Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    nothin wrong with that, done many times and comes with much animosity. Dodging a grade because of same teams is ridic

btw no regrades in feds. live it love it
    Oh I don't think the blokes give a shit which grade they get in they just were cracking up at the opposition guy trying to stack the deck in his own teams favour.

They got told that b,c and d were pretty much the same level anyway. I think our club wanted each team in a seperate grade.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Oh I don't think the blokes give a shit which grade they get in they just were cracking up at the opposition guy trying to stack the deck in his own teams favour.

They got told that b,c and d were pretty much the same level anyway. I think our club wanted each team in a seperate grade.
    with so many grades in A/A you probs should be able to spread out. o/35's sat no such luxury.

Anyone still looking for an all age Saturday team? Could do with a few extra numbers, PM if interested

Draws are all on Sporting Pulse.

Football season is starting, weather forecast for this weekend is rain, rain, rain! Typical!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    Football season is starting, weather forecast for this weekend is rain, rain, rain! Typical!
    And in true Newcastle style the grounds will be closed the moment it starts to sprinkle.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    And in true Newcastle style the grounds will be closed the moment it starts to sprinkle.
    Only two NCC grounds closed today so hopefully good signs..

Quote Originally Posted by football_macigian23 View Post
    Only two NCC grounds closed today so hopefully good signs..
    I'm genuinely shocked, usually a ground is closed because someone split a bottle of water.

newy council giving headaches as to what constitutes a goal. Over the line or past the post?

20160319_125019.jpg

newy council giving headaches as to what constitutes a goal. Over the line or past the post?

20160319_125019.jpg
    well done NCC.. how hard is it to do your job properly!

Concerned about the rain coming this weekend, who's betting there will be a fair few washouts come Saturday morning?

20160319_125019.jpg
    I thought the clubs marked out the grounds?

Concerned about the rain coming this weekend, who's betting there will be a fair few washouts come Saturday morning?
    I know clubs and councils like to close grounds the moment a bottle of water is split, but with only a couple possible showers predicted to fall before the weekend I'm going to say the grounds will be open.

NCC do the initial mark out for the clubs but then they have to do it themselves or pay someone to do it..

I know clubs and councils like to close grounds the moment a bottle of water is split, but with only a couple possible showers predicted to fall before the weekend I'm going to say the grounds will be open.
    2-10mm on Friday, 5-15mm on Saturday.. Might get some grounds closed. One of the clubs I was speaking to have a cricket pitch in the middle and said as soon as it rains/showers, it's too slippery so they'll have to call games off

I know we do, I'm about to spend the day line marking.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I know we do, I'm about to spend the day line marking.
    Much easier to pay someone else to do it.. $70 per full field, $40 for 8-10's, $25 for 6-7's

if they made our blokes mark out white lines there'd be 12 blokes following behind trying to snort it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

2-10mm on Friday, 5-15mm on Saturday.. Might get some grounds closed. One of the clubs I was speaking to have a cricket pitch in the middle and said as soon as it rains/showers, it's too slippery so they'll have to call games off
    The amount of grounds in this town with a dirty cricket pitch in the middle is unbelievable. I never played on a ground with a cricket pitch on it till I moved here.

Much easier to pay someone else to do it.. $70 per full field, $40 for 8-10's, $25 for 6-7's
    Maybe the club is paying Sammydog

The amount of grounds in this town with a dirty cricket pitch in the middle is unbelievable. I never played on a ground with a cricket pitch on it till I moved here.
    Maybe you should have been a better player then you'd get to play at proper stadiums and stuff, or do you prefer grounds to be unused 6 months a year just so our pub teams get carpet like surfaces to play on?