Page 107 of 242 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,140 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Oh. And the referendum in Britain is not binding as there was no Slobs option.

Banned
    It is rather funny the fall out from the leftist parasites who lost with the Brexit vote

Calling on old people to be banned from voting
    Calling anyone who voted leave bigots
    Calling for a revote as they lost

Seems like democracy is only a popular concept when they are on the winning side.

Also seems like the real bigots are being exposed

The only thing worse than seeing Shorten front the Labor party is seeing those 2 bozos Tony Burke and Chris Bowen speak to camera.
    What a pair of assholes.

Pre poll ftw. No waiting. The senate paper is another tablecloth with every option.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    The only thing worse than seeing Shorten front the Labor party is seeing those 2 bozos Tony Burke and Chris Bowen speak to camera.
    What a pair of assholes.
    I wonder what the Liberals are paying them to destroy labour ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I wonder what the Liberals are paying them to destroy labour ?
    Labour jobs are distinct. The Labor Party however might win this

Gotta say, the Daily Telegraph has played this campaign to perfection.
    Didn't think they'd pull it off.
    Credit where it's due though.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Pre poll ftw.
    OK

Pre poll ftw.
    Plenty of stories coming out with volunteers going the biff too.
    Sounds like the place to be.
    Might head down tomorrow to stir the pot.

I need to hear Antony Green announce the winners or its just not official. I also have to ask him "are you free Mr Humphries"

Banned
    Scary thought Bill Shorten could be PM in a few hours

FMD

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Scary thought Bill Shorten could be PM in a few hours

FMD
    could be a hung parliament. Smallest dix ever though

Banned
    could be a hung parliament. Smallest dix ever though
    Nah man we had Abbott before.

You catch him in his budgie smugglers??

He the winner

Both major parties have taken a hammering with a lot of people voting for the smaller / alternative parties.
    Labour voters are again in for a long hard battle in opposition as they tossed everything they had into this election and fell a long way short on the primary vote. The next election for labour will be a massive defeat as regardless of the state of the economy they have pretty shown the coalition their hand.
    Turnbull on the other hand has done sweet FA in the top job and yet he's survived for another term in office. No doubt Turnbull would feel very confident that he can do as he pleases from now on knowing that Bill Shorten will never beat him in an election.

yet he's survived for another term in office
    I doubt it. This was Turnbull's to lose, and he almost did. Not a soul in Labor expected to win. Shorten's a cardboard man, yet he's pulled off what Laborites thought couldn't be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    I doubt it. This was Turnbull's to lose, and he almost did. Not a soul in Labor expected to win. Shorten's a cardboard man, yet he's pulled off what Laborites thought couldn't be done.
    Turnbull got over the line using nothing special to win votes. Shorten unleashed everything he had and still lost. That's the issue. Next time Shorten won't be able to win votes on the back of a Medicare scare campaign and the failures of the real economy don't seem to have to have bothered voters enough either.

What I'd like to see is a graph of the ALP popular vote over the last ten elections to grasp just where Shorten has the ALP positioned.

Note: Beazley's 1998 Election where the ALP received a higher percentage of the popular vote and yet didn't win enough seats. I think this was all on the back of the GST.

Next election the GST bunny was out of the box, the ALP had nothing to attack with [ much like when Medicare is a non issue next election for Turnbull vs Shorten].
    Last edited by The Dunster; 03-07-2016 at 01:31 PM.

Banned
    Turnbull got over the line using nothing special to win votes. Shorten unleashed everything he had and still lost. That's the issue. Next time Shorten won't be able to win votes on the back of a Medicare scare campaign and the failures of the real economy don't seem to have to have bothered voters enough either.

What I'd like to see is a graph of the ALP popular vote over the last ten elections to grasp just where Shorten has the ALP positioned.

Note: Beazley's 1998 Election where the ALP received a higher percentage of the popular vote and yet didn't win enough seats. I think this was all on the back of the GST.

Next election the GST bunny was out of the box, the ALP had nothing to attack with [ much like when Medicare is a non issue next election for Turnbull vs Shorten].
    Absolute bullshit

Turnbull will be judged on what he does in the next 3 years and nothing else

He has shown himself to be struggling at the job the last 9 months

You put him in a position now where he has to bend over and deal with the minor parties in both the HOF and Senate as he is going to have to do to get everything through and he will suffer more

Look at the shitfight Gillard and Labor had in 2013 with the split Parliament

They had to build unhealthy alliances with the minor parties and struggled as a Government. Come election time a dickhead like Abbott walked it.

If Turnbull wins the next election it will be a ****ing miracle

Shorten will be PM of Australia

It won't be this week but it will be in 2019 guaranteed

yeah see this oft parroted line always gets me.
    so what exactly what are the things he has 'struggled at' in the job and what exactly were you expecting of him when he inherited the job?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Absolute bullshit

Turnbull will be judged on what he does in the next 3 years and nothing else

You put him in a position now where he has to bend over and deal with the minor parties in both the HOF and Senate as he is going to have to do to get everything through and he will suffer more

Look at the shitfight Gillard and Labor had in 2013 with the split Parliament

They had to build unhealthy alliances with the minor parties and struggled as a Government. Come election time a dickhead like Abbott walked it.

If Turnbull wins the next election it will be a ****ing miracle

Shorten will be PM of Australia

It won't be this week but it will be in 2019 guaranteed
    5 Star post. Straight to the point - say's what he means. Loving it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    yeah see this oft parroted line always gets me.
    so what exactly what are the things he has 'struggled at' in the job and what exactly were you expecting of him when he inherited the job?
    He has done such a good job he actually has made Bill Shorten look like a worthy person to be PM

When he came in after ousting Abbott he had a huge leaf in the opinion polls

He quickly whittled it away as the nation lost confidence in him

He has survived by the skin of his teeth not because of his policies or his leadership but more so in the country has little faith in Labor and Shorten

Look at his speech last night. Carried on like a sore loser. Labor lied with their Medicare campaign.
    Well **** me it is politics they all ****ing lie

Short memories they must have in the Liberal party when they have got plenty of milage out of lies themselves at election time

Gee he must have forgotten the Liberals lies about kids being thrown overboard to get themselves reelected

The bloke has achieved nothing.

He stole the PM spot just as Julia did and will meet the same fate as her

Either he will get overthrown just as Julia did by Abbott or Morrison and co

Or he will make it to the next election after stumbling along achieving nothing and see the Liberals get smashed just as Labor did in 2013