Page 15 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: The TV Shows Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    We watched the first ep of "orange is the new black" seems like it might be okay.
    Enjoyed this myself. Season 2 recently kicked off on foxtel

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    We watched the first ep of "orange is the new black" seems like it might be okay.
    Mrs Grim and I did the same on the weekend. Not sure what I was expecting, don't think it was that... but wasn't bad.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocknerd View Post
    Things that I'm have dug recently: Fargo, best show I've seen in a long time, Arrow, a little bit soap opera-ish but great action and a cool take on a little known DC superhero. Like Batman but more vengeance than symbol, Always Community, Fringe is the bomb for Sci-Fi TV 100 Eps of awesomeness, Ray Donovan is pretty well spoken about.

As for Orange is the New Black, I personally think it sucks but if you liked all of Weeds you'll like it. I think it is some absolutely wasted effort and the writing is just clichés and regurgitated drivel best left to a bygone era. Oz is the only Prison Drama worth a damn.
    Watched Fargo enjoyed. Got over Arrow, same thing every week. Ray Donovan superb. It's hard once you've seen good ones the shit ones (mostly ones you'll see on say FOX8 and shit) are even shitter and almost unwatchable. Not much of a sci-fi man when it comes to TV series. I've had to go and watch some older series lately like deadwood (great show but worst ending in the history of TV). Watching shows that I'm seasons behind on is great so I can binge them on night shift.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    What type of show are you looking for?
    Good question, I don't really know but shows I have liked are ones like walking dead, sopranos, the wire, GOT, SOA, ray donovan, fargo, hell on wheels, deadwood etc etc. I don't mind comedies but when you watch them for 8hrs you sort of get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Good question, I don't really know but shows I have liked are ones like walking dead, sopranos, the wire, GOT, SOA, ray donovan, fargo, hell on wheels, deadwood etc etc. I don't mind comedies but when you watch them for 8hrs you sort of get over it.
    Judging from the shows you previously like give Banshee a watch I think you'll enjoy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I've heard suits is good.

Watched Fargo enjoyed. Got over Arrow, same thing every week. Ray Donovan superb. It's hard once you've seen good ones the shit ones (mostly ones you'll see on say FOX8 and shit) are even shitter and almost unwatchable. Not much of a sci-fi man when it comes to TV series. I've had to go and watch some older series lately like deadwood (great show but worst ending in the history of TV). Watching shows that I'm seasons behind on is great so I can binge them on night shift.
    Well as for great writing Freaks and Geeks is excellent, Set in 1980 middle America, the life issues of American teens staring the future of American Comedy in Seth Rogen, Jason Segal and James Franco.

I've been hankering for a little Californication lately (though I'm reading Charles Bukowski who Hank Moody is clearly modelled on) and I only watched about 4-6 eps of each season, but found each to be well written and self deprecating in a good way.

One of my favourite shows is Psych, it's about a guy with well trained skills of observation and an endemic memory who sets up a fake Psychic Detective agency. It's a quippy show full of 80's pop culture references and a black white buddy show with a weekly who done it. It'll never be held up like Fargo or American Horror Story (though another brilliant show) but I watch it regularly and it never gets old.

Parks and recreation is fantastic, I love it and can binge on 10 or so eps without getting sick of it. I've not watched the first season but it is sold from season 2. Ron Swanson is a hero to me.

When I was a baker I used to like to come home and just binge on the Kids cartoons, Avatar the last Airbender, Dragon Ball Z, Yo ghi oh, these are great little shows with cool Ideas. Dragon Ball in its self ran for near 20 years from its original series, to Z and on to GT.

Check out Childrens Hospital (Comedy), it was a Internet show before getting picked up and is a great little comedy with some bizzar ideas

Other than that my other shows are mainly: Inbetweeners, IT Crowd, Doctor Who, Arrested development, Death Valley (think cops meets the walking Dead), Oh and if you watch and like Freaks and Geeks follow it up with Undeclared set in present day (though that is 2001 I think) staring that bloke from SOA, Seth Rogen and Jay Bershedual (Sic) and Jason Segal, coming of age Sitcom set in a College.

Treme.

By the same lot that did The Wire, based in New Orleans post Katrina. Has a hot violinist in it. And John Goodman. Can't lose.

Suits is good. Have only seen first two seasons but enjoyed it. From all reports, season 3 just turns to shit.

Touch is reasonably decent. Kiefer Sutherland with an autistic kid who sees patterns in numbers and how it all connects the universe. Or something. If you get past the premise, the show is pretty good. Only goes for 2 seasons.

Elementary is surprisingly excellent, if you haven't seen it. Had zero real interest in another Sherlock Holmes show after the awesomeness of Sherlock, however it is really good.

Burn Notice... basically a modern day MacGyver. Has Bruce Campbell in it so it's awesome anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Treme.

By the same lot that did The Wire, based in New Orleans post Katrina. Has a hot violinist in it. And John Goodman. Can't lose.

Suits is good. Have only seen first two seasons but enjoyed it. From all reports, season 3 just turns to shit.

Touch is reasonably decent. Kiefer Sutherland with an autistic kid who sees patterns in numbers and how it all connects the universe. Or something. If you get past the premise, the show is pretty good. Only goes for 2 seasons.

Elementary is surprisingly excellent, if you haven't seen it. Had zero real interest in another Sherlock Holmes show after the awesomeness of Sherlock, however it is really good.

Burn Notice... basically a modern day MacGyver. Has Bruce Campbell in it so it's awesome anyway.
    Agree with Elementary. Good show

cheers for ideas will give them a whirl on my next block of nights

Impeccable taste.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

What is this shit? NBN have The Block on NBN, GEM and GO all at once! What a great excuse to flick over to the Commonwealth Games.....

Got a call off my sister last night telling me to flick over to SBS2 where they had Drunk History on..
    It was AMAZING..
    For anyone who hasn't seen it, the basic premise of the show is to get comedians/celebrities really drunk and then they act as narrator explaining particular events in history, while actors play out and lip sync the pissed-out narrators story..

Rich Fulcher (from Mighty Boosh) explaining Lincoln as a lawyer.. hahahahaha

^ probably the best show on telly

haha thats brilliant... definitely have to check it out!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Hi peeps
    Last night I was channel surfing on FTA and a warning came up about an upcoming program:-
    The 7 themes were
    Coarse Language
    Violence
    Adult Themes
    Nudity
    Drug use
    Horror
    Sex scenes

I thought, "Geez, what sort of show is this? 7 warnings? This is the jackpot of FTA naughtiness!"
    Can anyone guess which program it was?

dusk till dawn?

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Hi peeps
    Last night I was channel surfing on FTA and a warning came up about an upcoming program:-
    The 7 themes were
    Coarse Language
    Violence
    Adult Themes
    Nudity
    Drug use
    Horror
    Sex scenes

I thought, "Geez, what sort of show is this? 7 warnings? This is the jackpot of FTA naughtiness!"
    "The ISIS Variety Hour"?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    dusk till dawn?
    Nope. I'll wait till 2 more guesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post
    Hi peeps
    The 7 themes were
    Coarse Language
    Violence
    Adult Themes
    Nudity
    Drug use
    Horror
    Sex scenes

Ten eyewitness news
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast