Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 15/16 HAL Round 11 | Newcastle Jets v Adelaide United | Friday 18/12/15 ko 740pm

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Essers View Post
    So you think losing by a few goals each week (say 4-2, 3-1 for example) and a wooden spoon will help with the stability moving forward? This in a team which is currently stronger at the other end of the park??
    It's amazing how many of you think that by trying to score more goals we are automatically going to lose by more than we already are. Yet you seem comfortable losing the way we currently are.

Also, our 'strongest' part of the park is the line between the sticks that that one bloke is protecting because without him it would be way more embarrassing than it already is.

that was so last year...and the year before that and the year before that and the....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    It's amazing how many of you think that by trying to score more goals we are automatically going to lose by more than we already are. Yet you seem comfortable losing the way we currently are.

Also, our 'strongest' part of the park is the line between the sticks that that one bloke is protecting because without him it would be way more embarrassing than it already is.
    Best post ever

Can someone of the sheep elaborate why they are comfortable losing games in the manner we are.???

Quite frankly I can take losing games I want to walk away happy knowing they had a ****ing go

At the moment I ain't seeing it when we play a 10 men defensive line and refuse to try and attack

I think we just want to be competitive in as many games as possible...despite being so cagey tactically we've only lost by 2 or more goals twice this season with Miller at the helm.

With the caveat of the subs (where we could be more positive, yet bound by limited options) he seems to be doing a good job with the squad at hand - particularly hamstrung with options in the attacking third.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre Essers View Post
    despite being so cagey tactically we've only lost by 2 or more goals twice this season with Miller at the helm.
    and here i was thinking those fireworks the other night were for New Years.
    They were obviously Jets fans celebrating not getting flogged and being so 'cagey' they refuse to try and score in order to mess with the oppositions head.

might go bump a few lines and shoot my gun into the air.
    THERES A PARTY GOIN ONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

I knew a guy once who could never pull a root out in town.

Guess he was just being cagey with the chicks.

I knew a guy once who could never pull a root out in town.

Guess he was just being cagey with the chicks.
    in 1954 when teams played 5 up front??

Lucky Pierre never had such issues...

...time has moved on a little on both counts.