fit .. Keith Harris the hook up

South Cardiff have signed Matty Darr, former South Cardiff and Edgeworth state league player returning after a couple of years in the zone premier leagues
    Is this 100% confirmed? It's only I had confirmation he signed with Atown - although that was probably a month before you posted this.

Good to see a Southy "junior" (I know he played 19s back in the day) returning back to the club.

Good player regardless of who he's playing for.
    Last edited by pv4; 17-12-2013 at 10:08 AM.
    OK

Has anyone heard the rumour about the faj brothers leaving jaffas because Dennis wasn't submitted in their 20 man 1st grade list to northern because it would have put them over the 250 points?

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Has anyone heard the rumour about the faj brothers leaving jaffas because Dennis wasn't submitted in their 20 man 1st grade list to northern because it would have put them over the 250 points?
    Mate would you mind posting up the Jaffas squad of 20?

Or you could tell us where the rumour came from?

The squad of 20 doesn't need to be submitted to NNSW until 2 weeks before the season starts. Anyones squad could change 100 times before then.

I can confirm that everything is alive and well with the Faj brothers, and there is a good friendship between Tanch and the Faj brothers.
    I can also confirm Denis Faj was in the squad of 20 listed to NNSW as I was copied in the email Tanch sent with his squad of 20 that was sent to Northern.

Maybe you can try and make some rumours about other clubs now..

I can also confirm that Connor Evans has signed with Jaffas again for 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Jaf Jaf View Post
    I can also confirm that Connor Evans has signed with Jaffas again for 2014
    Good news that, I thought he had left.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Is this 100% confirmed? It's only I had confirmation he signed with Atown - although that was probably a month before you posted this.

Good to see a Southy "junior" (I know he played 19s back in the day) returning back to the club.

Good player regardless of who he's playing for.
    100% confirmed I spoke too him after I seen this
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

is there anywhere that people can see the so called "player rosters" for next year?? would love to see how some teams are gonna fit players in going by the rumours...

Quote Originally Posted by chocolate soldier View Post
    is there anywhere that people can see the so called "player rosters" for next year?? would love to see how some teams are gonna fit players in going by the rumours...
    Until such times that the FFA allow NNSWF to have the old contract system reinstated then you will never get an accurate list.

Players can jump ship at any time but one of the few positives I see in this new points system set up is that it's more difficult to find a club to put you under their cap.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Until such times that the FFA allow NNSWF to have the old contract system reinstated then you will never get an accurate list.

Players can jump ship at any time but one of the few positives I see in this new points system set up is that it's more difficult to find a club to put you under their cap.
    Isn't it also harder now zico because if a player jumps ship he can only be added into a clubs top 20 list during the two trade windows in early may and late June?

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe View Post
    Isn't it also harder now zico because if a player jumps ship he can only be added into a clubs top 20 list during the two trade windows in early may and late June?
    Last I heard the 2 transfer windows were still in doubt

Last I heard the 2 transfer windows were still in doubt
    so no transfer windows or transfer whenever you want?

Transfer window is happening, although you can sign a player anytime it just that they can not play first grade until the window

Transfer window is happening, although you can sign a player anytime it just that they can not play first grade until the window
    This new system is poor. What other League in the world have such heavy restrictions on players? I know other countries have transfer windows and so on but players off contract can still be signed at anytime during the season and play for the new club outside the windows.
    What will happen if a club have a horror run of injuries and are unable to bring players in to cover the players who are out? Are clubs allowed to promote young players from say U/19's who show promise and deserve a spot if it's outside the window for altering the clubs top 20?

Players injured for longer then 4 weeks can be replaced outside of window , a medical certificate is required for this to happen,when the injured player returns he can only replace the person who took his spot, it's difficult for young players emerging who are outside the 20, a simple spot on the bench to gain experience can't happen anymore

Are clubs allowed to promote young players from say U/19's who show promise and deserve a spot if it's outside the window for altering the clubs top 20?
    This seems like the conundrum to me. Can a club "promote" an U/19s player to the bench of first grade (and perhaps a 20minutes at the end for experience) outside the windows? or must they be in the Top 20. This aspect is kind of counter productive i believe.

I don't think it's such a big deal on the whole, as some clubs are already doing great things with their juniors transitioning to first grade e.g Magic, Southy. I think NNSW have maybe rushed this a little.

Clubs cannot promote anyone to first grade outside the 20 other then in the windows, don't blame NNSWF for this, this is all an FFA instructive, NNSWF have actually been able to down grade some instructions from FFA that would have been intangible for most clubs to carry out

Stu Musialak to adamstown
    Blake Green to Olympic
    Luke Walker to Edgeworth