Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Football

Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    “This process will include broad community consultation. Key AFL, cricket, rugby union, netball, athletics, croquet and football stakeholders will all be consulted.”

oh im absolutely positive that all of these groups will be able to come up with a fair and balanced resolution.

by the way is council building this before or after the spanish steps in hunter street mall?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Not sure where else to put this

What are everyone's thoughts on 14-16NPL coaches requiring to have the C Senior License instead of Youth?

Senior is focused on winning games and setting up your team from week to week depending on the opposition

Something the NPL does not encourage?

Quote Originally Posted by football_macigian23 View Post
    Not sure where else to put this

What are everyone's thoughts on 14-16NPL coaches requiring to have the C Senior License instead of Youth?

Senior is focused on winning games and setting up your team from week to week depending on the opposition

Something the NPL does not encourage?

It fits with FFA's model where u/14 is part of the game training phase, shape and structure rather than skill development. 9-13 is skill acquisition phase which is the youth component of the C Licence.

It's a big commitment for the coaches but the courses are well worth it. If we're serious about improving the standard then it's a must to do these courses so the kids get the benefit of educated coaches.

The issue for the coaches is the $ don't yet match the commitment and hours required to coach at this level.

Would you consider NPL, even at youth level, grass roots?

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I'm not sure, what does grass roots even mean? NPL youth is not a bad level. Jobe Wheelhouse has a team in Spain and drew 2-2 with Atletico Madrid under 13's. That's a very impressive result. This is a select team which would probably be top 4-6 in their local NPL under 13 age group.

I call grass roots your kids who are just having a run in a non-elite team. Your standard mini-Roos and junior football.

Personally, once you move into development squads and elite programs, I don’t think it’s grass roots anymore.

I think for the various federations though, these youth NPL are grass roots and everything else below it doesn’t exist, or just isn’t important.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Onehunglow View Post
    I'm not sure, what does grass roots even mean? NPL youth is not a bad level. Jobe Wheelhouse has a team in Spain and drew 2-2 with Atletico Madrid under 13's. That's a very impressive result. This is a select team which would probably be top 4-6 in their local NPL under 13 age group.
    Impressive result??

Where those Spanish kids actually improve is between the ages of 15/20

That where they have it over us

They progress rapidly where as our kids stagnate at that age

Plus I couldn't give two ****s about some result in a match like this

You have any idea on the strength of the opposition??

Impressive result??

Where those Spanish kids actually improve is between the ages of 15/20

That where they have it over us

They progress rapidly where as our kids stagnate at that age

Plus I couldn't give two ****s about some result in a match like this

You have any idea on the strength of the opposition??
    Spanish football is light years ahead of Australian football at every age. Don't give me that crap about late development.

The opposition was Athletico Madrids Under 13's, after that result they sent in a stronger group and the Newcastle boys beat them 4-1.

I've toured Europe with Newastle youth players before and we generally don't get anywhere near the kids in the same age, so yes it is an impressive result.

If you don't give a shit then don't comment.

Grassroots = cashcow

Kids today are shit athletes. They are slow and have **** all endurance due to the Nintendo / Xbox / Playstation effect of sitting on their arses too much. Not an opinion either - it's easily backed up if you look at records from district, state, zone, and club level - many of which still stand from the early 1970's.
    In the 60's and 70's, even the 80's kids walked, ran, skated, or rode bikes everywhere. We played football, cricket, basketball, hockey, tennis, you name it... every day with our friends - rain hail or shine, during and after school. If it wasn't an official organised match we organised it ourselves.

This is the problem. Everyone is expecting these cash whore elite programs to make silk purses out of sows ears.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 01-10-2017 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    it's easily backed up if you look at records from district, state, zone, and club level - many of which still stand from the early 1970's.
    yeah but all the kids were on steroids back then.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    grassroots is not any youth rep

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Kids today are shit athletes. They are slow and have **** all endurance due to the Nintendo / Xbox / Playstation effect of sitting on their arses too much. Not an opinion either - it's easily backed up if you look at records from district, state, zone, and club level - many of which still stand from the early 1970's.
    In the 60's and 70's, even the 80's kids walked, ran, skated, or rode bikes everywhere. We played football, cricket, basketball, hockey, tennis, you name it... every day with our friends - rain hail or shine, during and after school. If it wasn't an official organised match we organised it ourselves.
    spot on. All that outdoor sh1t honed many skills at earlier ages.

Pity the game of football didnt evolve here to suit the skills sets of the day. Aus could have been stronger much earlier

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    grassroots is not any youth rep
    That’s my take on it, but so many people consider grass roots to be youth at the elite level, not sure what you call kids who just play.

The real grass roots is being shit on by the push to get as many kids as physically possible into an elite program. The elite is no longe elite, it’s a talent diluted cash cow.

It is rather ironic David Gallop used the word pyramid recently to describe FFA's marketing approach.

It is more apt to use the word pyramid to describe the way the game is funded. Just you watch the costs go through the roof if the Socceroos fail to qualify for the world cup. Gotta make up the shortfall somehow and who better to start with than the kids and there my kids the next star parents.

Did anyone else see that Blacktown City are charging $1,500 (includes kit ) for PreSAP program, Under 5-6?

Seriously a joke now..

Did anyone else see that Blacktown City are charging $1,500 (includes kit ) for PreSAP program, Under 5-6?

Seriously a joke now..

Would not surprise. I can recall being told back in 2013 what they were charging for Jnr rego . Made the $ 600-700 some clubs up here were charging inc kit look very benevolent.

Banned

Seriously a joke now..
    Got to pay the first grade squads after all

How else these blokes going to get the big money playing football in a state league getting crowds of 500 /1000 a game??

Seriously a joke now..
    SAP program (8's upwards) was supposed to be in that range according to our club but they are working on getting it to around half that price.
    2 training sessions per week, 30 games a season, $700 would be on par compared to what you get for basic kickaround rego.

but yeah, $1500 is bad.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    SAP program (8's upwards) was supposed to be in that range according to our club but they are working on getting it to around half that price.
    2 training sessions per week, 30 games a season, $700 would be on par compared to what you get for basic kickaround rego.

but yeah, $1500 is bad.
    So where the money going at your club Plague??

I taking it they not a NPL club??

Who is actually pocketing this cash??