Page 110 of 242 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 2,181 to 2,200 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    I had a screaming child strapped to my chest trying to fill out the senate form, some cranky pensioner old woman next to me getting pissed off that said child was screaming

I think I ended up putting a number 4 in the box for the Illinois Nazi Party
    If only there was a 'mandatory euthanasia party'

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    how's that senate paper ffs though, absolutely struggled to get 6 boxes filled there with all the ghoulish monsters on it
    Got to love how the thing is half a tree wide.

The thing is that big you need both of the ends of it up the walls of your little booth and then have to drag the ****er back and forth to fill out your numbers.

Then they get you to put it in a giant box that holds a grand total of 4 of the ****ers

My election day...

* Half hour queues
    * Having wasted paper shoved in your face when you know what you are voting on
    * Sausage sizzle, cake stall and coffee truck strategically placed along said queue with no money
    * Not enough voting booths and another wait
    * 3 people in their 70s trying to find your name, asking for your address again when your wife just got ticked off
    * Interminable time to sign and handover both ballots (I did that very job at the same booth in Kevin 07 and no it just gets done cos it always has and is informal if it isn't)
    * The struggle to get to the end of the Senate paper to vote for the Sex Party AND now having to number another 5 boxes
    * Hitting another sausage sizzle as you leave the hall.

Please, please, please why don't we spend the dosh for online voting?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    My election day...

* Half hour queues
    * Sausage sizzle, cake stall and coffee truck strategically placed along said queue with no money
    * 3 people in their 70s trying to find your name, asking for your address again when your wife just got ticked off
    * Interminable time to sign and handover both ballots (I did that very job at the same booth in Kevin 07 and no it just gets done cos it always has and is informal if it isn't)
    * The struggle to get to the end of the Senate paper to vote for the Sex Party AND now having to number another 5 boxes

Our internet couldn't handle it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    My election day...

* Half hour queues

Go do the pre voting in future.

About 8 years ago I was going away on the day of council election. So had to go vote early as we were leaving at sparrow fart and wouldn't be back for a few days

So I had to do it early.

Located the place via the internet and it was an unused building in the Industrial estate on Hillsborough Rd
    Went out and done the deed on a Monday

Rocked up. Parked 3 metres from the door.
    Walked in there was one other person voting. Got the name ticked off and done the deed and was out the ****ing door and on my way within 3 mins

No ****ing around at schools or what not and parking 3 blocks away after driving around for 10 mins unable to find a ****ing park

The parasites handing out the how to vote shit are less keen

Since that day I make a point of voting early

I just tell them some Bullshit
    Like I working
    Like I going overseas
    Or some other useful excuse

They don't check up on you

This election i voted a week and a bit before. Was getting blood taken at a pathology joint at Charleston Square
    Spotted the ****ers across the road. Blood taken and straight over and done.

This was just opportunistic this time

Do what I did... go interstate. The booth in Hunter Street was basically empty. Same experience as the member. Parked out front, straight in and straight out.

Definitely doing that or pre voting in future.

I early voted Wednesday last week after work at around 4pm. There were a fair few people, more than I expected, doing similar. There were two 70+ elderly couples doing it then too. One of the elderly ladies complained about how busy it was and that she pre-votes to avoid this "hussle & bussle" on the actual election day. The other oldies agreed and frowned at all of us. I then told said lady that she probably should vote during work hours because she probably wasn't doing anything then anyway, where the rest of us in the place all had work uniforms on. Lady was shocked, appalled, said something about "young chaps these days" and I'll probably never see her again, because I hope I actually gave her a pretty good life tip.
    OK

the more I listen to them the more I'm convinced that One Nation/Xenophon and Hinch in the senate will be a good thing for the country.
    There is a good chance they will vote legislation on its merits and do it in the best interest of the country.

Well I read up on prepolling and it looks like the secret is out - the AEC won't check your excuse and are actually happy for more people to use the flexibility. In fact - 2.5 million voters went prepoll this time, which is why it is of such interest in a close election.

A prepoll in Qld says it sold over 700 sausage sangas at PREPOLL ! So it looks like more will be using it from now on and it won't be as quiet.

dear god the state of some of the gronks telling us they don't want to be oppressed or ridiculed for voting one nation.

same with hanson herself. stand by your hot takes, no matter how wrong they are.

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    dear god the state of some of the gronks telling us they don't want to be oppressed or ridiculed for voting one nation.

same with hanson herself. stand by your hot takes, no matter how wrong they are.
    Oh man if you want a laugh and to get a better understanding of her appeal/ridicule go read her policy on both marriage equality and Islam.

(To me) one is a quite measured/reasonable discussion on how it should be treated, the other is a rambling collection of nonsense that seems to be written by a crazy person.

i do giggle at Lib voters looking down their noses at Hanson yet just let Corey Bernardi sit over there spitting hot fire out his ass.

It's ok - Corey is launching his own RWNJ movement because the Libs aren't quite conservative enough for him. But he "isn't quitting the party".
    Will be much like the Republican/Tea Party schism over in US except with less NRA.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Wilkie and mcgowan have agreed to support libs on supply and confidence.

Also, Americans and guns.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post

Also, Americans and guns.
    nah man.
    with celebrities leading the charge I'm sure a rational, peaceful solution is just around the corner...............
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    nah man.
    with celebrities leading the charge I'm sure a rational, peaceful solution is just around the corner...............
    Why the hell is Mischa Barton on Hawks boat ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Why the hell is Mischa Barton on Hawks boat ?
    Obviously waiting her turn.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Obviously waiting her turn.

sorry, didint know you were out there cmon in

It's really not nice in Nice...FFS
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

i mean this RNC has been going one day and its hot fire already.
    is it that difficult to find a good speechwriter in a country of 350 odd million?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG