Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Football

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    Not going to improve on the talent if the options for development aren't there for as many as possible.
    Cool, let's circle all the way back around then.

I dont reackon they should have any development squads until it's free for everyone.

Only then will it be fair

Bugger appealing to 60-70-80 or 90% of the population.
    All or nothing.

Something something something.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Cool, let's circle all the way back around then.

I dont reackon they should have any development squads until it's free for everyone.

Only then will it be fair

Bugger appealing to 60-70-80 or 90% of the population.
    All or nothing.

Something something something.
    Are you familiar with the term strawman? Because you're using it right now.

Are you familiar with the term strawman?
    Yes, they keep the crows away from my corn fields.

Not sure how many of them went through a development program though.

Yes, they keep the crows away from my corn fields.

Not sure how many of them went through a development program though.
    Probably do as good for Australia as 95% of the ones in those development programs. That 5% could be a lot bigger but people like you want it remained small

That 5% could be a lot bigger but people like you want it remained small
    Hey man if I had trouble reading and comprehending people's posts then I'd probably come to the same stupid conclusion.
    So good job good effort there guy.

Talking to a parent from another SAP team the other day.
    Their club is canvassing whether to utilise the 2nd weekly training session out at Speers pt or just do 2 sessions at their home ground.

They are asking parents because some made comments last year about it being a hassle going all the way out there.

Any parents who cant be bothered going through the 'hassle' should remove their kids from the program because how the hell are the kids ever going to be motivated to go th er extra step when they are surrounded by people willing to take the easy option.

Now if your home facilities are better than Speers pt, then I can understand it. But this club def ain't in that boat.

Add to that the kids are paying for the facility regardless, and that's where the NNSW coaches are to observe the coaches and improve both them and the players.

Def comes across as a short sighted option.

Talking to a parent from another SAP team the other day.
    Their club is canvassing whether to utilise the 2nd weekly training session out at Speers pt or just do 2 sessions at their home ground.

They are asking parents because some made comments last year about it being a hassle going all the way out there.

Any parents who cant be bothered going through the 'hassle' should remove their kids from the program because how the hell are the kids ever going to be motivated to go th er extra step when they are surrounded by people willing to take the easy option.

Now if your home facilities are better than Speers pt, then I can understand it. But this club def ain't in that boat.

Add to that the kids are paying for the facility regardless, and that's where the NNSW coaches are to observe the coaches and improve both them and the players.

Def comes across as a short sighted option.
    Is it a requirement of the SAP licence that they use the Speers Point Facility so NNSW coaches can observe?

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Is it a requirement of the SAP licence that they use the Speers Point Facility so NNSW coaches can observe?
    I assumed it was, but arent sure.
    One club bailed on the facility last year, not sure of the exact reason.

Personally, I thought the kids trained much better out there. Smaller spaces, perfect fields, the ball was always in play.
    Plus the NNSW coaches were super active in stepping in on sessions.
    Just hope some of these club coaches dont now think they know everything and dont want to be told how to coach.

I assumed it was, but arent sure.
    One club bailed on the facility last year, not sure of the exact reason.

Personally, I thought the kids trained much better out there. Smaller spaces, perfect fields, the ball was always in play.
    Plus the NNSW coaches were super active in stepping in on sessions.
    Just hope some of these club coaches dont now think they know everything and dont want to be told how to coach.
    Definitely not a requirement to attend LMRFF, it's only an option for teams

Apparently training at the facility will be fortnightly this season due to the inclusion of Under 10 SAP and minimal space for weekly sessions?

Quote Originally Posted by football_macigian23 View Post
    Definitely not a requirement to attend LMRFF, it's only an option for teams

Apparently training at the facility will be fortnightly this season due to the inclusion of Under 10 SAP and minimal space for weekly sessions?
    (Assuming you're involved with a SAP team), did your team enjoy/benefit from using the facility out there?

Interesting about the fortnightly change. Granted there are twice as many teams this year (9 and 10) but last year on Plague Jnrs training day there were 4 teams using the courts and every other one was empty.
    Would have thought they could easily accommodate everyone.

Banned
    I know of one team that probably wont due to their dropping off early last year as well

How did it work out at Mac last year? Did the team coach do the "drills" and nnsw coaches oversee? Would the U9's coaches benefit from having the NNSW coaches assisting?

I do know that the clubs TD has a big say on how everything operates.

I also think NF will be involved with some teams this year. Combo of NF and NNSW processes. Im confused as well.

Hey man if I had trouble reading and comprehending people's posts then I'd probably come to the same stupid conclusion.
    So good job good effort there guy.
    Quite clearly, you do which you've proven to us multiple times on this thread alone

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    How did it work out at Mac last year? Did the team coach do the "drills" and nnsw coaches oversee? Would the U9's coaches benefit from having the NNSW coaches assisting?
    Yeah exactly.
    I thought the NNSW coaches were really good, and also very approachable.

They were also pretty adamant on how the drills and sessions were supposed to be run.

You could def see some of the teams coaches react differently to being told what to do.

Personally I thought the kids responded well to the NNSW coaches, and hope they remain as involved next year.

So the under 10 SAP program boys will be playing games against 3 different girls teams this season inc Jets youth girls.

Anyone know what age these girls teams are? Because without being completely sexist you'd Imagine they would need to be at least a couple years older in order for it to be competitive.

It will be good if the NNSW coaches stay involved. It will help keep the focus on development in case some coaches get drawn into result hunting

The girls teams playing against U/10 boys are the following:
    *Emerging Jets Girls.
    *NNSWF Newcastle SAP girls.
    *Macquarie Football girls.

Does anyone know what ages these kids are. Im not hating on the idea, it will just be interesting to hear the reasoning behind it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    It will be good if the NNSW coaches stay involved. It will help keep the focus on development in case some coaches get drawn into result hunting
    This has been the interesting change since last year.
    Instead of one of the weekly sessions being at the Speers Pt facility, its now only every 2 weeks.
    So there is (at the moment) less exposure to the NNSW coaches.
    Only thought is that since there are double the amount of kids this year (under 9's entering the program) they dont have space for every team every week.

but

the couple of times Plague Jnrs team has trained out there they have been the only club out there. They take up 4 courts per club, so all the rest were empty. Plenty of space for more teams. Not sure if its a scheduling thing, or if clubs just arent bothering to go out there.

We will def reassess next season if our club isnt utilising the facility or getting the extra benefit of NNSW coaches. Its a lot of money to pay to just train twice a week at the local ground in front of normal coaches.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

So the under 10 SAP program boys will be playing games against 3 different girls teams this season inc Jets youth girls.

Anyone know what age these girls teams are? Because without being completely sexist you'd Imagine they would need to be at least a couple years older in order for it to be competitive.
    There's not a lot of difference athletically between boys and girls at ten years of age. The main advantage the boys have would be opportunity - training, more football / experience. But athletically there's never been much in it - the best girls would still make boys finals at state level in sprinting, high jump, middle distance, discuss, shot... and so on.

There’s Newcastle/Hunter/Macquarie girls teams in the 9’s draw too. We’ve got a couple of girls in our Wallsend SAP 9’s so it’s great to give the girls a pathway to our WPL teams & getting to play against the strongest kids their age in the region

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    We’ve got a couple of girls in our Wallsend SAP 9’s so it’s great to give the girls a pathway to our WPL teams & getting to play against the strongest kids their age in the region
    yeah just to be crystal clear, im not against the idea, just genuinely curious.
    Id imagine Jets wouldnt have U/10 girls teams would they, so was just wondering if they were going to be 11 or 12 year olds.

Our club has girls SAP teams as well. Agree its great. Just hoping they get the balance right.

Can only imagine there will be some parents out there with some real strong opinions on this.
    Seems like I am WRONG