Thread: World Cup 06 retro

World Cup 06 retro

Watching replay of Croatia - Australia in WC 06 on fox......we were GOOD.... enjoying every minutes....Even Luc$s was good Member
    arghhhh memories.......I think big difference with now is they ALL played in Big European leagues......EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Eridivisie.......
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

I can clearly see watching that replay how technically superior we were compare to now...... Individual technique is the key.,and unfortunately we have move backward.....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    one thing you won't get on the tv coverage is the half hour after the game that everyone stayed in the stadium going ****ing mental - kick off for that game was at 9pm and we'd gotten into Stuttgart at 11am and drunken heavily for the afternoon and evening

that train ride from Stuttgart back to Munich was some of the most drunken passed out coldness I have ever experienced - and then I got on a plane to Ibiza at 7am the next day and had it large for three nights

everything was better in 2006, everything

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    one thing you won't get on the tv coverage is the half hour after the game that everyone stayed in the stadium going ****ing mental - kick off for that game was at 9pm and we'd gotten into Stuttgart at 11am and drunken heavily for the afternoon and evening

that train ride from Stuttgart back to Munich was some of the most drunken passed out coldness I have ever experienced - and then I got on a plane to Ibiza at 7am the next day and had it large for three nights

Remember when the Aussies came back out to do a lap and they were playing ACDC over the PA and the Cro's were singing along.

Epic.

As we left every Cro wanted to give us their gear. I woke up the next morning with some checkerboard cap on and nowt much else.

Can confirm there were no nits.

Kalac though. God spare me that ****ing stress again.

Yeah. If you ever want to compare where our world standard was at check out this game. As licker said we have receded so much.

Cant remember dukes being that agile.

Cullina, Moore, Grella in the guts.

awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post

Favourite memory of that post match celerbration was the ACDC too...TNT and all the Aussies singing along with the 'Oi's' ...and having the 'Oi's' echo back at you.
    Goosebumps...

dunno if anyone remembers the carnage at wests in the japan game, blokes legit tearing the place apart, was brilliant

the flare show on the telly when srna scored that free kick in the craysha game was insane, the last proper world cup
    Last edited by q-money; 17-08-2015 at 05:43 PM.