Been reading Timmy's autobiography the past couple weeks and towards the end (pg 349) there was something that really caught my eye....

"I definitely plan to return to Australia, but only when the time and conditions are right. I can see myself OWNING an A-League club in the future. But I'd have to do it on my terms, make sure I could do it according to a long-range vision: that I'd have control right across the board ......If I do have the opportunity to run an A-League club, it would have to be from the grassroots level up to the top professionals, the way I learned it in England"

He also goes on about the "Everton Method"...."designed so that every single year one player comes up from the Academy to play in the first team. That's a tough ask - taking kids up to the level where they can quickly move from the U/18's to the reserves to the first team. BUT YOU HAVE TO SET THE BAR HIGH. IF NOT, YOU'RE SETTLING FOR MEDIOCRITY"

I remember when it was first mentioned that Del Piero was in SFC's sights, 99.9% of people would have scoffed at the idea. The same now for Tim Cahill to become the Jets new owner may seem like a pipe dream but why not?

In my opinion he would be a perfect fit for our club, playing for the likes of Millwall and then Everton against the big clubs. He has that underdog/backs-to-the-wall mentality that would fit right into Newcasle's football culture against the big city teams.
Throughout his career he has always been a thorough professional, very meticulous in his whole approach to the game....this is exactly what we need at this club, someone to take control and put a rocket up everyones arses....from the players, to the coaching staff and Management.

No doubting we have the numbers in this region with participation rates and crowd numbers to be a strong club but the fact is we need a big, strong personality like Cahill's to drive it.....to get the ball rolling. Realistically we have no one in this town with a big enough profile and personality who is going to create the excitement and to have Corporate businesses clambering to come on board with the Jets like Cahill would.

I believe he still has another year on his contract with Shenhua but he is getting on in years, 35-36 I believe, surely we need to put some interest out to him and at least get some lines of communication happening to see if he would be interested.

The Newy lifestyle would be great for his young family too