Page 12 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Football

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Incorrect. The game was a basket case before lowy, no 2nd div, not paytv, no interest from 98% of the country. It was a lot cheaper because there was nothing to pay for.
    And we scraped a decent national team together despite the non existence of skills set pathways. Thank god for determined parents.
    Lowy put the national competition on the map. Sure it isnt near where we'd like it but but a great job to get started. And did your team get a word changed in their name? oh no Tsunami stuff. Now take a tissue MFKleenex.
    The game is just as much if not more of a basketcase now Lowy has had his go as it was before he came on the scene

It just costs a shitload more

The game in the 90s and 00s no doubt had issues but to claim it was any more disfunctional than it is now is having a laugh

1 positive Lowy delivered was getting us in to the AFC
    The rest of his so called achievements are negligible really

As for us scraping a decent NT together we done this because of a national league set up that actually encouraged clubs to develop players because doing so gave them the opportunity to get a pay day plus we had the AIS and a National Yoof league

The peabrains under Lowy have eroded this for a bunch of Dutch Mango Suckers to get a pay cheque with no performance KPIs in their role

You want to see how out of touch the dumb ****s are

The last few days they comissioned into action a surcey on the NCIP

If these dumb ****s need to pay consulatants to find out what needs doing then they needto go

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Overpopulated pathways with no other motive than to raise money. You can't find a good kid now with potential because he or she is lost in a crowd of average revenue raisers.
    Overpopulated, yep, better than being under like it used to be.
    Raise money - definitely overpriced
    You wont find too many good kids with potential because most are now wrapped up in this new scheme. And yes some will fall off, burn out, not improve as they thought or be surpassed by others next year who missed trials or skilled up else where.

It isnt the be all but it is casting a wide net and is getting more kids to acquire far more core skills at a younger age then Ive ever seen.

Mind you we had U8 reps in the late 70's and we were picked on speed, agility, aggression, positioning, vision. Put a kid sideways into a fence and you're in. First touch was a myth.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Overpopulated pathways with no other motive than to raise money. You can't find a good kid now with potential because he or she is lost in a crowd of average revenue raisers.
    As long as the kids whose parents have money are getting a run it won't be a problem. If kids were actually selected on merit the system would collapse when the cashed up parents gathered with pitchforks and torches.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    The game is just as much if not more of a basketcase now Lowy has had his go as it was before he came on the scene

It just costs a shitload more

The game in the 90s and 00s no doubt had issues but to claim it was any more disfunctional than it is now is having a laugh

1 positive Lowy delivered was getting us in to the AFC
    The rest of his so called achievements are negligible really

As for us scraping a decent NT together we done this because of a national league set up that actually encouraged clubs to develop players because doing so gave them the opportunity to get a pay day plus we had the AIS and a National Yoof league

The peabrains under Lowy have eroded this for a bunch of Dutch Mango Suckers to get a pay cheque with no performance KPIs in their role

You want to see how out of touch the dumb ****s are

The last few days they comissioned into action a surcey on the NCIP

If these dumb ****s need to pay consulatants to find out what needs doing then they needto go
    Nah. The NT was in spite of the NSL.

The organisation of HAL has just come crashing into a dribbling mess without Lowy. Now there is more infighting, new franchises trying to buy or hack their way in. Of course Lowy didnt have it all but had more than anything before and now after.

Back to grassroots.
    All Magic SAP teams are currently having Saturday gym training sessions, core strengthening, physio work, Beep test, hot cold water treatment on Saturdays.
    Last edited by Negative Police; 17-11-2018 at 03:49 PM.

Back to grassroots.
    All Magic SAP teams are currently having Saturday gym training sessions, core strengthening, physio work, Beep test, hot cold water treatment on Saturdays.
    What ages? 9 and 10 year olds?
    Cant be true.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Cant be true.
    What the **** do you need gym sessions for at that age ??

Kids wouldnt need the muscle mass with their bodies still growing

Surely a piss take rumour??

Banned
    Cant be true.
    Yep. True. Ive talked to some players/parents. They are very serious about it all. Even surprised some parents. Interesting.

The gym sessions for younger kids include pushups, chinups, bridges, lunges, to name a few. Swim rehab sessions on Monday for some. Not sure about small weights.
    Last edited by Negative Police; 17-11-2018 at 06:52 PM.

Banned
    Yep. True. Ive talked to some players/parents. They are very serious about it all. Even surprised some parents. Interesting.

The gym sessions for younger kids include pushups, chinups, bridges, lunges, to name a few. Swim rehab sessions on Monday for some. Not sure about small weights.
    Should kids at that age not be naturally active enough or is the world ****ed up that much these days that 9/10 year old kids aint fit enough to run around an oval for an hour and a bit??

Not since Spencer Prior came on the Foz have i been so sucked in by a thread.
    i aint calling you a liar, and im dam sure Magic 'would' be like that.
    but legit though. this cant be real life.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Should kids at that age not be naturally active enough or is the world ****ed up that much these days that 9/10 year old kids aint fit enough to run around an oval for an hour and a bit??
    For sure. Incidental fitness at this age. I think focusing on positioning, vision should be enough on top of all the core ball control skills and fending stuff.

But when one feels the need to be as professional as possible this happens i guess. See how results go

Banned
    Not since Spencer Prior came on the Foz have i been so sucked in by a thread.
    i aint calling you a liar, and im dam sure Magic 'would' be like that.
    but legit though. this cant be real life.
    Most stuff on here is opinion or here say but get with the times mate.

I know a Junior Jets coach has come to Magic juniors this year. Seems to be a bit a swapsy going on between the 2 clubs. Maybe Magic are Jets feeder.

Most stuff on here is opinion or here say but get with the times mate.
    oh for sure.
    you could have told me Magic had U/9's running sand hills til they vominted and i would not 'not' believe you.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

9 and 10 year olds should be learning how to take a good first touch and pass/strike the ball with accuracy. Most of our A League players can't manage it so maybe we should start there. Let's master the basic skills, as our Asian neighbours are doing. Bigger, stronger, faster doesn't work anymore. Look at our National Youth teams and their results.
    You want your 9 and 1o year old to be fit: put away the screen and get them on their bikes etc. Join a swim club in the off season: best exercise building upper body and lung capacity.
    Ice baths, gym sessions....what BS.

What the **** do you need gym sessions for at that age ??

Kids wouldnt need the muscle mass with their bodies still growing

Surely a piss take rumour??
    Hope so, otherwise it is doing future damage to the children's physical development.

Not sure bodyweight exercises such as those mentioned really count as gym sessions... maybe they do it in a gym.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    9 and 10 year olds should be learning how to take a good first touch and pass/strike the ball with accuracy. Most of our A League players can't manage it so maybe we should start there. Let's master the basic skills, as our Asian neighbours are doing. Bigger, stronger, faster doesn't work anymore. Look at our National Youth teams and their results.
    You want your 9 and 1o year old to be fit: put away the screen and get them on their bikes etc. Join a swim club in the off season: best exercise building upper body and lung capacity.
    Ice baths, gym sessions....what BS.
    Why is it always about the ball mastery though

Watching the Socceroos game last night it was evident that some little things the Koreans were doing that we dont do

Anticipation - There were times there were the Koreans would just flood areas of the park and get numbers arounnd the ball knowing they were odds on to pickup possession

These guys were actually doing it instinctively before the ball was played there

Contrast this with our guys who wait to the ball is there then react

Urgency- The amount of times a Korean woulkd come from the clouds to sace his team was phenomenal. When we looked like we had them in trouble someone jumped im to save their arse

Contrast that with Sainsburys effort for the goal and the complete lkack of assistance from his teammates

These aint skills with ball skills but these are football smarts

And it is high time we started teaching them

It blows my mind that we focus on trying to create The Aussie Messi yet we could easily get ourselves 6 Aussie Maldinis as defending doesnt require ball mastery but different skill sets and abes a result of oyr Aussie Maldinis be a much better side as we can actually ****ing defend fpr a change

We have played 10 games in the last 4 World Cups and we havent once kept a ****ing clean sheet nor have we ever looked capable of doing so

Why is it always about the ball mastery though

Watching the Socceroos game last night it was evident that some little things the Koreans were doing that we dont do

Anticipation - There were times there were the Koreans would just flood areas of the park and get numbers arounnd the ball knowing they were odds on to pickup possession

These guys were actually doing it instinctively before the ball was played there

Contrast this with our guys who wait to the ball is there then react

Urgency- The amount of times a Korean woulkd come from the clouds to sace his team was phenomenal. When we looked like we had them in trouble someone jumped im to save their arse

Contrast that with Sainsburys effort for the goal and the complete lkack of assistance from his teammates

These aint skills with ball skills but these are football smarts

And it is high time we started teaching them

It blows my mind that we focus on trying to create The Aussie Messi yet we could easily get ourselves 6 Aussie Maldinis as defending doesnt require ball mastery but different skill sets and abes a result of oyr Aussie Maldinis be a much better side as we can actually ****ing defend fpr a change

We have played 10 games in the last 4 World Cups and we havent once kept a ****ing clean sheet nor have we ever looked capable of doing so
    because football starts with the ability to be comfortable and confident with the ball.
    all the other stuff can be taught as games become more important.

but if kids get to 15/16 and still cant use both feet then they are in all sorts anyway.

which brings up some fond memories.
    a couple of the better kids at that age are really good dribblers, but so one footed its not funny. yet every time they score with poor technique a lot of coaches are too busy celebrating to point out the flaw.

there was one coach i noticed who continually instructed (and applauded) his strikers to hit with the weaker foot when it warranted. 90% of the time the shot was ineffective, and prob on a lot of occasions the kid could have gone around onto his better foot to score.
    but if he can get that kid using 2 strong feet by the time hes 12, then he'll be light years ahead of all these "talented" kids scoring more goals today.

it def stood out as a coach making the kids better over results at age 9.
    Seems like I am WRONG

but isnt that just the way football is played now, with full park pressing, just like Barca made 'famous'....which of course was from the Dutch system that you hate so much.
    Seems like I am WRONG

because football starts with the ability to be comfortable and confident with the ball.
    all the other stuff can be taught as games become more important.

but if kids get to 15/16 and still cant use both feet then they are in all sorts anyway.

which brings up some fond memories.
    a couple of the better kids at that age are really good dribblers, but so one footed its not funny. yet every time they score with poor technique a lot of coaches are too busy celebrating to point out the flaw.

there was one coach i noticed who continually instructed (and applauded) his strikers to hit with the weaker foot when it warranted. 90% of the time the shot was ineffective, and prob on a lot of occasions the kid could have gone around onto his better foot to score.
    but if he can get that kid using 2 strong feet by the time hes 12, then he'll be light years ahead of all these "talented" kids scoring more goals today.

it def stood out as a coach making the kids better over results at age 9.
    Agree whole heartedly.

Way too many junior coaches go for victory over improvement. I don't care if the side I coach win or lose, as long as they improve as players. Leave winning as priority number one to senior teams. Anything under 16 should be about mastering the ball and learning the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Agree whole heartedly.

Way too many junior coaches go for victory over improvement. I don't care if the side I coach win or lose, as long as they improve as players. Leave winning as priority number one to senior teams. Anything under 16 should be about mastering the ball and learning the game.
    So as a coach. Can you tell me why so many clubs, including my son's didn't rotate positions when the overview provided by NNSW was that all kids would rotate to learn positions? I'm assuming you were a SAP coach
    Was this just NNSW not having the commitment to enforce their policy as clubs just ignored it?

I'm being mindful that most of us needed to stay in position to compete with some clubs too. But others just did it to drive teams into the dust.
    Total waste of the program directive