Page 49 of 242 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

maybe instead of hitting the worker they should look at every other grub in the chain trying to make a buck off small business

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Complete and utter bullshit from business on penalty rates.

You want to open on public holidays to cater for customers and line your pockets with silver then pay your staff appropriately to compensate them for their sacrifice of giving up their public holiday

If you ain't making enough money to cover it then charge the customer more to compensate. They want the goods and services on a public holiday then they should pay the premium price for it.

If it don't add up then shut your doors and have the day off like every other **** cause that is what it is a Public Holiday
    ARROGANT ****S
    'Line your pockets with silver'?
    'Sacrifice of giving up their public holiday'?

You forgot 'Ivory towers' and 'the big end of town' in your 'Newcastle Herald letters section bingo'.

So what sort of 'sacrifice' is given for working the 27th April which is being lobbied to include as a public holiday?
    Where is the 'sacrifice' in working before 5pm on a Thursday and after 5pm on a Thursday?
    Exactly why is a Sunday considered more of an inconvenience to work than a Saturday? Aren't they both weekend days?

Penalty rates as they are today are the product of a very different economy and workplace to when they were first introduced.

They need to be altered to reflect our modern society.
    I'm not saying abolish them. There are very real instances where workers deserve more money.
    Having 14 staff under you vs having 15 staff under you isn't one of them.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

If paying some poor bastard penalty rates is going to break the business then you really should get another job.
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    You are easily the worst person on this forum. Srs.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    If paying some poor bastard penalty rates is going to break the business then you really should get another job.
    Conversly if a person need penalty rates to survive then perhaps they need to get a better paying job or go for a 3 bedroom home in Wallsend instead of house in Cooks Hill.

It's all relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    Penalty Rates. All this hoopla is why the minimum wage needs to be scrapped.

Keep the penalty rates but scrap the minimum wage.
    Both need to remain.

In my work, penalty rates enable me to pay my rent, bills and buy food. I don't live in Cooks Hill either, however I rent a 2 bedroom home and will soon have my 2 children (The second due in July) sharing a room, because a 3 Bedroom room at Wallsend will cost me more than I can afford.

All that getting rid of the minimum wage will do is enable employers to pay people like me, who are already at the lower end of the scale of wages, even less.

All that getting rid of penalty rates will do is make it harder for people like me to make ends meet.
    Go jetties

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Both need to remain.

In my work, penalty rates enable me to pay my rent, bills and buy food. I don't live in Cooks Hill either, however I rent a 2 bedroom home and will soon have my 2 children (The second due in July) sharing a room, because a 3 Bedroom room at Wallsend will cost me more than I can afford.

All that getting rid of the minimum wage will do is enable employers to pay people like me, who are already at the lower end of the scale of wages, even less.

All that getting rid of penalty rates will do is make it harder for people like me to make ends meet.
    Bang On

All it is the rich exploiting the poor.

Lets have a look at the effects of the removal of double time and all that from retail. We never had the shops open on the weekend. They closed at 5-6pm at night. Then we got half day Saturday then Thursday night shopping then Sunday trade then public holiday trade then midnight trade. Where the **** does it end. They will trade 365 days a year if they were allowed to

All that changed is the big companies didn't have to pay time and half and double time and double time and a half to have people working Saturdays Sundays and all night.

Last I looked the thieving pricks who have benefited are the shareholders of shopping centre and large supermarket chains cause it defo ain't the rank and file worker and it ain't the community with the effects caused by people being at work having tremendous effects on the family unit

Ps. Skirt boy. **** you for saying "get a better paying job"

Some of us work with little options hey.

Stick to taking photos.
    Go jetties

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    you all wish you could live in Cooks Hill - greatest suburb in Newy

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    I tend to agree.
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    Cooks Hill ? I prob need a visa to visit?
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    Ps. Skirt boy. **** you for saying "get a better paying job"

Some of us work with little options hey.

Stick to taking photos.
    Don't get me wrong mate. I know people do it tough. I grew up in Windale.

The points I'm making is that youth unemployment is chronic problem which is partly caused due to high minimum wage we have in this country.

As a result companies no longer take punts on young people and insist on job seekers having more tickets then what there wallet can handle and already be training up. IE companies are no longer performing training themselves and if you don't have experience forget about it.

Secondly some jobs are not supposed to be 'careers'. It's in my view quite absurd that there are jobs today thanks to the minimum wage that people can live quite comfortably on. A minimum wage should be an amount that only covers the bare basics for a single person. IE a bedsitter/studio apartment, cheap rust bucket/public transportation, utilities and food. Maybe enough spare change for night out. It should not be enough for a person to consider buying a home or living a comfortable life.

In my view having such a high minimum wage people can become complacent. There becomes no insentive to better their situation.

Combine this with penalty rates and it would also stimmy growth in the casual employment sector. I'm old enough to remember a time that going to a labour hire company and getting a few shifts here and there was a viable alternative to being on the dole. Irrespective of how qualified a person was. Or even getting a mate a few days or a weeks work.

It is something we really need to seriously have a look at. In principle the minimum wage and penalty are bloody ideas. However how they have been implemented has been a mistake.

Bang On

All it is the rich exploiting the poor.

Lets have a look at the effects of the removal of double time and all that from retail. We never had the shops open on the weekend. They closed at 5-6pm at night. Then we got half day Saturday then Thursday night shopping then Sunday trade then public holiday trade then midnight trade. Where the **** does it end. They will trade 365 days a year if they were allowed to

All that changed is the big companies didn't have to pay time and half and double time and double time and a half to have people working Saturdays Sundays and all night.

Last I looked the thieving pricks who have benefited are the shareholders of shopping centre and large supermarket chains cause it defo ain't the rank and file worker and it ain't the community with the effects caused by people being at work having tremendous effects on the family unit
    Utter tripe.
    Ignorant ramblings from someone who should know better.

These evil companies you're talking about wouldn't make a cent if it wasn't for people buying their shit. Stop going there and they go broke. Simple.

Oh by the way some of the biggest investors in shopping centres in our country are your so called rank and file 'werkers' super funds.

It's astounding how easy some of you think running your own business is yet won't get off your asses and do it yourselves.

Quote Originally Posted by My2BobsWorth View Post
    Exactly. Thinking you can only open your business on days where you make a profit is delusional.
    Things need to be measured in months and years, not the 5 or so days where public holiday rates exist.

But

The real problem is the complexity of awards and the penalty rates surrounding them.
    The idea of penalty rates isn't the problem, it's the admin that is a nightmare. It can, and should, be made a lot easier than it currently is.

Not against people getting penalties if they have a normal 5 day week and get called in on a weekend or public holiday to do extra.

Against people who work four or five days each week getting extra if any of those days are a weekend, but have their "weekend" during the week.

Also, there are alot of people out there who only want weekend/night work because of those rates, not caring about whether it is a weekend or not.

I used to have staff that whinged if you didn't give them overtime, even if the work wasn't there !

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Utter tripe.
    Ignorant ramblings from someone who should know better.

These evil companies you're talking about wouldn't make a cent if it wasn't for people buying their shit. Stop going there and they go broke. Simple.

Oh by the way some of the biggest investors in shopping centres in our country are your so called rank and file 'werkers' super funds.

It's astounding how easy some of you think running your own business is yet won't get off your asses and do it yourselves.
    These super funds are also topped up by extra super from the penalties rates paid to employees. Forza penalty rates

Also Plague if the 11 days or whatever it is of public holidays are such a burden for employers then they need to look at their competence at running their business.

11 days with extra costs should not be leaving you penniless if you are running your business well.

Maybe the issue really does lie with the employers and their inabilities

Also Plague if the 11 days or whatever it is of public holidays are such a burden for employers then they need to look at their competence at running their business.

11 days with extra costs should not be leaving you penniless if you are running your business well.

Maybe the issue really does lie with the employers and their inabilities
    Yeah you should read my posts first cuz.
    Might learn that we agree on this point.

Also you said that thieving pricks are the ones profiting from shopping centres and your super find is one of those thieving prices so 2+2=A couple of points over bank interest it would seem.

Also: no shopping centres, no A-League. Be careful what you wish for.

We must burn the Westfield immediately inshallah

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    We must burn the Westfield immediately inshallah
    Westfield????
    Dineaway????

When will the caliphate end Q-man????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Not against people getting penalties if they have a normal 5 day week and get called in on a weekend or public holiday to do extra.

Against people who work four or five days each week getting extra if any of those days are a weekend, but have their "weekend" during the week.

Also, there are alot of people out there who only want weekend/night work because of those rates, not caring about whether it is a weekend or not.

I used to have staff that whinged if you didn't give them overtime, even if the work wasn't there !
    I get that, but then why would I, or any other nurse work weekends?

It is a disadvantage working saturdays/sundays over other days. I don't get to go out with mates on a friday/saturday/sunday night. Organising things with extended family is difficult. It comes down to this "if you don't want to work weekends, don't". With that attitude I hope you don't get sick on a saturday or sunday....
    Go jetties

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Westfield????
    Dineaway????

When will the caliphate end Q-man????????????
    it will never end my friend until the heretic stubbins is wiped from the earth or at least sent to coach the youth team