Thread: Where is Robbie Middleby

Where is Robbie Middleby

Things like tonight only happen when there is no one at the wheel. I'm sorry Robbie, but you are the CEO. You are the man that is the custodian for the entire spirit of the club. That is not the Manager's position. The Manager is not responsible for a lot of things that supporters value. And I feel like he and the players are being made scapegoats.

The spirit of the club is paper thin. If you poke it you punch holes in it. That much is obvious from the way the players acted and the fans reacted tonight. Robbie, you are responsible. Where are you?

I have been in organisations where there is little money and it is a struggle to survive, but with a good CEO driving the vision, everyone still pulls together and the organisation is just as strong as one that is flush with cash.

It is time for you to decide if you are a real CEO or not. Take your position and face the people. If anyone is to be crucified by the crowd it should be the head of the organisation, but you are letting the manager and the players cop it. Stand up!
    Last edited by hausmann; 15-11-2014 at 12:07 AM.

Check his Twitter feed yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Can't find him on twitter, he's invisible there too.

Reading his twitter feed is beside the point though. You shouldn't have to go to Twitter to see what the CEO's opinion on things are. Or what he is doing to strengthen the spirit within the club and within the supporter base. He should be there, front and centre at most press conferences to field the questions and show his vision for the club. He has to come out from hiding behind his scripted press releases and show what this club means to him, if anything.

'snot Middleby running the club, it's Palmer. Middleby just plays Football Manager all day.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    'snot Middleby running the club, it's Palmer. Middleby just plays Football Manager all day.
    But Middleby has CEO as his title. He has to take responsibility for what is happening. If he is a yes-man to Palmer you can see exactly why the spirit of the club is paper thin, because there is no truth in the club until the opposition exposes it on the pitch. No truth in the CEO title or anything else. That is why Robbie has to decide if he actually deserves the title or not.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    Can't find him on twitter, he's invisible there too.

Reading his twitter feed is beside the point though. You shouldn't have to go to Twitter to see what the CEO's opinion on things are. Or what he is doing to strengthen the spirit within the club and within the supporter base. He should be there, front and centre at most press conferences to field the questions and show his vision for the club. He has to come out from hiding behind his scripted press releases and show what this club means to him, if anything.
    We talking about the same bloke who as captain of his home town club when the NSL folded chose not to stay in Newy despite getting a reasonable offer to continue at the Jets and and went to Sydney FC for a bit of extra cash ???

We talking about the same bloke who as captain of his home town club when the NSL folded chose not to stay in Newy despite getting a reasonable offer to continue at the Jets and and went to Sydney FC for a bit of extra cash ???
    I don't really care about what happened in the past. This is now his time to show his mettle. I'm waiting to see what his take on the situation is.

He's the CEO when you're not having a CEO, oh that's right we've already got one of those on the coaching staff, they got what they deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by hausmann View Post
    But Middleby has CEO as his title. He has to take responsibility for what is happening. If he is a yes-man to Palmer you can see exactly why the spirit of the club is paper thin, because there is no truth in the club until the opposition exposes it on the pitch. No truth in the CEO title or anything else. That is why Robbie has to decide if he actually deserves the title or not.
    Just for the record, I completely agree. If Middleby had any sort of balls what so ever, he would make a stand and say it's all been Palmer, but all he is is a yes man who, in his only previous experience in running a football club, ran it into the ****ing ground and made it fold!
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Picking on the wrong bloke.
    Everyone knows this is all BK's fault.

/close thread.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Maybe he is embarrassed like every supporter of the club is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JCBT View Post
    Maybe he is embarrassed like every supporter of the club is.
    To the extent that he will do the noble thing and take some responsibility and ownership of the debacle our club currently is and has been for a while under his watch???

I will not hold my breath.

Complete lack of accountability, a pile of excuses offered up and terrible decisions are made repeatedly yet the same people still call the shots.

Recipe for Chaos

It's not middlebys money

Couldn't agree more. Was Friday night a dream?? Did we play that bad? were Roar that Good? Someone please wake me up. 1 shot up to the 65th minute!!! I think Roar had 17 players on the pitch and we only had 7, thats it. Still to play WSW, FC and Reds. God help us. Great article in Sydney Telegraph today. Griffo the only 1 having a go. can we clone him and get 10 more copies? Come on you Jets, we deserve much better

Thanks for bringing up the Sydney thing. I HATE them with a passion and their attempts to buy the trophy with their bottomless money supply. If us and the Mariners won only 3 games in a season, please let it be against FC.

Which article?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Toohey