Page 158 of 242 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208 ... LastLast
Results 3,141 to 3,160 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    she out there earning that bread for her man like all good women should.
    The war helped a lot to earn that privilege.

Now im forced to play tennis and not work more often. spewin.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post

Now im forced to play tennis and not work more often. spewin.
    thank you for your service
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

im going to make the argument that Donald Trump is the mos effective US President of my lifetime.

How many others have actually followed through on their election promises?

not saying i agree with everything. but i am saying hes ploughing ahead with policy, which is what the Boss is supposed to do.

"Let me be clear. Israel's security is sacrosanct. It is non-negotiable.
    "The Palestinians need a state that is contiguous and cohesive, and that allows them to prosper — but any agreement with the Palestinian people must preserve Israel's identity as a Jewish state, with secure, recognised and defensible borders.
    "Jerusalem will remain the capital of Israel, and it must remain undivided. I have no illusions that this will be easy."
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Milo Yiannopoulos is the ultimate Wind Up Merchant. Discuss.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    The lefties always bite - didn't know who the guy was until the protest was the lead story on NBN news the other night. Really if they kept quiet and ignored the guy (and we are a country open to free speech I thought), nobody would have been any wiser. But no, lefties believe anything they don't agree with has to be violently protested against.

We live in a country where unions have convinced us that blokes need to be paid more to be on leave with leave loading. Our system, an incredible amount of the time, rewards people not being at work ops:
    Spot on - I offer flextime as a prime example.

I used to have staff who were paid to do 25 transactions a day. The lazy ones would drag the day out with their smokoes, desk meetings and 45 minute morning teas to the maximum 10 hours and pick up a flex day once a fortnight.

The efficient ones, would come in head down and knock off the target in about 6 hours. You took ages to get a flex day and you would be dumped with more work if you decided to read the paper in the time you saved and get no reward.

I once suggested your pay should be based on your output, not the number of hours you worked and that if you finished your allocation at 12pm then (quality control allowing) you could go home as just reward for efficiency. The union heads didn't get it.

Wiki on their annual donation drive - cough up team, time (again) to give to the true legitimate deserving site.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    im going to make the argument that Donald Trump is the mos effective US President of my lifetime.

How many others have actually followed through on their election promises?

not saying i agree with everything. but i am saying hes ploughing ahead with policy, which is what the Boss is supposed to do.
    Agreed. It's also a case of Trump being the only one to go to the polls with any policies - something I don't recall anyone else since Kennedy actually doing [and even he was pretty vague].
    Since then it's been a lot of empty slogans from both sides - and hidden agendas as well.

We live in a country where unions have convinced us that blokes need to be paid more to be on leave with leave loading. Our system, an incredible amount of the time, rewards people not being at work ops:
    You can't be serious ? Unions haven't been able to convince anyone of anything for over 40 years - that's why wages have been flat or falling since that time. The Wages Accord was probably the last straw when workers were tricked into gifting productivity gains solely to their employers.
    Then you have the increase in casual and precarious employment which has pretty much taken away holidays, penalty rates , and other entitlements for a growing pool of workers.

The real attack should be on the leisure classes and other non-productive ivory tower types that make plenty of coin but produce absolutely nothing.

As soon as you hear the word flexibility mentioned it's time to either run or start throwing punches.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 08-12-2017 at 02:36 PM.

Wiki on their annual donation drive - cough up team, time (again) to give to the true legitimate deserving site.
    Why would anyone donate to that useless pile of shit ? Far too many ideologically motivated articles on it, not too mention the many that are just plain wrong. To think that students would actually use google or indeed wiki for research purposes is very sad.

I'd rather throw dollars at this site than wiki.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 08-12-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Why would anyone donate to that useless pile of shit ? Far too many ideologically motivated articles on it, not too mention the many that are just plain wrong. To think that students would actually use google or indeed wiki for research purposes is very sad.

I'd rather throw dollars at this site than wiki.
    I don't think I grabbed a book off a shelf in the library during my degree.

Funnily enough my brief wiki search ( ops: ) says the unions got leave loading in 40 odd years ago

On your rant about wiki, dunster, [citation needed] pal
    OK

Funnily enough my brief wiki search ( ops: ) says the unions got leave loading in 40 odd years ago

On your rant about wiki, dunster, [citation needed] pal
    Leave loading was around long before the 1970's. My grandfather was an engine driver [a trade which no longer exists]and received leave loading in the 1930's - much like many other shift workers did.

Where would we start on wiki? Biographies alone are just absolutely insanely incorrect on Wiki. Ian Gillan the singer from Deep Purple has been on record several times disputing the so called facts about him and his family on wiki..

More importantly have you done our KOTH selections yet ?
    Last edited by The Dunster; 08-12-2017 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I don't think I grabbed a book off a shelf in the library during my degree.
    You wouldn't need to either - you can get a HD in pretty much any degree these days rote learning past exam papers.

The reasons for that are vast but one of the main ones is the administrative load on academics now simply takes up too much of their time. The result being you just rehash the same syllabus over and over to get paid - and do your best to find time around the useless admin to actually get some research done. In the past students could seek an audience with academics, even go directly to the source in many cases - now most academics really only know a student if they are supervising their dissertations.

Which is sad because we have all these so called experts running around and yet they know sweet **** all because they pretty much rote learned exam papers- especially when it comes to economics, mathematics, and hard sciences. Other fields I'm not familiar with may be different - but I'd be shocked if they were.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    You wouldn't need to either - you can get a HD in pretty much any degree these days rote learning past exam papers.

The reasons for that are vast but one of the main ones is the administrative load on academics now simply takes up too much of their time. The result being you just rehash the same syllabus over and over to get paid - and do your best to find time around the useless admin to actually get some research done. In the past students could seek an audience with academics, even go directly to the source in many cases - now most academics really only know a student if they are supervising their dissertations.

Which is sad because we have all these so called experts running around and yet they know sweet **** all because they pretty much rote learned exam papers- especially when it comes to economics, mathematics, and hard sciences. Other fields I'm not familiar with may be different - but I'd be shocked if they were.
    I hardly talked to my supervisor during my thesis either. It was pretty much off my own bat and browsing forums and experimentation etc.
    Some students spent a fair bit of time with the professors and built rapport.
    A lot of the professors did have the time of day for you if you wanted to, it just wasn't taken up that often I don't think. And as you said they would be too busy to volunteer it.

I don't think I used exam papers much during my time there except when they were given out as assignments or practice work during tutorials, which did happen a little. But my approach wasn't to memorise the questions but more so peel them back to see the underlying patterns so you can impose your method and thoughts on new hypotheticals. No doubt a lot of people would have though. Its a more efficient way to get good marks. Just not to get understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I hardly talked to my supervisor during my thesis either. It was pretty much off my own bat and browsing forums and experimentation etc.
    Some students spent a fair bit of time with the professors and built rapport.
    A lot of the professors did have the time of day for you if you wanted to, it just wasn't taken up that often I don't think. And as you said they would be too busy to volunteer it.

I don't think I used exam papers much during my time there except when they were given out as assignments or practice work during tutorials, which did happen a little. But my approach wasn't to memorise the questions but more so peel them back to see the underlying patterns so you can impose your method and thoughts on new hypotheticals. No doubt a lot of people would have though. Its a more efficient way to get good marks. Just not to get understanding.
    Agreed 100%. Unfortunately, from my experience you would be lucky to find one in a thousand students interested in anything more than getting a grade to get them closer to a desired job / income level.

For most actually wanting to understand a subject it comes at a cost - they need to be exceptional and thick skinned.

Venus de Milo soaking up outraged baby tears everywhere. lulz

Trolling the SJWs love it....
    Amigos Aarau

Banned
    Got to love the media government and authorities lying to us all

This thing in Melbourne yesterday

Nah it not terrorism

Yeah right

It a religious man who is from a religion who doesn't allow the use of illicit drugs but also suffers from mental health issues is the reason why a few days out from a cultural / Christian religious festival that runs against his religious beliefs drives a car into a crowd of people like other people from his religious group have recently done around the world and it all down to mental health and drug use and has nothing at all to do with his religious beliefs ??
    FMD

Yet people actually believe the BS story they palming off
    How gullible are these people ??

This country is seriously ****ed when you have clueless Muppets like this allowed to breed

Got to love the media government and authorities lying to us all

This thing in Melbourne yesterday

Nah it not terrorism

Yeah right

It a religious man who is from a religion who doesn't allow the use of illicit drugs but also suffers from mental health issues is the reason why a few days out from a cultural / Christian religious festival that runs against his religious beliefs drives a car into a crowd of people like other people from his religious group have recently done around the world and it all down to mental health and drug use and has nothing at all to do with his religious beliefs ??
    FMD

Yet people actually believe the BS story they palming off
    How gullible are these people ??

This country is seriously ****ed when you have clueless Muppets like this allowed to breed
    Jesus is mentioned in the Quaran 187 times Member. And he's praised not ridiculed. So you must be talking about a religion other than Islam.

If you know anyone that is a Muslim they are puzzled that they respect Jesus yet Christians don't want to offer the same courtesy to Mohammed.

Plenty of information about Mohammed and what he did / achieved during his life time and very well backed up as well I might add. Not so much for Jesus who's importance really doesn't get much of a mention until some 600 odd years after his death.

I might also add that were it not for the Islamic Scholars you would not even know Christianity existed.

What you are referring to is fundamentalism / extremism and that can apply to all religions - Christianity is no exception.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 22-12-2017 at 02:08 PM.