Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: Miller - He's Out (pg 25)

So Lawrie says on Twitter, nothing to do with the Chinese player... Hmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    So Lawrie says on Twitter, nothing to do with the Chinese player... Hmmmmmmm
    Hmmm.

fk u lee

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    fk u lee
    Our new Head Coach.

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    an honest shot at being competitive.
    this is the bloke that continually subbed on defenders down in games with 5 mins to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Miller out lord griff in

Best news all year, got what he deserved

Scott Miller

May not have had the best overall record, but he was coming into a steaming pile of horseshit left by Stubbins and Tinkler. Shame we'll never get to see what he could have achieved this year.

* 29 games in charge, made up of 27 A-League and 2 FFA Cup
    * W-D-L was 8 wins, 6 draws and 15 losses.
    * First coach to do the treble over the Nix
    * First coach to win in Gosford in 2696 days.
    * First time since Season 3 we have gone undefeated against the Gypos in a regular season.
    * First coach to lead us to victory from two goals down. That's at any time, let alone half time
    * Only GvE (144) and Branko (59) have managed us in more matches.
    * In charge for 447 days - third longest serving in Jets history
    * Average goals for 1.069, Goals conceded 1.586
    * Second worst win percentage in Jets coaching history
    * Coach with most points attained from behind (8) in Jets history in one season.

I feel a sense emptiness because we didn't get to see what he could achieve. Sure we had fun at his talking in circles, and big words that really told us nothing and he gave us a wonderful drinking game. But this bloke and his team brought me 2 of the best live match experiences I've had. He brought me such a great night watching us come from 2 down at He got the derby and what it meant. He got the crowd. He got the active support.

I mean, there really wasn't much debate about his position. We were by the most behind him in support.

The club have worked so hard to rebuild their image with the fans, and with one act we are back to square one. Any new coach has to win over the fans, but most importantly the players - the majority I assume are loyal to Miller.

I hope they realise what they've done and how hard it will be rebuild the trust of a fan base who sadly know this sort of experience all too well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

You could sense from his interviews with the press that there was a tense relationship with the new owner. I always thought this would end in tears just not so soon

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Scott MillerI hope they realise what they've done and how hard it will be rebuild the trust of a fan base who sadly know this sort of experience all too well.
    I have heard from a few people that they are calling tomorrow to try and cancel their membership. Ive not heard this tyre of action before, may take more rebuilding of trust than the club realises.

Some people are saying that Miller made an ultimatum, the assistant coach or him, and that the Chinese see this as disrespect. That is all well and fine, but Mr Lee needs to be more culturally aware of the fan base (as much as the staff and players need to be culturally aware of the chinese) or he will very quickly end up with nothing.

We had a Chinese coach out here observing a month back did we not. Never was really explained what that was about. Makes you wonder

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I have heard from a few people that they are calling tomorrow to try and cancel their membership. Ive not heard this tyre of action before, may take more rebuilding of trust than the club realises.

Some people are saying that Miller made an ultimatum, the assistant coach or him, and that the Chinese see this as disrespect. That is all well and fine, but Mr Lee needs to be more culturally aware of the fan base (as much as the staff and players need to be culturally aware of the chinese) or he will very quickly end up with nothing.
    Are you inferring that Miller was respectfull

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Not unless he got sacked because he kept playing BK over Duncan on that China tour.......

Makes you think.
    Could be a factor too.
    Maybe Miller deciding to leave 3 squad players behind and bring in 3 youth players may have annoyed a lot of people too....coaching staff and team-mates.
    Just do not know.
    Hopefully it all comes out in the wash....we hope.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Could be a factor too.
    Maybe Miller deciding to leave 3 squad players behind and bring in 3 youth players may have annoyed a lot of people too....coaching staff and team-mates.
    Just do not know.
    Hopefully it all comes out in the wash....we hope.
    I would like to know, but doubt you will hear another word from Lawrie. Scott would be meeting with his lawyers tomorrow I would suspect

Quote Originally Posted by mervan View Post
    Are you inferring that Miller was respectfull
    No, but having knee jerk reactions and sacking anyone you feel is disrespectful is never going to end well.

Wonder how he will respond to fan hostility in the stands.

Seems some people are very easy to please, I mean cancelling your Membership over a coach who won four home games all season last year and got us in 8th position. Sure there were positives and Jeterpool has done a great job in highlighting them above with his statistics but a good leader brings people along with him, he doesn't make them. Miller for a rookie coach seemed to think he already knew it all, does anyone stop and think that maybe his abrasive personality were the reasons why Jones left early on in the piece and why JPD only lasted one season with him???

The usual suspects say they are cancelling every time there's a crisis...ffs.
    Definitely some over reacting on social media.
    It's only another coach after all.

Some public corporal punishment would have sufficed

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I feel a sense emptiness because we didn't get to see what he could achieve. Sure we had fun at his talking in circles, and big words that really told us nothing and he gave us a wonderful drinking game. But this bloke and his team brought me 2 of the best live match experiences I've had. He brought me such a great night watching us come from 2 down at He got the derby and what it meant. He got the crowd. He got the active support.

I mean, there really wasn't much debate about his position. We were by the most behind him in support.

The club have worked so hard to rebuild their image with the fans, and with one act we are back to square one. Any new coach has to win over the fans, but most importantly the players - the majority I assume are loyal to Miller.

I hope they realise what they've done and how hard it will be rebuild the trust of a fan base who sadly know this sort of experience all too well.
    Counterpoint:
    Brought on defenders in the last 5 minutes when trailing.
    Continually threw his players under the bus early in the season (granted he improved that towards the end).
    Didnt re-sign Griff.
    Spoke in such gravy that no one in the city was interested in going to those crummy matches (except the 3,500 that did out of obligation).
    Tried to be flash by wearing suits but never shaved so looked like a real estate agent "between jobs".
    Shook hands with Hutcho, wouldn't be shocked if thats why he really got the ass.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    The usual suspects say they are cancelling every time there's a crisis...ffs.
    Definitely some over reacting on social media.
    It's only another coach after all.
    The people I am referring to aren't usual suspects. These are people who have been following various newcastle teams since KB. Never before have I heard any of these waiver or re-consider membership.

After years of false hope, people are starting to crack.