Page 80 of 98 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1953

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

  1. #1581
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,665
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    But c'mon we’ve all got mates who are scared of their wives and it’s ****ing sad (hilarious, but sad).
    One of my mates was scared shitless of his missus. Whenever he managed to get up the courage to come out for a drink he'd be like - "oh man glad she doesn't know where I am". So one of us would ring her for a joke, tell her where he was , and sit back and enjoy the carnage when she'd storm in and rip him a new one. Absolutely sensational and highly recommended.

  2. #1582
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    One of my mates was scared shitless of his missus. Whenever he managed to get up the courage to come out for a drink he'd be like - "oh man glad she doesn't know where I am". So one of us would ring her for a joke, tell her where he was , and sit back and enjoy the carnage when she'd storm in and rip him a new one. Absolutely sensational and highly recommended.
    look stuff like this is a giggle but its (thankfully) come to light in the last decade that serious male health issues can be linked back to unhappy relationships. this stuff is real, and divorce, suicides etc are on both sides of the fence.

    i def think im one of the lucky ones (as are a few on here) who think they have married their best friend and couldnt be happier with their life.

    but man oh man ive got friends that 'settled' for some one just because they didnt want to get old and lonely. personally ive never understood why you'd do it, but it always bums me out when your mates are desperately unhappy with their lives and a huge part of it is their relationship. Again, this is where i get the Members overall point.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  3. #1583
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,813
    These last few posts have been good posts.

    Except for the part Plague where you get the membas overall point. Not even he gets the overall point. Although I get Plagues point that you have made out of membas point that he doesn't know what he's making.

  4. #1584
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Although I get Plagues point that you have made out of membas point that he doesn't know what he's making.
    exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  5. #1585
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,380
    Geez i left for 5 minutes and it turns to sh1t.

    I dismissed member's posts cause they were way too outrageous and beyond belief. If anyone becomes angry because they took members words aim at their mrs I think there's some issues with yourself, seriously.

    Most of us all live the equity way, like what Wilso said about the give take.

    Like Dunst I too have a mate who had to send pics of us to prove he was with mates but then was abused for 3 days every time he saw us. 12 years then divorced. We thought is was a joke for ages. this thread ffs

  6. #1586
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Geez i left for 5 minutes and it turns to sh1t.

    I dismissed member's posts cause they were way too outrageous and beyond belief. If anyone becomes angry because they took members words aim at their mrs I think there's some issues with yourself, seriously.

    Most of us all live the equity way, like what Wilso said about the give take.

    Like Dunst I too have a mate who had to send pics of us to prove he was with mates but then was abused for 3 days every time he saw us. 12 years then divorced. We thought is was a joke for ages. this thread ffs
    rational thoughts from the bloke with 8 supermodel wives.
    stop being in the sensible centre. pick a turnbuckle and jump in son.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  7. #1587
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,380
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    stop being in the sensible centre. pick a turnbuckle and jump in son.
    You guys have summed it all up. besides my shoulder and knees wouldnt handle a jump that high anymore.

    You must have missed some of my past discussions

  8. #1588
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,334
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Na man. I still ask my wife if she minds if I do something. Only because I give a **** about her feelings and if I'm doing something that hurts her then **** that shit. Cause yanno we in a mutual relationship were we both equal cause it's nice to make sure someone else is happy outside of youself.
    You are an absolute madman.
    OK

  9. #1589
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,334
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    If anyone becomes angry because they took members words aim at their mrs I think there's some issues with yourself, seriously.
    I just want to re-stress incase my OG posts were skimread or poorly worded that I personally haven't taken offence specifically about my Mrs/I from da Membah's posts. Although I have taken offence to the topic in general that he's portraying, and will continue to fight the good fight with that. As plaguesey has pointed out, Membah has made an indirect point that he agrees with.. but he's also made some fairly direct and other indirect points that are subhuman and as you say outrageous and beyond belief.

    I mentioned it once earlier in this thread but I genuinely believe this stems from the whole bible-based man is the head of the house, dominance over women, a woman can't teach a man, etc Christian teachings that da Membah is seemingly well-read on. I blame the Christians for what we just went thru in this thread. So it doesn't surprise me in the least that a positive society shift is happening right in front of their eyes and they have this monster meltdown about it. The butthurt is genuinely hilarious, and the best part is you don't even need to stretch to get results.
    OK

  10. #1590
    in awe of baz GazFish35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    6,421
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    I dismissed member's posts cause they were way too outrageous and beyond belief. If anyone becomes angry because they took members words aim at their mrs I think there's some issues with yourself, seriously.
    no issues here, no anger, just not willing to dismiss the rubbish without speaking against it.
    one post, maybe, but continued and repeated rubbish. nope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

  11. #1591
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I genuinely believe this stems from the whole bible-based man is the head of the house, dominance over women, a woman can't teach a man, etc Christian teachings
    To be fair to the Christian folk (and by ‘fair’ I mean all religion can **** off) but aren’t ALL the major religions based on ‘man being king’ and ‘woman being submissive’?

    Your point remains valid with me tho.

  12. #1592
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    756
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    To be fair to the Christian folk (and by ‘fair’ I mean all religion can **** off) but aren’t ALL the major religions based on ‘man being king’ and ‘woman being submissive’?

    Your point remains valid with me tho.
    Yeah, was gonna say. I'm no theologian by any means but its hardly a Christian problem.
    You've got the western media crucifying (pun intended) Islam culture and nations for their issues with treatment of females, while the more advanced Islam nations say it has nothing to do with the religion and just to do with the culture.
    I don't know enough about other major religions to comment on Hindu, Buddhist etc views on females.

    I think religion is too often used as scapegoat or something to pin blame on, when really religion doesn't cause a lot of the issues it is purported to.. just enables bad people to do bad things. But thats is probably a discussion for the other thread.

    Personally I think the male dominance etc is just a throwback to earlier civilisation when there were legitimate reasons for it. When your culture is based around physical traits being valuable such as strength, endurance such as in hunter-gatherer and other early primitive stages of human existence then you can easily see why women were second class citizens. Probably even up to a century ago or less, with many jobs being manual labour. With how our civilization has evolved and physical traits are no longer the be all and end all, you have women being much more able to meaningfully contribute to society. But the surrounding culture just hasn't caught up yet.

  13. #1593
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,334
    What I will say is the end of my sentence was "that da Membah is seemingly well-read on".

    I don't know enough about other religions to comment fully but I blame the Christians for da Membah's views on this. I'm not consciously attempting to generalize any further.
    OK

  14. #1594
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    Yeah we are veering into the wrong thread here coz Member shouldn’t really be allowed into the politics one because it’s a fast-track to a banning.

    Anyway women are dope as **** and if they weren’t around our lives would be way worse because we’d probably all be spending time together outside the foz and NO ONE wants that shit in their lives.

  15. #1595
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    What I will say is the end of my sentence was "that da Membah is seemingly well-read on".

    I don't know enough about other religions to comment fully but I blame the Christians for da Membah's views on this. I'm not consciously attempting to generalize any further.
    Religion??

    You think that is what the basis for my views is??

    How wrong you are

    This is just the self analysis on myself after my last relationship failing

    It has led me to study the inner workings of the dynamic between men and women in detail

    I learned that the failing of that relationship was me
    It was all my fault because of the weakness I displayed initially with her. I can even pinpoint the exact occassion where I basically doomed it because I was too weak willed to say no to her

    Reason I too weak willed to say no I found to be nothing more than the bullshit way men in this country are brainwashed to act towards women

    So I set myself a goal for the last year to increase my interactions with women. Learn exactly how to say no to them.

    Interesting concept

    The results I found were surprising.

    Early on in every relationship there was always a key point where the women tried pushing you to see what she could get away with

    Amazingly when you actually stand up for yourself and say no for some reason your actually in control of them and the course of your relationship. Matter of fact they actually respect you more.

    It actually is quite surprising how quickly they will revert and take the submissive role.

    So that my focus at the moment.

    Unlike some of the other brain dead comments from people here this isn't about some type of ultra dominance from me and exploitation. Far from it.

    It is about retaining control of a relationship and not surrendering it needlessly like so many men actually do

  16. #1596
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,665
    Has Oprah logged in yet?

  17. #1597
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I can even pinpoint the exact occassion where I basically doomed it because I was too weak willed to say no to her
    Oh dear god we could have some fun with this.

  18. #1598
    Senior Member leftrightout's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,430
    This thread is amazing for one that is meant to be about stuff as simple as people not paying attention at traffic lights.

  19. #1599
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    KOTARA STH
    Posts
    15,266
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Oh dear god we could have some fun with this.
    Go ahead then

    I up for getting roasted if you want be my guest

    Unlike some people I don't take myself too seriously

  20. #1600
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Go ahead then

    I up for getting roasted if you want be my guest

    Unlike some people I don't take myself too seriously
    Oh I know you and I would be ok with it, but there’s a real chance I’d step on some of the guideline land mines so I’ll step off.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •