Page 178 of 193 FirstFirst ... 78128168176177178179180188 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,560 of 3858

Thread: 2016/17 Squad Thread

If true, good. Given the clubs shallow pockets and 'skill' at recruiting, Morten as a 10 with him?

Thoughts????

If true, goodbye to the big Kokko.

Just tweeted LMcK and asked. His response "not as yet news to me"

The "not as yet' is the interesting bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Just tweeted LMcK and asked. His response "not as yet news to me"

The "not as yet' is the interesting bit.
    It means mind your own business.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Bloke works hard, is a good finisher and has some mongrel. 2 of those 3 things would see him fit in well with us.
    No it wouldn't

Being a born loser who gives up easily and has no heart would be fitting qualities for us

How this bloke going to fit in with the other 20 losers

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    No it wouldn't

Being a born loser who gives up easily and has no heart would be fitting qualities for us

How this bloke going to fit in with the other 20 losers

It could only be 13 losers left thanks to your best mate Scotty Miller signing them all to short contracts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post

It could only be 13 losers left thanks to your best mate Scotty Miller signing them all to short contracts.
    Dont worry

I sure the Chinese Light Salesman and the Gypo CEO can fill up the new signings with born losers as well

So according to herald we are in 'advanced negotiations' with georgevski. Someone on here has been asking for us to go after him for a couple of years.
    Anyway there is a trend I'm noticing and liking about these rumoured acquisitions, and it's not just the gypo striker and georgevski. They are aggressive pricks and mentally tough, something we lack terribly

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    So according to herald we are in 'advanced negotiations' with georgevski. Someone on here has been asking for us to go after him for a couple of years.
    Anyway there is a trend I'm noticing and liking about these rumoured acquisitions, and it's not just the gypo striker and georgevski. They are aggressive pricks and mentally tough, something we lack terribly
    Within a week of living in Newcastle enjoying the beach lifestyle and generally relaxed atmosphere of the town his aggression and mental toughness will disappear. Once the team starts losing and he realises the club is not professionally administered like Melbourne Victory he's going to either throw the towel or start looking for greener pastures. Frustration levels will rise and like Carney and others he's going to hold the club to ransom.

Not to mention how much the clubs going to have to pay for him ? Unless Victory don't want him the Jets will pay double what he's currently on.

If the club was signing ten players of his standard plus 5 marques on top of that I'd be enthusiastic. But Georgevski will be touted by the Jets as the 2nd coming when the reality is he's pretty much the minimum standard any club looking to win the league should be playing.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 25-03-2017 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    That would be me

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Within a week of living in Newcastle enjoying the beach lifestyle and generally relaxed atmosphere of the town his aggression and mental toughness will disappear. Once the team starts losing and he realises the club is not professionally administered like Melbourne Victory he's going to either throw the towel or start looking for greener pastures. Frustration levels will rise and like Carney and others he's going to hold the club to ransom.

Not to mention how much the clubs going to have to pay for him ? Unless Victory don't want him the Jets will pay double what he's currently on.

If the club was signing ten players of his standard plus 5 marques on top of that I'd be enthusiastic. But Georgevski will be touted by the Jets as the 2nd coming when the reality is he's pretty much the minimum standard any club looking to win the league should be playing.
    Absolutely loving this beach lifestyle thing you're banging on about. Almost as if it didn't exist when we won a grand final or were actually doing well? What would you have us do? Move the club to Ipswich or fence off the beach?

Quote Originally Posted by monz6 View Post
    Absolutely loving this beach lifestyle thing you're banging on about. Almost as if it didn't exist when we won a grand final or were actually doing well? What would you have us do? Move the club to Ipswich or fence off the beach?
    We won the grand final when the league didn't allow teams to have seven or eight players outside the salary cap.
    Under the current system the Jets simply do not have the coin to be competitive.
    Players know this but come here anyway because they can essentially get a holiday for a few years and make more than they would elsewhere.
    I mean what do you think someone like Georgevski will get paid to come here ? If it's anything less than double what Victory are offering him I'd be very surprised.
    Back in Cons time players didn't have the leverage they do now given the growth of football in Asia and the fact that players have already tested the waters for them in these other countries / leagues.
    It's not specific to this sport either. Player associations / representation is getting stronger and players are essentially running clubs - especially the smaller less successful ones.
    I'd love to hear what Phil Stubbins views on the club and players were from his time at the Jets. Players told us he had no idea and so on - but how do we know for sure it wasn't a case of a player revolt because he'd upset the status quo of doing **** all for a better than they deserve salary year in year out ?

you guys are gonna get excited about him the same way you did for Boogard aren't you.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    you guys are gonna get excited about him the same way you did for Boogard aren't you.
    Can you imagine Boogaard and Giorgevski having a duel to see who can get sent first who can give away a pen first or who can give away the best foul etc

Comedy gold this will be

If we do though sign Giorgevski it be a great sibning. The bloke has some **** in him
    Not mongrel but ****

And he be our ****

If we do though sign Giorgevski it be a great sibning. The bloke has some **** in him
    Not mongrel but ****

And he be our ****
    I also think this is a decent sibning

Hahaha this George bloke is garbage.

Of course we should fix our constant problem areas of shit attack and shit defence by signing a garbage fullback.

Yay Jetz.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    I also think this is a decent sibning
    He is a terrible sibning.

Of course we should fix our constant problem areas of shit attack and shit defence by signing a garbage fullback.

Yay Jetz.
    Yeah but more lolz which is all we can hope for as Jets fans

Yay Jetz.
    Got any suggestions? In that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Got any suggestions? In that position.
    the Hoff, Cowburn and Vujica are just as good as Georgie, for what seems like a fraction of the cost.

if we've got dolla dolla bills to spend start in the middle of the park where good teams are strong.

after watching Kalfallah play fairly central last night id rather them prioritise him if thats all thats available.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    the Hoff, Cowburn and Vujica are just as good as Georgie, for what seems like a fraction of the cost.

if we've got dolla dolla bills to spend start in the middle of the park where good teams are strong.

after watching Kalfallah play fairly central last night id rather them prioritise him if thats all thats available.
    Your wrong about 1 thing

The bit about Hoffman Cowburn etc being just as good

They aren't

Plus they are not ****s like Georgevski

You remember him trying to Cantona Bitch Nichols??

When has any of our blokes done that since the day Zads won us the F3 derby after 14 seconds when he went straight through the back of a Gypo ??