Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast

Thread: Grassroots Football

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    This is a tough question, if you think about it there have been some exceptionally good players out there that can't play out of position to save their lives. It is already evident even at Aegon Jr's age that some boys are restricted to where they can play, some kids already have an amazing engine, good technical range, strong tacklers/on the ball. These same players may have some glaring weaknesses in other areas though. Do you evaluate the kids based on overall ability or judge them based on their ability/potential in specific positions or roles?

Tough decisions already. Glad I don't have to make them.
    Pretty confident that if split into A & B the A teams will be position specific so they can be at strongest level.

I'd also back that some clubs will have both teams in the B section, some both in A and some split.

Stiil not sure if criteria is results based or if clubs suggest their allocation for each team.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    The NNSW guys are there most weekends watching the kids play, they would have a pretty good idea of which teams are 'better'.
    I cant see them splitting clubs through. If you have a team good enough to be in the A group, then both teams are going there. Even the B teams at the best clubs are good enough to at least compete with the A teams. It may even mean the clubs rejigg their teams to even them back out seeing as though they are now going to be getting really strong competition every week.
    That'll be hard on a club like Lake Macquarie. Their 9's have one exceptionally good team and one very weak team. I am not 100% positive but I think one team has won every game while the other has lost nearly every game.

That'll be hard on a club like Lake Macquarie. Their 9's have one exceptionally good team and one very weak team. I am not 100% positive but I think one team has won every game while the other has lost nearly every game.
    Sorry thats my bad i didnt know they were talking about splitting the 9's as well. I had only heard the 10's.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Sorry thats my bad i didnt know they were talking about splitting the 9's as well. I had only heard the 10's.
    Definitely not 100%. Just what we were told when they only released half the draw.

Banned
    The NNSW guys are there most weekends watching the kids play, they would have a pretty good idea of which teams are 'better'.
    I cant see them splitting clubs through. If you have a team good enough to be in the A group, then both teams are going there. Even the B teams at the best clubs are good enough to at least compete with the A teams. It may even mean the clubs rejigg their teams to even them back out seeing as though they are now going to be getting really strong competition every week.
    No **** that

I might be on beer 15 today but I gonna call you on that

The NNSW guys are the weakest out there

FFS the last Australian NT player they produced was either Middleby or Zane FFS.

They have little credibility really in the grand scheme of things

No **** that

FFS the last Australian NT player they produced was either Middleby or Zane FFS.

I totally agree.
    I try not to post unsolicited things on here so I asked our coaches and another 2 friends who also coach.
    They are rarely around and don't talk to the coaches much either.

One coach did comment. (in his opinion) they see one kid do one good thing and then assume he is a good player and have no interest in understand the full scope of teams and consistant ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    I totally agree.
    I try not to post unsolicited things on here so I asked our coaches and another 2 friends who also coach.
    They are rarely around and don't talk to the coaches much either.

One coach did comment. (in his opinion) they see one kid do one good thing and then assume he is a good player and have no interest in understand the full scope of teams and consistant ability.
    I've been at Speers point nearly every weekend and i wouldn't be able to tell you if a single northern rep has been wandering the grounds. If they do, they must do it incognito.

No **** that

its almost as if they realise that and are introducing a new program to try and make the youth system better.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

No **** that

NNSWF is the worst fed in the country, they wouldn't know their elbow from their ar$ehole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    It's was criticism because the discussion was about rego cost and you stated ours is higher than yours

Banned
    its almost as if they realise that and are introducing a new program to try and make the youth system better.
    Correct. The foremost plan is to get a better youth program in place. They are doing a better job at that.

Scouting for talent on the other hand, id like to see that.

I'd rlike to see our jets youths in the Sydney comp.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Correct. The foremost plan is to get a better youth program in place. They are doing a better job at that.

Scouting for talent on the other hand, id like to see that.

I'd rlike to see our jets youths in the Sydney comp.
    Should have put in to go when they restructured the NSW NPL to include Blue Aids Yoof and Red Aids Yoof into the set up but we didn't

Hopefully they might make this decision when the new SW Sydney franchise Yoof get fast tracked into it

For the SAP 9's and 10's. Does anyone have any idea when the second half of the draw will be released? Seems a farce that the current draw is only relevant for another 11 days.

7th of July it should be released by according to the current draw

Our club stull hasnt had any communications from NNSW either.
    Frustrating.

Also, looks like Sth Cardiff is in SAP this year with U/9's. Interesting as they didn't have teams last year.

Wonder if NNSW is opening it up to new clubs knowing that some clubs dont have the quality to provide 2 teams.

Our club stull hasnt had any communications from NNSW either.
    Frustrating.

Also, looks like Sth Cardiff is in SAP this year with U/9's. Interesting as they didn't have teams last year.

Wonder if NNSW is opening it up to new clubs knowing that some clubs dont have the quality to provide 2 teams.
    South Cardiff are paired with Wallsend in the draw who both have one team. Adamstown and Singleton also dropped down to one team as well.
    It begs the questions, will Wallsend and South Cardiff ever play each other? I don't think so.

From what I understand, several NL1 clubs last year were issued SAP licenses and didn't field a team. Since they didn't use them again this year I think they will forfeit those licenses?

I can't understand why clubs like Cooks Hill, Belswans, West Wallsend, etc aren't battling to field a team. They would be in a much better position at U13's to retain players they have already been training for a few years.

South Cardiff are paired with Wallsend in the draw who both have one team. Adamstown and Singleton also dropped down to one team as well.
    It begs the questions, will Wallsend and South Cardiff ever play each other? I don't think so.

From what I understand, several NL1 clubs last year were issued SAP licenses and didn't field a team. Since they didn't use them again this year I think they will forfeit those licenses?

I can't understand why clubs like Cooks Hill, Belswans, West Wallsend, etc aren't battling to field a team. They would be in a much better position at U13's to retain players they have already been training for a few years.
    Yeah Cooks Hill always had good teams and good numbers in mini roos. I heard a few of them ended up at Magic SAP because they had nowhere to go.

Yeah Cooks Hill always had good teams and good numbers in mini roos. I heard a few of them ended up at Magic SAP because they had nowhere to go.
    Exactly, 2 friends of ours had/have kids at Cooks Hill.

One started in U9 SAP for Hamilton this season, the other will be trialling at Magic, Jaffas, Olympic, etc next season after this years U12 comp finishes. Not one person from cooks hill has chatted to this lad about playing U13's NL1 next year.

There isn't enough focus on developing and retaining kids prior to U13's for some clubs.

Exactly, 2 friends of ours had/have kids at Cooks Hill.

One started in U9 SAP for Hamilton this season, the other will be trialling at Magic, Jaffas, Olympic, etc next season after this years U12 comp finishes. Not one person from cooks hill has chatted to this lad about playing U13's NL1 next year.

There isn't enough focus on developing and retaining kids prior to U13's for some clubs.
    Yeah ive got a lot of sympathy for a lot of the clubs trying to get the best out of each individual kid. Cooks Hill always looked like they had soooo much going on in different areas and not enough help to cross every 't' and dot every 'i'. Thats not a knock on the club, because i dont know how any of them get it done.
    Plague Jnrs club put it on the Mini Roos coaches to suggest to the players to try out. Plague Jnr was told by his coach in 8's that he should attend the trial and he did. But so did a lot of other kids (from his club and others), so the club did a good job getting the word out. At the same time Kahibah, with good numbers in miniroos, couldnt get anyone to even trial with them, let alone fill 2 squads. The only thing id suggest to your friends is they be a bit more proactive and ask the club people how little Johnny goes about trialling for 13's next year.
    even at the biggest and best run clubs the lines of communication can break down pretty easily due to the sheer size of the job. they shouldnt take it as a knock that no one has spoken to them, they should take it as an opportunity to help the club get the best kids into these teams.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Yeah ive got a lot of sympathy for a lot of the clubs trying to get the best out of each individual kid. Cooks Hill always looked like they had soooo much going on in different areas and not enough help to cross every 't' and dot every 'i'. Thats not a knock on the club, because i dont know how any of them get it done.
    Plague Jnrs club put it on the Mini Roos coaches to suggest to the players to try out. Plague Jnr was told by his coach in 8's that he should attend the trial and he did. But so did a lot of other kids (from his club and others), so the club did a good job getting the word out. At the same time Kahibah, with good numbers in miniroos, couldnt get anyone to even trial with them, let alone fill 2 squads. The only thing id suggest to your friends is they be a bit more proactive and ask the club people how little Johnny goes about trialling for 13's next year.
    even at the biggest and best run clubs the lines of communication can break down pretty easily due to the sheer size of the job. they shouldnt take it as a knock that no one has spoken to them, they should take it as an opportunity to help the club get the best kids into these teams.
    I know the 2 trials Aegon Jr attended had 50 or 60+ kids in attendance. Some (NPL) clubs were well behind the 8 ball though and undertook trials in October/November and struggled to get 10-15 kids to show up.

One of the biggest difficulties I encountered was the lack of comms from clubs and association. If you didn't follow the clubs facebook pages you'd probably miss the trials altogether. I only knew about the program after being told by friends who's kids went through the old SAP programs that Aegon Jr should go for trials if he was good enough.

Where did you hear about this with regards Kahibah?. It's completely incorrect.