Page 97 of 242 FirstFirst ... 47879596979899107147197 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,940 of 4840

Thread: The Politics/Religion/Conspiracies Deathmatch Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    As for my love life.

I on the run from her as we speak.

It kaput
    Prob for the best.

You were going a bit weird for a bit there.

Plenty more fish in the sea etc etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

and whether these things are done because of bigotry, outdated beliefs or just plain ignorance, it doesn't mean we can't tackle a few issues all at once.
    thats a narrow minded bigoted statement right there and where the lefties fkd it right up when they needed protection to opposite views. One persons opinion need not be ignorance or be bigoted because its against your own. Thats what one says with no real defence. There is no right in society only majority rule outside of the law. Even law might not seem right on many occasion.

If Im against all marriage thats a fair thought and if you oppose it thats ok too. basically, what ever you call the opposing you are being. very kinder isnt it.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    thats a narrow minded bigoted statement right there and where the lefties fkd it right up when they needed protection to opposite views. One persons opinion need not be ignorance or be bigoted because its against your own. Thats what one says with no real defence. There is no right in society only majority rule outside of the law. Even law might not seem right on many occasion.

If Im against all marriage thats a fair thought and if you oppose it thats ok too. basically, what ever you call the opposing you are being. very kinder isnt it.
    Nah. Because you chopped half my sentence off.

Also:
    Because you can be a bigot and also be correct.

People just see the term bigot and auto associate with evil.

But correct that's a consequence of people being too soft to have the conversation.

Nah. Because you chopped half my sentence off.

Also:
    Because you can be a bigot and also be correct.

People just see the term bigot and auto associate with evil.

But correct that's a consequence of people being too soft to have the conversation.
    best thing to chop off is a sentence

best thing to chop off is a sentence
    Bruce Jenner nods in agreement.

ill just leave this here for interested parties

Dr. Richard Chopp
    Dr. Richard Chopp is well known in the Austin community for performing Vasectomies.
    https://www.urologyteam.com/dr-richard-chopp

Yeah as much as I appreciate ideas getting thrown up there for the peeps to discuss like adults, Malcolm's income tax splitting plan is pretty dumb.

Good politics though.

But dumb.

Yeah as much as I appreciate ideas getting thrown up there for the peeps to discuss like adults, Malcolm's income tax splitting plan is pretty dumb.

Good politics though.

But dumb.
    Very Dumb. It's all based on the false assumption that taxes fund government spending. Furthermore it also assumes that the federal government has a budget constraint in terms of $AUS - another false assumption.

You can take the boy out of Goldman Sachs but you can't take the Goldman Sachs ideology out of the boy I guess.

Banned

Good politics though.

But dumb.
    Just rearranging the furniture and not fixing the issues

How about they actually get the razor gangs out to deal with the wasted bureaucracy in government that the taxpayer funds with millions and billions of $$ of tax payer money frittered away by these idiots first.

Then look at raising taxes if need be

Reality is a tax rise is of no use if these ****s in charge waste it anyway

How about they actually get the razor gangs out to deal with the wasted bureaucracy in government that the taxpayer funds with millions and billions of $$ of tax payer money frittered away by these idiots first.

Unfortunately I don't think governments have a monopoly on "wasted bureaucracy" as you call it. Plenty of research to suggest that private enterprise burdens itself with unnecessary red tape / compliance measures. I work with some of the largest corporations on the planet and the level of waste that goes on is beyond belief. Triple handling of any task would be an improvement.

It's not a matter of private enterprise being run by idiots [that's another story altogether] it's about large corporations aiming to stifle innovation and growth in those around them.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 31-03-2016 at 07:46 PM.

if they spent more wisely less tax needed. fk you sydney roads, govt perks

if they spent more wisely less tax needed. fk you sydney roads, govt perks
    That's the problem with a plutocracy. You have a shrinking middle class which means their is absolutely no mechanism to make governments or indeed the corporations that own them accountable for their actions.

People give the member a bit of stick for his religious beliefs but it's really not all that far removed from peoples blind faith in the free market or alternatively communism. Each position being totally reliant upon dogma rather than fact to support their positions.

For every Free market liberal trying to reconcile how poorly their hypothesis explains the way the modern economy actually operates there is a Marxist still trying to reconcile Marx's Labour theory of value which was proven to be completely lacking over 100 years ago.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    capitalism will always lead to inequality

we need a 2% global tax on capital

r > g

where:
    r = rate of return on capital
    g = rate of economic growth

it's very simple - it's just that it would take a global effort to organise it and there would be very, very powerful forces working to try to stop it occurring

of course, if we don't, there will be a revolution – there's only so much inequality a society can take

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post

of course, if we don't, there will be a revolution – there's only so much inequality a society can take

the next Lord Mayoral candidate for Newy that proposes building a wall between us and the Central Coast gets my vote.

**** those povo ass gypsies.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

legit question for all those older and wiser than me:

has any country/society ever gotten the balance right between quality of life and wealth equality ever at any time in history?

because you always seem to read about regimes getting into power with those exact sentiments but it always seems to go to shit once power and wealth starts taking hold. has it ever worked?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

legit question for all those older and wiser than me:

has any country/society ever gotten the balance right between quality of life and wealth equality ever at any time in history?

because you always seem to read about regimes getting into power with those exact sentiments but it always seems to go to shit once power and wealth starts taking hold. has it ever worked?
    fk oath.
    late 1990's here.
    interest rates came down from 15% (or more) to 6%. nearly everyone could afford to buy a house if they had any job. taxes, utilities were ok. beer was reasonable, bands in newy were good.

bands in newy were good.
    Was this peak Funbusters era?

fk oath.
    late 1990's here.
    interest rates came down from 15% (or more) to 6%. nearly everyone could afford to buy a house if they had any job. taxes, utilities were ok. beer was reasonable, bands in newy were good.
    However the Breakers never made the finals
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Was this peak Funbusters era?
    was the end of the 70's (barnes & doors)coverbands era. Some new band played some good Seattle sh1t and old newy went home.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    However the Breakers never made the finals
    90's = chicks>>>>>>>>football

nelly furtado at breakers/united games