Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 03 | Newcastle Jets vs Melbourne Victory | Friday 23/10/15 ko 740pm

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Worse than Ribiero? Are you taking the piss? I barely remember him even taking the field. Leonardo last night was fantastic - won a lot of free kicks that released pressure and gave the defenders a breather. Was always a step ahead of Trif with his thinking and passing and if those two can connect we've got a lot to look forward to. Leo knows how to hold the ball off opponents and then with a swift move get around them. He lost it a few times trying to take people on but if we want someone who always plays the safe backward option, we can just bring Caravella back.
    For a while there I thought I was alone in thinking he had a good game. Ran out of legs at the end, but I thought he was solid up until then.

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Flores
    You need to be on the park first. We hardly saw him

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Cheers boiz.

I reckon he's worse than Ribeiro, and we know he's worse than Flores, who is probably one of the most talented guys to have played for the Jets. Most talented for me is the aforementioned Vigs.
    Ribeiro hardly played a game and before he came to the Jets he'd hardly done anywhere near what Leonardo had.

Flores again played **** all for us and is now playing 2nd tier US football.

Agree about Vigs though. Can't believe I forgot about him. He was magnificient

He seems to have good skill just needs to get on the ball more in the right areas

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Ribeiro hardly played a game and before he came to the Jets he'd hardly done anywhere near what Leonardo had.

Flores again played **** all for us and is now playing 2nd tier US football.

Agree about Vigs though. Can't believe I forgot about him. He was magnificient
    Leonardo is clearly better than Ribeiro who was hardly sighted and yes Vigs was quality, was a shame he was just getting into a groove when he done his ACL on the infamous Hunter stadium turf.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Maybe Pete is still smitten with that bird on riberio's youtube video
    HAHAHA..
    I remember her..

Leo is doing ok and getting fitter each week

From what I have seen of Leonardo, I think that once his fitness improves he will be huge for us. Did you notice how long it took MV to start knocking him down every time he got the ball? Ok, I know there were a few "milking" attempts, but it seems that he was a target. Give him a chance; we've been screaming out for a 10 and maybe, just maybe, we've found one.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Obviously I wasn't at the same game
    Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Seriously you are waching a different game. Jackson had Barborouses in his pocket all game. In the past 2 weeks Barborouses has been attacking at will and last night Jackson kept him quiet. Got round him once from memory. Not bad for a 20yr old in his 3rd A-League game coming back from a quad strain
    i was sitting right in front of him for the first half and he was atrocious. barbarouses danced past him a few times, one time he stood and watched while barbarouses ran onto a loose ball, skipped past him and then got a a shot saved sharply by bk. then there was the time he lost barbs when they played a ball over the top; luckily boogard recovered to save the day.

got caught on the ball a few times trying to dribble out from defence. his passing was bad too, i think he kicked the ball straight out about 3 times.

didn't see much of him second half, and haven't watched the replay, so i'll concede that he may have improved in the second half.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    also leonardo is great.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

best game ive seen us play for a long time
    scramble defence was excellent, great to see rather than the usual ball watching of previous years
    Khalfallah, berisha, Barbarouses & finkler all kept very quiet

who got the fox sports 321?

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    who got the fox sports 321?
    Del Piero

Barbarouses made mince meat of Jackson, which game were you ****s watching ffs

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Barbarouses made mince meat of Jackson, which game were you ****s watching ffs
    went past Jackson a couple of times and did what? nothing, cover defence shut him down quick

Yeah I gotta say that I thought Jackson did pretty well (this is only going off the drunken haze of what I remember - perhaps re-watching the game in the sober light of day may tell a different story)..
    I mean, Jackson looked nervous at times, but overall I think he did really well keeping Barbarouses out of it, took the ball off him a few times when he tried to cut in.. Barbarouses looked pretty poor..

Sounding more and more like Jackson is the foz's new BK.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Sounding more and more like Jackson is the foz's new BK.
    BK is still the new BK.

Was shit on Friday night, didn't know a thing about half of his saves. Just lucky that Victory were kicking straight at him.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    also leonardo is great.
    Glad to give you positive rep for this

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    went past Jackson a couple of times and did what? nothing, cover defence shut him down quick
    still went past him very easily, don't know how the cover defence cleaning up Jackson's mess makes Jackson himself pass the grade

we were just lucky not to be punished

to me it seemed like every time it went down that flank they were in behind us, with Jackson providing all the defensive pressure and tackling ability of a witches hat

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    still went past him very easily, don't know how the cover defence cleaning up Jackson's mess makes Jackson himself pass the grade

we were just lucky not to be punished

to me it seemed like every time it went down that flank they were in behind us, with Jackson providing all the defensive pressure and tackling ability of a witches hat
    I was really concerned when we lost Sam Gallaway that we wouldn't have anyone to blame for shit regardless if it was their fault or not.
    Thankfully the club has for once done something for the fans and signed Jackson as the clubs whipping boy.