Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rd 8 Newcastle Jets v the Scum 30/11/14 k/off 5:00pm AEDST

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    BK's big, aimless hoofs are going to make Bosnar, Anderson & co look much better than they are.

I remember only once last week did he even attempt to put direction on a kick out of his hands, Jeronimo made a neat little right sided break in the first half before WSW scored - and BK miskicked it (it needed a flat, straight delivery whereas BK's was more of a traditional sky-high bomb that curled a bit - Biraz would have gotten it to Jeronimo easily imo), and it too went straight to NTS's head. The rest of his hoofs were just aimless, and the WSW centre backs made one routine defensive header after another.
    You cannot be serious. Biraz's distribution is piss poor on a good day.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    You cannot be serious. Biraz's distribution is piss poor on a good day.
    Look, I just want the two keepers to be fairly compared to each other. I want the positives and negatives of both keepers to be fair game - not just the positives of one, and the negatives of the other.

And I believe that Biraz is a better distributor than BK - and feel that BK proved me right last week.
    OK

check out judge judy here

rather see their quotient

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    check out judge judy here
    how was my GazFish impresison?
    OK

Jets v Mariners Trivia:
    1. Kew Jaliens will become the 11th captain to lead the Jets out at home in an F3 derby. Who are the other 10 players to do so?

2. Foreign Brigade – Which Visa player scored the most goals at home in this fixture – Michael Bridges, Emile Heskey, Jeremy Brockie or Milton Rodriguez?

3. How many clean sheets did Ante Covic keep in this fixture?
    1. Ned Zelic, Paul Okon, Nick Carle, Jade North, Adam Griffiths, Matt Thompson, Ljubo Milicevic, Kasey Wehrman, Jobe Wheelhouse and Ruben Zadkovich.
    2. Milton with 2.
    3. 4 clean sheets
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Not much to report on Shaun Evans. 2 matches, both at Hunter Stadium, One draw (Perth) and a loss (Nix) in Season 9.

Finally a referee who has booked more opposition players than Jets players! (3 to 4).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Tbh, I couldn't give a shit about a keeper's distribution. As long as they know when to go long, it's good enough.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

BK is cuter, that's the main thing.

Banned
    After spending the best part of a week stuck in a glorious location but a backwater internet wise and not getting the opportunity to read the foz I think I have some perspective on a few things.

First thing after a week away is that you cunce are miserable negative bastards and it was good spending the best part of a week not being a miserable negative bastard myself.

Could be just the six tonnes of lunatic juice I have been drinking every day and I may have forgotten how bad we actually are but I am surprisingly upbeat about our prospects for the rest of the season under Middleby Tinkler Stubbins and co

I also EXPECT us fans to inspire these cunce across the line on Sunday to roll these GYpo scum.

FIRE THE **** UP CUNCE AND NEVER SURRENDER

Toolies?

match details added to OP
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    After spending the best part of a week stuck in a glorious location but a backwater internet wise and not getting the opportunity to read the foz I think I have some perspective on a few things.

First thing after a week away is that you cunce are miserable negative bastards and it was good spending the best part of a week not being a miserable negative bastard myself.

Could be just the six tonnes of lunatic juice I have been drinking every day and I may have forgotten how bad we actually are but I am surprisingly upbeat about our prospects for the rest of the season under Middleby Tinkler Stubbins and co

I also EXPECT us fans to inspire these cunce across the line on Sunday to roll these GYpo scum.

FIRE THE **** UP CUNCE AND NEVER SURRENDER
    Hacked?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Hacked?
    nah, due to his man crush on Alex Wilkinson, the good Member doesnt like stirring things on up in Derby week. he hates it when his kids are fighting.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    nah, due to his man crush on Alex Wilkinson, the good Member doesnt like stirring things on up in Derby week. he hates it when his kids are fighting.
    Between him and the Honourable Member for Trent Sainsbury, we might as well just support the scum.

how was my GazFish impresison?
    Not great tbh.
    You made exaggerations when you said that I had stated BK's distribution was "miles" ahead of birraz.
    Stick to the facts.

And I'm glad others are finally seeing the value of holding both keepers to the same standard.
    Trick now is for bk to get a few games so his current form can be compared to birraz, not his form from a few years ago that still seems to be clouding some peoples judgement.

My bad. You labelled biraz's distribution as a weakness and BK's distribution as a strength.

Do you believe that still applies having seen last week?
    OK

My bad. You labelled biraz's distribution as a weakness and BK's distribution as a strength.

Do you believe that still applies having seen last week?
    TBH, bay72 at parra is pretty shit to gauge much that's going on. I didn't know Flores had scored till they all ran and hugged him on the sideline. So it's hard to make a judgment, and it's one game so I'm not going to hang Jim out to dry on that. I've always thought his distribution to be pretty solid ver the years. he seems to communicate well when playing short, usually finds space, or a target with long clearances, long throws have usually found their man or created movement forward. One game, at parra from bay72 makes it's very hard for me to change this pov ATM. It's very hard to tel from there what movement he had from midfielders or front men, to give him something to aim at. Birraz on the other hand often sees the target, but misses it, either going too long, or falling short.

Both it must be said seem to have been following an instruction to to distribute wide, as both put balls into touch regularly. For both to do this, I can only imagine they're under instruction to find the wide blokes..... This seemed evident in the preseason games I caught glimpses too.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah but Biraz was good 2 weeks ago and got dropped.
    Pepper got dropped after having a few more than decent games.

Seems the only chance you've got of keeping your spot in this team is to play like shit.
    Yes pepper was great at taking an average touch if he was under minimal pressure then playing a ball sidewards or backwards, creating **** all; That's our prob.
    Perpetual pressure on the back four who can't deal with it for 90 mins, often due to a lack of football brains. Can't believe coaches have come and gone yet players who can't control a football remain (Gallaway, Virgilli) **** the athletes off if they can't provide anything going forward. All the people that say they need a string of games to prove themselves can **** off too, they have had that many games to prove they can control a ball it's ****ing embarrassing. **** off.

In saying that, I think we will win this game by at least 2 goals. Only because we are so shit that the players who can, will pull something out of their ass for newy and their careers this weekend.