Page 51 of 76 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1514

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2016

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah look that is a funny post and all but its wrong very much because everyone knows Griff is first and daylight is second.

and you spelt Jobe wrong.
    yep, you spell Jobe L-A-Y-B-U-T-T

you can't spell griff without parisi

Charity legends match

Saw this on Facebook, thoughts??

Newcastle Legends Charity Football Match

A match that brings together Newcastle’s sporting community.
    Newcastle Legends match will be played by past Newcastle United NSL legends & past Newcastle Jets legends.
    This game is all about bringing the Newcastle football community together, raising money for a great charity and getting Newcastle excited about for the upcoming A-League season.
    I know the town will be excited to see some of the old boys pull on the boots one last time, there is no one better to show what it means to play for Newcastle.
    We would like to donate a % of the takings from the day to the Mark Hughes Foundation. He is a Newcastle Legend and a great bloke, very much a worthy charity.
    We would like to bring both sporting teams together for this day. It would be amazing for the Newcastle community to sell out the stadium with Newcastle fans from both codes.
    Ideally the game would be played before the main game on the 9th of October.
    If that isn’t available then maybe a week before the season kicks off.
    I’ve spoken to a few ex-players and they are very excited to be a part of this, I hope the Newcastle Jets let us make this happen as it will only bring positives for the team and the town of Newcastle.

Quote Originally Posted by Newcastlefootball View Post

Newcastle Legends match will be played by past Newcastle United NSL legends & past Newcastle Jets legends.
    This game is all about bringing the Newcastle football community together, raising money for a great charity and getting Newcastle excited about for the upcoming A-League season.
    I know the town will be excited to see some of the old boys pull on the boots one last time, there is no one better to show what it means to play for Newcastle.
    We would like to donate a % of the takings from the day to the Mark Hughes Foundation. He is a Newcastle Legend and a great bloke, very much a worthy charity.
    We would like to bring both sporting teams together for this day. It would be amazing for the Newcastle community to sell out the stadium with Newcastle fans from both codes.
    I’ve spoken to a few ex-players and they are very excited to be a part of this, I hope the Newcastle Jets let us make this happen as it will only bring positives for the team and the town of Newcastle.
    thought we hosted charity matches every home game.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    thought we hosted charity matches every home game.
    Oh now see this is excellent.
    Very well in Sir.

Banned
    Yeah look that is a funny post and all but its wrong very much because everyone knows Griff is first and daylight is second.

and you spelt Jobe wrong.
    IMHO Birraz is the second greatest player the club has had.

Bloke saved our arse more times than anyone outside of Griff

Bloke is the second most talked about player on the Foz behind Griff

Hey I just dealing with the facts buddy.

It is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    IMHO
    There is nothing Humble about your opinion good sir.

I rate Biraz but you gotta be careful putting anyone anywhere near Griff.

It's why I keep daylight there at #2.

Banned
    There is nothing Humble about your opinion good sir.

I rate Biraz but you gotta be careful putting anyone anywhere near Griff.

It's why I keep daylight there at #2.
    What position did daylight play??

Never heard of him

Quote Originally Posted by Newcastlefootball View Post

Can I suggest "Men of Football" as the charity, an organisation who amongst other things assist past football participants who may have fallen on hard times and also provide support and assistance to the families of past and present football participants who have passed on or need their support.
    No offence but I think support from the local Rugby League community would be very very minimal for a sockah game, couldn't imagine too many giving a toss just because one of their favourite sons' Charity is the fundraiser for the event.

What position did daylight play??

Never heard of him
    zero assists in his career.
    no wonder you blokes don't rate him.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Can I suggest "Men of Football" as the charity, an organisation who amongst other things assist past football participants who may have fallen on hard times and also provide support and assistance to the families of past and present football participants who have passed on or need their support.
    No offence but I think support from the local Rugby League community would be very very minimal for a sockah game, couldn't imagine too many giving a toss just because one of their favourite sons' Charity is the fundraiser for the event.
    no doubt he mark hughes foundation is worthy cause, though if the goal is to bring "football" together, pass the money onto a football charity.
    if the goal is to bring the "codes" together than have players from both codes on the pitch and split the money between the MHF and a football charity.
    if the goal is simply to raise money from football people to pass on to the MHF, say that, and don't mention anything about being anyone together.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 01-08-2016 at 09:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    I'm the secretary of Hunter Men of Football, happy to help out if required

Banned
    zero assists in his career.
    no wonder you blokes don't rate him.
    Statistics don't tell the full story

Agreed, I think Men of Football is the way to go.

Statistics don't tell the full story
    Would you say Daylight is better than Alves or Iniesta?

did anyone watch the Matildas this morning?
    is it just me but since egman officially became assistant coach, have they actually won a game

Not sure if already posted.
    blah blah blah from Mr Lee to ESPN.
    As China and Australia become ever more intertwined, there is one humble club leading the way in nurturing the relationship between the two countries from a football perspective.

A-League outfit the Newcastle Jets have recently been purchased by Chinese businessman Martin Lee, and his dream of connecting his homeland with Australia -- the current champions of Asia -- is starting to come to fruition.

Lee, who also invests heavily in Chinese football through Shenzhen Renren, as well as European football, could become one of the game's more influential figures in time. For now, though, with the Jets' first competitive game under his ownership about to take place -- an FFA Cup tie with Melbourne Victory at Broadmeadow on Wednesday night -- Lee is simply enjoying the potential that exists within his investment.

"China and Australia are close partners, and are relatively complementary," Lee told ESPN FC.

"Football is a significant link, and Newcastle Jets will be an essential carrier not only to promote the cultural, sports and tourism communication between the two countries, but also the same with Newcastle and Shenzhen as cities.

"This acquisition will cause great chemical reactions both for China and Australia."

It is clear that Lee's aspirations are lofty. But with Newcastle having not qualified for the A-League finals series in six seasons, there is much for the CEO and Chairman of the Ledman Group to accomplish before he reaches his ultimate goal.

An area which the new Jets owner has already claimed victory is in the retention of key staff, led by gifted young coach Scott Miller. The former Fulham assistant demonstrated great leadership throughout his first season in charge, taking the Jets to the brink of a post-season appearance.

Now that Miller has had time to bring in the likes of Englishman Wayne Brown and local product Andrew Hoole ahead of the 2016-17 campaign, it appears the future is once again bright for a club which resides in one of Australia's football heartlands.

Martin Lee says that the Newcastle Jets will play an essential role in the growing relations between China and Australia.
    Before embarking on the next A-League season, however, the Jets must negotiate a tricky passage through the FFA Cup. They have drawn traditional powerhouse Melbourne Victory, which is likely to provide Miller's charges with a stern test.

Regardless of that result, or that of any match in the early part of the season, Lee's commitment to Miller's vision and the club more generally should remain unwavering.

"I'm a huge fan of football since my college years," said Lee.

"Eight years ago, Ledman sold its high-tech LED products to the European leagues and started its connection with football.

"In 2011, we became the official cooperative partner of the Chinese Super League -- it was a milestone for our investment in the football industry.

"Later, our industrial chain in football fields expanded through China, investing in Shenzhen Renren, naming the Portuguese second division, the Lega Pro, and now the acquisition of Newcastle Jets.

"Up to now, football has grown to be an essential part of me."

This personal passion speaks to the growing love of football in the world's most populous country which, in turn, breeds a burning desire to win. Chinese Super League clubs continue to lure some of the world's best talent away from Europe, though the national team remains unable to claim its first major international trophy.

Jets manager Scott Miller led Newcastle to the brink of an A-League finals appearance under trying circumstances last season.
    The pressure to advance Chinese football is something Lee is relishing, with the 2008 A-League champions, the Newcastle Jets, clearly set to play a pivotal role in an exchange of football knowledge.

"Based on the ambition of the Chinese society to promote football, I hope I can play an important part in the progress of the Chinese football industry achieving huge success and victory in the next 20 years," Lee said.

"Chinese society speaks highly of the acquisition of a top A-League club like the Newcastle Jets."

Lee's enthusiasm appears the perfect tonic for the Jets, who endured a tumultuous five-year period under controversial former owner Nathan Tinkler.

Renewed investment and belief seem to be flooding back into the club in equal measure, which can only aid Lee and Miller in their mission to send the Jets back to the pinnacle of Australian football.

In decades to come, China and Australia will share bonds like never before through all facets of life. And the Newcastle Jets -- a modest club from a regional coal-mining city -- will have been heavily involved in this evolution.

This week, when the players take to the pitch at a small suburban ground in Broadmeadow, that journey truly kicks off.

And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    did anyone watch the Matildas this morning?
    is it just me but since egman officially became assistant coach, have they actually won a game
    Didn't watch but caught the highlights and from this we can safely assume the EJ U15s would beat the Canadians by 5

On another note they want to be paid to play??

Seen a bunch of players making mistakes not acceptable in U 10s

Absolute joke the taxpayer funds them now with handouts as it is

Not sure if already posted.
    blah blah blah from Mr Lee to ESPN.
    "Humble". Jeez!