Page 106 of 135 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 2687

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

On paper, it is one of the stronger Olyroos squads i have seen for a few years.
    Still think Champness and Vujica were unlucky to miss out, i would have taken Joey over Blackwood every day of the week. But its good for us, we would have been extremely thin without them.

We have been pretty ordinary at this level for a while now so hopefully it can start to turn a bit.
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    man i legit thought Paul Izzo was 35 years old.

Holy moly livin in a caravan will age a man.
    Same. He was probably the kid with a full beard in under 10's.

Tongyik hasn't played a minute this season but got picked ahead of Jackson. He'd be fuming.
    OK

Based on Merricks comments about it being a nothing tournament, our injury problems and it not being a fifa date. Is it possible Merrick has said you cant take those players/or requested they were not selected? Are clubs allowed to do that?

Quote Originally Posted by westjet View Post
    Based on Merricks comments about it being a nothing tournament, our injury problems and it not being a fifa date. Is it possible Merrick has said you cant take those players/or requested they were not selected? Are clubs allowed to do that?
    Apparently it's written into the club agreements that players can be taken whenever for rep games

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Tongyik hasn't played a minute this season but got picked ahead of Jackson. He'd be fuming.
    IMO this would be the right call. Jackson hasn't played a lot and from what I have seen Tongyik is pretty handy.

Quote Originally Posted by westjet View Post
    Yeah didn’t realise the tournament was so meaningless.
    Melbourne City and Gypos have been stitched up with important players being taken for this shitty tournament.
    Glad we weren’t in the end!

Dario Vidosic has been released by Wello, depending what additional replacements Jets have in the pipeline Vidosic would be a good pick-up till the end of the year. Can play wide or AM. Has 4 goals, 2 assists this season

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Dario Vidosic has been released by Wello, depending what additional replacements Jets have in the pipeline Vidosic would be a good pick-up till the end of the year. Can play wide or AM. Has 4 goals, 2 assists this season
    Does it say why he was released?

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Does it say why he was released?
    The pair were a package deal. Rado had clashes with Kalezic and apparently it got down to "him or us" discussions, so Vido and Vido walked.

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    I'd take Vidosic.

Poor old Wellington are struggling this year.

Well, time to get him outta my fantasy team
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

would take him before i took ibini

Vidosic would be a nice addition for the remainder of the season

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Vidosic would be a nice addition for the remainder of the season
    You all beat me to it. Would take him in a heartbeat as long as his old man stays away!

The jets of old would have signed Dario in an instant... maybe the new regime will take their time a bit more!

"The 30-year-old suffered a knee injury against the Glory and his immediate fitness - and playing future - are uncertain."
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Lawrie said on twitter responding to someone asking about Vidosic, We are close to announcing two new signings been negotiating for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    The jets of old would have signed Dario in an instant... maybe the new regime will take their time a bit more!

"The 30-year-old suffered a knee injury against the Glory and his immediate fitness - and playing future - are uncertain."
    didn't even read that in the article, makes sense why they got rid of them both if rado is being a dick and they can't even get any value out of dario

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post

That injury looked pretty bad at the time eh.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Lawrie said on twitter responding to someone asking about Vidosic, We are close to announcing two new signings been negotiating for a while.
    On the whole, the club are doing better at keeping signings secret over the last 12 months. While it seems more professional and leads to less disappointment, part of me still wants to hear transfer rumours!

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    On the whole, the club are doing better at keeping signings secret over the last 12 months. While it seems more professional and leads to less disappointment, part of me still wants to hear transfer rumours!
    Agreed, But all the rumours we hear these days tend to come true
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight