Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Why Rugby League is crap

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Not really? Have you watched NRL lately? plenty of big blokes and small quick blokes
    Small is relative Stanny. Yeah they look small on telly next to the forwards, but they ain't small.

For reference, google tells me Luka Modric weights 66kg. Kalyn Ponga weighs 92kg.
    Last edited by Macca; 04-04-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Not really? Have you watched NRL lately? plenty of big blokes and small quick blokes
    Blokes like Eric Grothe [The Guru] or Noel Cleal [Crusher] were a big deal in their day because they were relatively big men with a lot of pace.

Today, blokes their size that are fast are a dime a dozen. Not only that today's players have a lot less body fat so todays 100kg player is a machine in comparison to those of 30 years or more ago.

its like when people talk about basketball and how 'little guys' like Steph Curry are running the league.

Steph Curry is 6'3"
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Its certainly Knights week at the Herald and NBN. They are soooo Jets.

With all the doom and gloom they still have room to interview one of the last Nannas.

Boofhead NRL player gets 10 in the bin, boofhead fan takes a swing at him on the way off.

Boofhead commentators have a giggle about the bloke 'having a few too many" then they laugh on camera to each other.

all good fun huh?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Boofhead NRL player gets 10 in the bin, boofhead fan takes a swing at him on the way off.

Boofhead commentators have a giggle about the bloke 'having a few too many" then they laugh on camera to each other.

all good fun huh?
    To be fair, he stuck his phone through and filmed himself mouthing off at Chambers, it wasn't that bad. He never took a swing, that was just some everyday media beat up. And now the league has come out and told Manly to fix the security issue or they'll lose home finals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

NRL managed to monumentally cock up the entire grand final and can't even blame it on VAR. Good to see it happens to everyone at least.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    NRL managed to monumentally cock up the entire grand final and can't even blame it on VAR. Good to see it happens to everyone at least.
    you talking about them signing One Republic to play?
    Seems like I am WRONG

canberra so angry they set fire to the trains...

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sto...ning/?cs=14225

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post

Deliberately lit too. FMD some humans are pieces of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post

Must be some wanderers fans living down there
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Don't really no what everyone is whining about

Reality is Canberra had more than enough opportunity to win that game

They just were not good enough to do so

Can focus on some BS calls going against them all you want but sport is about taking your opportunities when they come

Canberra didn't Roosters did

That the biggest problem with the sportsmedia these days

Always trying to find some ****ing refereeing conspiracy in all results

Nothing new - even 30 years ago a ref was dodgy if the penalty count wasn't even.

I watched the game, and note I only ever watch some SoO and maybe a final each year.

My view is in a game which was pretty difficult for either side to break thru the other, it has to be said that Canberra did not do well in the play following the #6again call and Roosters went thru relatively easily. It wasn't like that one call led directly to a try, there was still an entire set of play they had the chance to defend plus a breather break at the start of it to recover. But if I were Canberra I would feel really robbed there by that call. In a world where we are taught to play to the whistle, I don't see it fair for a signal to be given and then overturned without a whistle announcing this. It's not like the game is beautiful and free-flowing in basically any way, so my opinion is if you want to change a signalled call you should have to whistle the play to correct this. The Canberra guy went down far too easily and without a fight which proves he genuinely believed he had more tackles ahead of him. In a game with so few chances it isn't unreasonable to say that set of 6 Canberra were expecting to be given could have been huge.

I also see a lot of people complaining about the instance where the ball hit the trainer, I don't know enough about the game but if there isn't a review into why randoms are running the field while the game is still active I will be very surprised. If you want treatment, go off the field. If you can't get off the field, play needs to be stopped.

But on the game in general.. in my very uneducated opinion I felt Canberra really lost out when they had the extra man but never seemed to really try and exploit this. I would think you would try and spread the game and get 2 on 1 situations as much as possible in this scenario but I didn't really sense any conviction from Canberra to spray the ball during Tara Rushton's partners sendoff.

I also would like to point out that as a football fan, I get a lot of grief from Rugby League supporters about how footballers abuse refs and feign injury and it never happens in the NRL. I saw a lot of instances to argue that it happens in the NRL from that game to say that the issues are not isolated to just football, and I would like the record to show that. Lots of discussions and arguments with the refs, including the Roosters captain stating "you can't send him off" as if it were a demand.. and also someone received a tackle around the neck and went down holding his cheek to try and promote the idea to the ref that it was a penalty (which it was called as so). I just can't watch that game, and I safely assume these instances happen each week and not just in the Grand Final, and accept that these issues are isolated to football only.

Overall it wasn't the worst game I have watched, but if I'm watching sports other than football then Rugby Union, AFL and Netball are very easily ahead in my enjoyment before NRL. If SoO and Grand Finals are the pinnacle games of the sport, I don't get enough fun out of watching these to make me want to watch NRL more than the other great options we have available.
    OK

NRL = Manic desperation.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    that V'landys really is a piece of shit isn't he?

in charge of horse racing when they stick electrodes up horses bums before slaughtering them - responds by trying to sue those reporting on him

in charge of the rugby league rape squad while theres a global pandemic - responds to chief medical officer who questions the timing of a restart by saying "we should start tomorrow"

really is the worst bloke - no wonder he's the head of rugby league

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    that V'landys really is a piece of shit isn't he?

in charge of horse racing when they stick electrodes up horses bums before slaughtering them - responds by trying to sue those reporting on him

in charge of the rugby league rape squad while theres a global pandemic - responds to chief medical officer who questions the timing of a restart by saying "we should start tomorrow"

really is the worst bloke - no wonder he's the head of rugby league

Only thing missing from V'Landys CV is invading Poland.

apparently V'Landys laid in bed for twenty years, spending his family's pittance on tobacco for himself, only to jump out of bed and start dancing the moment Charlie won a golden ticket to tour the chocolate factory

so these idiots want to get all the teams and support staff together and isolate them to re-start their season

so about 500 rapists and their enablers, locked away

why not just film prison riots and show it on the telly?

and do they think that these idiots all together aren't just going to get on the piss and go off raping women they find on tinder?

Let's be honest - this is about money and saving their competition - it's not for the players, not for the fans - it's for the NRL to get their TV money. Sounds like it could go belly up if it doesn't start soon.

The amount of pointless NRL "stories" coming through each day is ridiculous and looks like desperation just to keep relevant. Even the EPL has less stories! So far the other codes have kept fairly quiet, though rugger is under strain as well.
    Only one bloke on this foz constantly makes me laugh Plague and it ain't you - MFKS