Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014/2015 Pre-Season aka The Cevapi Tour

Has anyone got their card?

How are they gonna know who's a member?

More importantly how thick are the cards?

Who's mug will be on the cards? I reckon captain Kew

Quote Originally Posted by zorse View Post
    Griff

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by zorse View Post
    Being that this is the Jets odds on it will be Taggz Beard Goodwin Chapman or Zads

Same clowns currently running their online store which apparently has no stock available for purchase and has pictures of one bloke in Burns who hasn't played for us in 9 months and Taggz who has been gone for 3 months now.

Professional Club they are running at HSG when you can't buy a thing from their online store

I doubt I'll get mine til next week
    GA Member

Mudgee Kick-off is 4
    source gypo fb (please note that I do not condone going as low as going on that page but it was shared by Expand the A-League)

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Being that this is the Jets odds on it will be Taggz Beard Goodwin Chapman or Zads

Same clowns currently running their online store which apparently has no stock available for purchase and has pictures of one bloke in Burns who hasn't played for us in 9 months and Taggz who has been gone for 3 months now.

Professional Club they are running at HSG when you can't buy a thing from their online store
    Same clowns must be running Man U shop......BxJRfqMIIAAF9Ul.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    Mudgee Kick-off is 4
    source gypo fb (please note that I do not condone going as low as going on that page but it was shared by Expand the A-League)
    Gypos have a stream for the game to
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Gypos have a stream for the game to
    But they don't have Internet on the central coast...

But they don't have Internet on the central coast...
    More Nbn in gypo land than newie, I think

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    More Nbn in gypo land than newie, I think
    Partly true:
    Central Coast LGA has the 4th most homes available to access the NBN but the take up rate is currently less than 1% on account of the locals refusing to pay that sort of money to watch Ray Dinneen read the news.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Mudgee Kick-off is 4
    MFAW should be able to keep us updated on their fb updates.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    MFAW should be able to keep us updated on their fb updates.

Nice Work WLG

Banned
    JETS coach Phil Stubbins is poised to unleash a three-pronged strike force of Edson Montano, Jeronimo and Joel Griffiths in tomorrow’s pre-season friendly against Wellington at Magic Park.

Stubbins will finalise his 16-man squad after today’s final ball-work session but indicated new recruits Montano and Jeronimo and veteran Griffiths would be deployed up front, with Marcos Flores to make his first appearance for Newcastle off the bench, 10 months after the former Central Coast star had a knee reconstruction.

Griffiths and Montano both scored for Newcastle during the Townsville Cup tournament two weeks ago.

Stubbins said he was confident there would be more goals as his new-look team’s cohesion grew.

‘‘All the top teams in the A-League, they’ve got real competition at the pointy end,’’ he said.

‘‘The only way to be challenging those teams is to have depth and players competing for their positions.

‘‘Not everyone can be in the first team every week, but if you have an environment where everyone is pushing each other for selection, I think it augurs well for the season ahead.’’

Stubbins said Montano was ‘‘just starting to find his legs’’ but was hopeful the Ecuadorean international could ‘‘put on a show for the supporters’’ in tomorrow’s trial, which doubles as Newcastle’s members day.

‘‘He’s three weeks fit,’’ Stubbins said.

See your ad here

‘‘If you take into account everyone else has been training for 11 or 12 weeks, he’s got some catching up to do to get to the level we think he is capable of.

‘‘We’ll try to get as much as we can out of Montano in terms of minutes, and hopefully come round one he’s ready to go.’’

The coach was undecided about what position would best suit Jeronimo, who scored 16 goals in two seasons with Adelaide.

‘‘If we go with a 4-4-2, Jeronimo will probably fulfil one of those striker’s roles,’’ Stubbins said. ‘‘If it’s a 4-3-3, he’d play in a wide area, although he can also play behind the striker.

‘‘He’s a guy who comes with a bit of versatility to the range of positions he can play.’’

Stubbins said Newcastle still had a number of players unavailable because of injury, including centre back Adrian Madaschi, Mitch Cooper, Andrew Hoole and Billy Celeski.

Rookie defender Allan Welsh, who agreed yesterday to a one-year deal with Newcastle, is also out because he is moving from Adelaide.

Stubbins said tomorrow’s result would not be crucial, but he hoped to see improvement on Newcastle’s losses to Brisbane (4-0) and Sydney (4-2) in Townsville.

‘‘We had eight or nine of our squad missing in Townsville ... for us to get carried away with results at this point would be premature,’’ he said.

‘‘We’re still trying to build and get our injured players back to full fitness.

‘‘Until we get to that point, it’s a bit of a difficult position for us.’’
    Considering the trials are a chance to push for HAL selection surely the bloke should be doing the moving at a time that doesn't effect his chances of getting a game for the club??

Amatuer

Considering the trials are a chance to push for HAL selection surely the bloke should be doing the moving at a time that doesn't effect his chances of getting a game for the club??

Amatuer
    Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Whose to say Stubbins didn't say to him "go get yourself sorted, there's still some pre-season games to go". And besides, do we really expect he'll be pushing for a start?

No point in reading into essentially one line in an article. I get the feeling you're just looking for any chance to stick the knife in.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 12-09-2014 at 08:58 AM.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Geez - poor bugger might have wanted to go to Adelaide to get some things, arrange some moving transport, say goodbye to his mum and dad and feed his pussy...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Geez - poor bugger might have wanted to go to Adelaide to get some things, arrange some moving transport, say goodbye to his mum and dad and feed his pussy...
    Could have still done that Sunday

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Whose to say Stubbins didn't say to him "go get yourself sorted, there's still some pre-season games to go". And besides, do we really expect he'll be pushing for a start?

No point in reading into essentially one line in an article. I get the feeling you're just looking for any chance to stick the knife in.
    I don't need to look to stick the knife in most times and I ain't looking here.

I just find the professionalism this club deploys at times to be bizarre. I would expect all our players who are fit to be available for selection and not packing house 2000 miles away as this should be done when it doesn't effect season preparations. At present I have a degree of apathy towards our club that is building as I ain't seeing much I like that better days are coming. I actually feel we had a better squad and things looked rosier at the end of last season under InZane. So far our new coach has come in we have poleaxed the squad and removed 8-10 players and the new recruits ain't showing much signs of being any better at all.

Early days I know but our preparation has been piss poor and we stand to fail badly if things do not turn around

I tried to find the kickoff time for the match on Saturday but can't find the article. Any idea? I see gates are open between 2:00 and 6:00 so I'm assuming 3:00.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Just found it on members site - 4:00 kick off