Page 72 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 1,421 to 1,440 of 1953

Thread: You know what really grinds my gears?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    People getting all high and mighty over Bernard Tomic.
    If they've invested any emotional capital into a bloke they've never met nor ever will then they are the suckers, not Bernie.
    ha, fooled by a king asshole. At least the POS is honest.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    modern management

I don't have a vagina so I'll need someone to explain what this graphic means.

Edit. Just read the below paper and my worst fears were realised. How the hell does this shit even get printed ?

http://www.human-synergistics.com.au...i.pdf?sfvrsn=0

and this one

http://www.hrsuccess.com.au/services/hr-tools/humansyn

and this one: http://www.human-synergistics.com.au...i.pdf?sfvrsn=0

Any three of these groups could be successful depending upon many factors such as size of the organisation, access to capital, markets they are in..... and the list goes on.

The blue zone will pretty much always be taken over or bought out by the red zone types - and turned to shit quicker than we can blink.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 25-07-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I don't have a vagina so I'll need someone to explain what this graphic means.

Edit. Just read the below paper and my worst fears were realised. How the hell does this shit even get printed ?

http://www.human-synergistics.com.au...i.pdf?sfvrsn=0

and this one

http://www.hrsuccess.com.au/services/hr-tools/humansyn

and this one: http://www.human-synergistics.com.au...i.pdf?sfvrsn=0

Any three of these groups could be successful depending upon many factors such as size of the organisation, access to capital, markets they are in..... and the list goes on.

The blue zone will pretty much always be taken over or bought out by the red zone types - and turned to shit quicker than we can blink.
    Surprised they are still using this stuff tbh
    I went through this about 15 years ago when I worked for Freedom, and they went on this big tear through the department & store managers to improve performance.
    Thing was I was directed to reduce my footprints in the red and green sectors and increase the blue, yet no such pressure was put on any of the managers above us to improve the way they interact with other managers and employees.
    Improved my interactions with others once I worked out how I dealt with people using these indicators, however as an overall measure it was largely useless when it wasn't applied to everyone.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

I do consulting and apart from using DISC (because it is simple 360 with four quadrants), I throw the rest away.

Things like that graph above are designed to make money for big consulting firms, that is all - they love blinding the workplace with science, pictures and figures. And as Furns says most of it looks good at a workshop but then never gets used consistently.

It isn't rocket science to have an engaged workforce and quality management. Treat people well (and run any process through the whole business) and they will respond. And no point making someone a "manager" because of seniority or because they were great at their old job. Most current "managers" suck - See the "Peter Principle".

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I do consulting and apart from using DISC (because it is simple 360 with four quadrants), I throw the rest away.

Things like that graph above are designed to make money for big consulting firms, that is all - they love blinding the workplace with science, pictures and figures. And as Furns says most of it looks good at a workshop but then never gets used consistently.

It isn't rocket science to have an engaged workforce and quality management. Treat people well (and run any process through the whole business) and they will respond. And no point making someone a "manager" because of seniority or because they were great at their old job. Most current "managers" suck - See the "Peter Principle".
    Then you have the Koreans . They will sit an under performing manager in a chair while the top brass essentially fling insults at him , maybe even slap him around a little - then demand he goes to his knees and begs for forgiveness and admits he's a worthless sack of shit bringing shame to the business, his country, and his family.
    However, if you asked these top brass about their management style they's be adamant they were in the blue group.

I pissed myself watching this video because it shows just how far from reality these khunts at Business / Management Schools are from the shit that really goes down in these big corporations.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 27-07-2017 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

It isn't rocket science to have an engaged workforce and quality management.
    you guys want the secret to all of it?

listen up.

where you're at the 'bottom' - do your job.
    when you get to the 'top' - don't be a dick.

fin
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    you guys want the secret to all of it?

listen up.

where you're at the 'bottom' - do your job.
    when you get to the 'top' - don't be a dick.

fin

Great to see someone gets it - you've basically captured the crux of my seminars!

pretty much my philosophy of management as well.

i'd also add - help anybody you can anyway you can.

i can see Jetmaster finishing all his seminars with plagues post now.

Add "get through the middle as quick as you can to avoid redundancy from middle-management restructures"
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Where do people buy washing machines these days? My LG has carked it after 9 years of service and it isn't worth repairing based on the quotes I have received.

Where do people buy washing machines these days? My LG has carked it after 9 years of service and it isn't worth repairing based on the quotes I have received.
    I've got a few things off appliances online. Been quite good, actually. Nothing to that scale, but add ons and bits and pieces.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I've got a few things off appliances online. Been quite good, actually. Nothing to that scale, but add ons and bits and pieces.
    Yeah, had a look at them. Lots of brands I have never heard of... and one of them (Euromaid) is the highest rated product on their list.

If the machine is in good physical shape with no corrosion I'd probably consider keeping it. How much was your quote to get it repaired ? Because there would be at least $300 just for labour labour if it's done a shaft / motor.
    If it's something like a drain pump the part will cost you about $30 and you need a Philips head screw driver to change it.

If the machine is in good physical shape with no corrosion I'd probably consider keeping it. How much was your quote to get it repaired ? Because there would be at least $300 just for labour labour if it's done a shaft / motor.
    If it's something like a drain pump the part will cost you about $30 and you need a Philips head screw driver to change it.
    It's not in great condition... when my ex and I moved to SA, it got left behind and sat in storage for 3 years. Not in greatest shape after that. Took a fair bit to get rid of the stench when I moved back up here last year and fair bit of corrosion on the front of the machine.

Am 99% sure it's the drain pump. Can start a wash cycle, it fills and then errors to 0E which means it isn't draining. No hose kink and on spin only cycle, there is no pump doing something noise. For $30, can't be a bad idea to see if it's salvageable.

Yeah, had a look at them. Lots of brands I have never heard of... and one of them (Euromaid) is the highest rated product on their list.
    Euromaid is complete shit Grim. it's an OEM product made in China. If you buy them by the container they cost around $100 per unit.

If you want a new washing machine and want it to last then Speed Queen or Maytag are the best by a mile.

However, make sure you buy the made in USA versions not the Chinese ones - as they are shit.

It's not in great condition... when my ex and I moved to SA, it got left behind and sat in storage for 3 years. Not in greatest shape after that. Took a fair bit to get rid of the stench when I moved back up here last year and fair bit of corrosion on the front of the machine.

Am 99% sure it's the drain pump. Can start a wash cycle, it fills and then errors to 0E which means it isn't draining. No hose kink and on spin only cycle, there is no pump doing something noise. For $30, can't be a bad idea to see if it's salvageable.
    Yes. It's a drain pump. If you have the full model number and serial number then you should be able to pick one up from an appliances wholesaler as Jeterpool suggested.

Last edited by The Dunster; 28-07-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    pretty much my philosophy of management as well.

i'd also add - help anybody you can anyway you can.

i can see Jetmaster finishing all his seminars with plagues post now.
    Wrote it on a post it for future reference!

Yes. It's a drain pump. If you have the full model number and serial number then you should be able to pick one up from an appliances wholesaler as Jeterpool suggested.

Possibly not the drain pump. Unhooked it, drained it, took load of washing out. Ran a rinse + spin cycle and worked fine...

Farken

This thread has taken a strange turn hasn't it!

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    This thread has taken a strange turn hasn't it!
    If it was a stuffed motor, gears could be grinding literally.