Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 16/17 HAL Round 12 | Newcastle Jets v Wellington Phoenix | Mon 26 Dec 2016 5:35PM

Hoole was one of our best if not the motm to be honest.

Noddy was superb. Can't wait to see the kokko nordstrand combo

Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post
    Hoole was one of our best if not the motm to be honest.

Noddy was superb. Can't wait to see the kokko nordstrand combo
    😂

Nothing wrong with his general play, lively and created numerous chances. Couple of mistakes but otherwise was good value. Justified his starting position in this game. Now needs to back it up in his next game.

I've been a vocal detractor RE: Hoole. But yesterday he did very well IMO.

Hoole seems to be the outfield BK. Anyone else makes the same errors/mistakes that he does, they are given the benefit of the doubt.

Case in point, Nabbout's woeful effort on goal in the first half yesterday. Had Hoole done that, everyone would be castigating him.

I honestly don't understand what's wrong with going to a game and enjoying it? What are you supposed to do sit there whinging every time we stuff up (Youd lose your voice) then come on here whinging even more 😂 Each to their own but I'll keep being plastic and enjoy when we play good football because it's rare.

Quote Originally Posted by monz6 View Post
    I honestly don't understand what's wrong with going to a game and enjoying it? What are you supposed to do sit there whinging every time we stuff up (Youd lose your voice) then come on here whinging even more 😂 Each to their own but I'll keep being plastic and enjoy when we play good football because it's rare.
    Yesterday was an enjoyable game, despite not winning. Imagine if it had been played in cooler conditions in the evening! I went home a lot happier than usual from a draw because it was a good game insofar that it was exciting until the end.
    The complaining comes from years of disappointment and mediocrity (and that is being kind). The fans and the football community deserve better than the drivel we have been served as entertainment (as that is what sport is) since 2008. If the Jets were a TV show we all would have stopped watching years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Yesterday was an enjoyable game, despite not winning. Imagine if it had been played in cooler conditions in the evening! I went home a lot happier than usual from a draw because it was a good game insofar that it was exciting until the end.
    The complaining comes from years of disappointment and mediocrity (and that is being kind). The fans and the football community deserve better than the drivel we have been served as entertainment (as that is what sport is) since 2008. If the Jets were a TV show we all would have stopped watching years ago.
    I agree with everything you said. I left feeling the same

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy View Post
    But the only change he has made in the last three weeks is to change back to the exact same formation and line-up (with the exception of Vujica) that Miller had them playing in the pre-season. He wasted six weeks making formation changes and playing players out of position, and now he's a genius (nearly) for going back to what the last gaffer had them doing.

I'll give him credit for getting the team to play out the full 90 minutes which is something they've struggled to do of late but the rest of the changes are simply a case of "back to the future".
    Jones has more of a clue than any of his predecessors and that includes GVES

Yesterday the composure our mids and defenders showed playing out from the back was great to see.

We regularly played the ball into them when they were under pressure.

The boys done this and looked comfortable doing it

Jones also has them actually running beyond the last man
    Something the previous incumbents have never embraced

This actually helps the entire team no end.

He also has these blokes also attempting to move the ball forward with speed.
    He is gradually showing that he can actually achieve things with this club that GVES has never been able to do with the HAL side or the EJ

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Someone talk me through what the hell Mullen was doing when Wellington scored their first goal.

Looked like he was setting up Barbarouses for a drive to the paint with a well-worked screen.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

I wish Jesus had a birthday every week because it puts the Member in a good mood and it makes the Jets play good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Hoole showed us both ends of the scale again. Talent then pure shit and repeat and repeat.
    There was one bit where a pass to Hoole was slightly over hit and would have resulted in him having to challenge for the ball... he just eased to a stop, the Nix left back got the ball and ran forward whilst Hoole just stood there. No effort to get back.

Then he was excellent minutes later. Then shit again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Browns flick onto nabbout was class. Personally i think we should be expecting more from brown. Too harsh?
    nope, Ilike browny, I think he needs more improvement like most others have. He has lots more potential wihich is a good thing.

And, that statement about having a full squad etc and getting better results rings truer than ever. Our depth ay lol

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    There was one bit where a pass to Hoole was slightly over hit and would have resulted in him having to challenge for the ball... he just eased to a stop, the Nix left back got the ball and ran forward whilst Hoole just stood there. No effort to get back.

Then he was excellent minutes later. Then shit again.
    So you think he's captaincy material ?

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    nope, Ilike browny, I think he needs more improvement like most others have. He has lots more potential wihich is a good thing.

And, that statement about having a full squad etc and getting better results rings truer than ever. Our depth ay lol
    I like him too mate. I can see the potential. He just hasnt quite hit the heights that promised after the 2 classy goals early on. I think with clut going back to the bench it could free up some room for him hopefully.
    Basically i just want to see the ball at his feet more.
    Anyone have the stats on touches per game?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    You obviously haven't heard about Home and Away on Channel Seven then.

WTF was the story with making everyone dump their cold water bottles yesterday? No prior warning after bringing them in for years.

Hot day, good idea to bring iced water for the kids. But no, apparently because one twit snuck in vodka everyone has to pay....you empty your iced water and are told to refill at the bar, with warm tap water! No water station available and of course, the kids are not able to refill at the bar as they are under legal age !!! Asked my dopey security guy to taste the bloody stuff instead. Another guy went through and said "what about the flare in my pocket - not interested in that?"

Get us some more night games ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    WTF was the story with making everyone dump their cold water bottles yesterday? No prior warning after bringing them in for years.

Hot day, good idea to bring iced water for the kids. But no, apparently because one twit snuck in vodka everyone has to pay....you empty your iced water and are told to refill at the bar, with warm tap water! No water station available and of course, the kids are not able to refill at the bar as they are under legal age !!! Asked my dopey security guy to taste the bloody stuff instead. Another guy went through and said "what about the flare in my pocket - not interested in that?"

We just refilled our bottles at the bubbler, not really much of an issue compared to the argument we got to have to get out seats off people who had waltzed into the bay. Saw a few heated discussions in the western stand with members getting frustrated at having to move people on from their seats.

Apparently a 12/13 season lanyard gives you the right to any seat in the stadium even though your ticket is for the northern hill.

Security can stop people getting into the active support without the right ticket, but couldn't give a shit about the rest of the stadium. Based on what I saw yesterday I think its only a matter of time before someone looses their shit and punches on.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

Exactly what was the problem??

I took on two bottles of it yesterday

Was pulled up by security and showed they were unbroken seals

Waltzed right in.

Exactly what went wrong for you??

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Exactly what was the problem??

I took on two bottles of it yesterday

Was pulled up by security and showed they were unbroken seals

Waltzed right in.

Exactly what went wrong for you??
    forgot to take the smirnoff label off, oops

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    Someone talk me through what the hell Mullen was doing when Wellington scored their first goal.

Looked like he was setting up Barbarouses for a drive to the paint with a well-worked screen.
    He was trying to cover for the fact that his captain was about as useful as a witches hat in defence due to not being able to walk let alone run. Boogs inability to move made the Jets lose shape and Wellington capitalised.
    Boogs had the opportunity to go off a few mins before the goal but chose not to and it cost the Jets 3 points.
    he was also responsible for the 2nd goal as well when he lost the ball and was unable to get back to cover because yet again - he was still injured and couldn't run.
    Sorry but Boogs thinks about himself first and not the team and that's a major worry.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 27-12-2016 at 05:22 PM.