9 12.68%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: vote for 2015–16 manager for Newcastle Football Entity

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Rudan has struggled with Utd.

Aurelio Vidmar in the mix?
    He ruled himself out yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    He ruled himself out yesterday.
    I don't think any of those candidates are up to it.

Another season of mediocrity beckons.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    I don't think any of those candidates are up to it.

Another season of mediocrity beckons.
    Exactly
    Quote: "I don't 'think' any of those candidates are up to it" .....You are just making a pre-conception based on what you "think".
    How about we all just lay off, chill out, let the new coach come in, give him time to settle into the role and maybe 10 games into the new season start making judgements on what we "think" based on actual!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Exactly
    Quote: "I don't 'think' any of those candidates are up to it" .....You are just making a pre-conception based on what you "think".
    How about we all just lay off, chill out, let the new coach come in, give him time to settle into the role and maybe 10 games into the new season start making judgements on what we "think" based on actual!!!
    nah I'd rather have an opinion now

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Exactly my point tho.
    Blokes carrying on like we're signing Klopp.
    Rudan is just as big a pile of turd as the rest.
    Hopefully they cast the net a bit wider than the bloke on the telly.
    Settle Down mate,
    We can only pick from whats on the poll.

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Settle Down mate,
    Which is why Slobs is the obvious (and best) option..

Quote Originally Posted by cobra23 View Post
    Settle Down mate,
    Which is why anyone who doesn't vote for Slobs is a bum.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Hopefully they cast the net a bit wider than the bloke on the telly.
    But look at Ange, he is now the national team coach and national hero!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    But look at Ange, he is now the national team coach and national hero!
    wot?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Val Migliaccio ‏@Val61
    Confirmed: Damian Mori was interviewed for the vacant @NewcastleJetsFC position.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    As much as I liked mori as a player and am sure he'd make a decent coach, I don't think many fans would be happy with another unproven coach with ties to Adelaide.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    As much as I liked mori as a player and am sure he'd make a decent coach, I don't think many fans would be happy with another unproven coach with ties to Adelaide.
    Bloke has been coaching Adelaide City in Sth Australia for a fair few years now.

They even turfed WSW out if the FFA Cup

Proven or unproven, really nothing is guaranteed. Of the "proven" coaches out there, who is actually available anyway? This is the reality of the situation and fans have to be reasonable and get their heads around this fact. There is no experienced coach available out there at the present time with a proven record of success.
    We just need to hope that FFA with the aid of Ange's expertise have done their due diligence in picking a coach who is up to the challenge of rejuvenating this club and basically setting up the right structure and platform in place that will set it up for the future.
    Whoever the new coach is, we all have to as supporters be fair and open minded and not make any pre-conceived judgements on their ability. That would be counter-productive to what the club is trying to achieve at this point in time after the turmoil of the past 6 months.
    The old term of giving someone a "fair-go" applies to whoever the new Jets coach will be whether it is Rudan, or Papas, or Okon or Mori or whoever, I will be giving them 100% support in getting this club back on track.

stopper is right.

There are lots of great coaches going around at the moment who would have been seen as "unproven" or inexperienced when they were first appointed (Muscat, Popovic). On the other hand, if they are proven then they will usually have been sacked from somewhere at some point (Arnold, Ange). This is all just part of the nature of appointing a coach, there's usually a lot of guesswork involved.

I will even say that appointing Stubbins last season was a good decision (albeit an uninspired one compared to say Gombau at Adelaide).
    Where we went wrong was not giving him the boot faster when it turned out he was barely fit to coach an All Age team.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Bloke has been coaching Adelaide City in Sth Australia for a fair few years now.

They even turfed WSW out if the FFA Cup
    I know all about his coaching prowess and I'm not saying I wouldn't be happy with him as head coach, just stating that the average joe jets fan would gets a sense of deja vu with stubbins

I know all about his coaching prowess and I'm not saying I wouldn't be happy with him as head coach, just stating that the average joe jets fan would gets a sense of deja vu with stubbins
    unless they turf some bloke out of europe or asia with a decent record, any coach signing is going to have deja vu with it unfortunately

thats why they have got to get it right, the FFA can't afford to pick a stubbins.

it wouldn't bother me if they took another 2 weeks to pick the coach as long as they get it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Proven or unproven, really nothing is guaranteed. Of the "proven" coaches out there, who is actually available anyway? This is the reality of the situation and fans have to be reasonable and get their heads around this fact. There is no experienced coach available out there at the present time with a proven record of success.
    We just need to hope that FFA with the aid of Ange's expertise have done their due diligence in picking a coach who is up to the challenge of rejuvenating this club and basically setting up the right structure and platform in place that will set it up for the future.
    Whoever the new coach is, we all have to as supporters be fair and open minded and not make any pre-conceived judgements on their ability. That would be counter-productive to what the club is trying to achieve at this point in time after the turmoil of the past 6 months.
    The old term of giving someone a "fair-go" applies to whoever the new Jets coach will be whether it is Rudan, or Papas, or Okon or Mori or whoever, I will be giving them 100% support in getting this club back on track.
    I'm as open minded and optimistic as they come and I believe the due dilligence is being pretty thorough. If the FFA were after a quick fix they would of appointed Zane or jones etc last week. All the prospective candidates are reasonably similar in terms of experience. I hope they are interviewing all the 'unproven' ones and the choose the one most 'champing at the bit' for the position.

Serious though why aren't we just asking Gombeau if any of his Spanish mates like to surf?

Rudan reportedly had one of the biggest budgets in the NSWPL but is currently running 9th and copped a flogging on the weekend.

How many times someone appears on Fox should not be a determining factor in the appointment, nor should it be based upon how well they speak on the Tele.

Mori has done well in SA, but again he is with a big fish in a small pond.

We're basically starting from scratch so someone like Miron Bleiberg wouldn't be a bad option, as he has set up clubs from scratch in the past and is possibly on shakey ground at Oakleigh in the VPL.

Banned
    Could have sworn Miron quit recently and it had nothing to do with the club he was at but more so his family were in QLd and he wasn't