Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: 2016 FFA Cup Round of 32 | Jets v Victory | Wednesday 3/8/16 @730pm

This is the most pathetic thread I think I've read on the foz.

The usual keyboard warriors full of bravado and criticism basically frothing at the mouth with mania.

Furns should round you up on the next podcast with the management team so you can get your points across....face to face.

another wrist slitter. get in

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

The usual keyboard warriors full of bravado and criticism basically frothing at the mouth with mania.

Furns should round you up on the next podcast with the management team so you can get your points across....face to face.
    But..........they wouldn't have their keyboards

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Sports science??

FfS we play competitively 28 games a year over a 8 month period.
    1 FFA Cup game 27 HAL games.

Being we don't worry about finals ACL or Rd 16 of the Cup etc I am sure elite professional players should be able to cope with this workload
    So are you saying preparation isn't necessary? After all, they're elite professionals only playing 28 games. What's there to prepare for?

The club would struggle to organise a piss up in a brewery.
    And this right here is my biggest problem with your whinging. This constant negativity that you're now spouting toward the club as a whole, despite the recent change in ownership. The club has been a ****ing shambles in the past, I don't bury my head in the sand to that. But what has Lee done wrong in the 5 minutes he's been here? They've got sponsors on board, they've held a fans forum (that you again criticised), they've got their signings done early and with no fuss, compared to all the drawn-out, will he won't he, visa sagas we usually go through. There's been no off-field dramas. But because they haven't played an extra game or two to your liking, suddenly the club is still a basketcase and everything else they've done should be ignored?

McKinna and Miller have both come out several times in the last month or two and clearly stated they aren't going down the route of marquee this season and that it will take some time before Lee decides to open the chequebook. That's his prerogative and as fans we should accept that - if he was driving the club into a hole aka Tinkler, then yeah we should be upset. But give the guy the benefit of the doubt. He's already stated he wants to reach the ACL, so let him do it. If you think this happens overnight, that's your problem. And don't say we've been waiting 8yrs or whatever, because he's not responsible for the previous shit we've endured.

Miller is still working with a team that is not completely of his choosing. Boogaard/Mullen/Kanta are our primary CB options, all of whom were here pre-Miller. As was BK, Cooper, Pav, and Brennan, all of whom I'd replace. If Lee and Miller are choosing to see out their contracts and replace them next year, then so be it. Do we want to be a club that breaks contracts and kicks out players? Pretty sure that sort of attitude is one of many reasons our club was considered a basketcase. We had a reserve goalkeeper on a stupidly high wage for that position and Miller again came out and said he'd rather use BK and save the money for an outfield player. Everything he's trying to do in this club has been totally transparent. The way he's building the team is clear as day. He has a clear plan in mind and he's building it one by one.

I'm not saying Miller is perfect but he's a mile better than the previous "managers" we've had to put up with.
    Last edited by halo se7en; 07-08-2016 at 06:10 PM.

Sports science??

Being we don't worry about finals ACL or Rd 16 of the Cup etc I am sure elite professional players should be able to cope with this workload
    except i was asking someone with actual knowledge on the subject to answer.
    which, yanno, you aren't.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    except i was asking someone with actual knowledge on the subject to answer.
    which, yanno, you aren't.
    Oh I see, You want actual knowledge? No cvnt on here really knows, it's all guess work, even those with long posts or in supposed important positions.

oh the foz pretending to be all knowing

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Oh I see, You want actual knowledge? No cvnt on here really knows, it's all guess work, even those with long posts or in supposed important positions.

oh the foz pretending to be all knowing
    i just want someone to ask Middleby at one of these community engagement love ins etc.
    Horses mouth and all that.

The only real knowledge on the foz is in the Katy v Zooey thread, every knows that.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Actually aside from guessing has anyone ever asked the higher ups if there's a specific reason behind our 'style' of preparation?

Not that I ever expect honest answers from the suits but if they come out and say "budgets mean we can't do it" or "no other HAL teams want to play" or "sports science says we should do it this way" then it'd prob be easier for some on here to understand.
    It was asked at the last sub-committee.
    I asked them about playing the Mariners and cheapening the derby.

It's about budgets, and matching our schedule with other clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    So are you saying preparation isn't necessary? After all, they're elite professionals only playing 28 games. What's there to prepare for?

And this right here is my biggest problem with your whinging. This constant negativity that you're now spouting toward the club as a whole, despite the recent change in ownership. The club has been a ****ing shambles in the past, I don't bury my head in the sand to that. But what has Lee done wrong in the 5 minutes he's been here? They've got sponsors on board, they've held a fans forum (that you again criticised), they've got their signings done early and with no fuss, compared to all the drawn-out, will he won't he, visa sagas we usually go through. There's been no off-field dramas. But because they haven't played an extra game or two to your liking, suddenly the club is still a basketcase and everything else they've done should be ignored?

McKinna and Miller have both come out several times in the last month or two and clearly stated they aren't going down the route of marquee this season and that it will take some time before Lee decides to open the chequebook. That's his prerogative and as fans we should accept that - if he was driving the club into a hole aka Tinkler, then yeah we should be upset. But give the guy the benefit of the doubt. He's already stated he wants to reach the ACL, so let him do it. If you think this happens overnight, that's your problem. And don't say we've been waiting 8yrs or whatever, because he's not responsible for the previous shit we've endured.

Miller is still working with a team that is not completely of his choosing. Boogaard/Mullen/Kanta are our primary CB options, all of whom were here pre-Miller. As was BK, Cooper, Pav, and Brennan, all of whom I'd replace. If Lee and Miller are choosing to see out their contracts and replace them next year, then so be it. Do we want to be a club that breaks contracts and kicks out players? Pretty sure that sort of attitude is one of many reasons our club was considered a basketcase. We had a reserve goalkeeper on a stupidly high wage for that position and Miller again came out and said he'd rather use BK and save the money for an outfield player. Everything he's trying to do in this club has been totally transparent. The way he's building the team is clear as day. He has a clear plan in mind and he's building it one by one.

I'm not saying Miller is perfect but he's a mile better than the previous "managers" we've had to put up with.
    Reasoned viewpoints and discussion.
    You are on the wrong foz mate.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Reasoned viewpoints and discussion.
    You are on the wrong foz mate.
    I'm starting to realise that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post

Nice Rant

Couple of points I will bring up

Kantarovski was given a new contract by Miller so don't go claiming him as a legacy of the past Miller has inherited. Miller has chosen to keep employing him

15 of the 21 players in the squad have by my counts been signed by Miller or given a new deal

Morton
    Stevie U
    Jackson
    Kantarovski
    Hoffman
    Cowburn
    Hoole
    Nabbout
    Alessi
    Brown
    Vujica
    Clut
    Duncan
    Haliti
    Poljak

That is nearly 75%of the squad he has personally responsible for them being here. So cut the bullshit that he inherited this squad. It is now more or less his

Seeing as your quite happy blowing smoke up the new regime. Enlighten us as to what they have done since coming in??

Signed 1 nobody in Nabbout
    Held a fan Forum
    Appointed a Gypo
    Had a junket in China

Now tell me about all these sponsorships they have brought in, all these positive changes that have been initiated??

All I am seeing is the FFA were running us on the smell of an oily rag. Lee has come in and nothing has changed.
    Same shit just someone new picking up the bill

Member - serious question.

Do suffer from PE and don't realise it?

Things take time.

lee's only been paying the bills for a few weeks.
    The place has been a basket case for nearly a decade.

Tinkler came in and threw cash at impressing people getting beckham in town and signing Culina....

I'd rather Lee's more considered approach.

He's focussing on building the brand in china so a Chinese sponsor comes on board and throws cash at the club, giving him more coin to spend where it matters, on the pitch, in the back room staff and facilities, player rehab, scouting, playing decent pre season games, and on jets shaped hats.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 07-08-2016 at 09:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Nice Rant

Couple of points I will bring up

Kantarovski was given a new contract by Miller so don't go claiming him as a legacy of the past Miller has inherited. Miller has chosen to keep employing him

15 of the 21 players in the squad have by my counts been signed by Miller or given a new deal

Morton
    Stevie U
    Jackson
    Kantarovski
    Hoffman
    Cowburn
    Hoole
    Nabbout
    Alessi
    Brown
    Vujica
    Clut
    Duncan
    Haliti
    Poljak

That is nearly 75%of the squad he has personally responsible for them being here. So cut the bullshit that he inherited this squad. It is now more or less his

Seeing as your quite happy blowing smoke up the new regime. Enlighten us as to what they have done since coming in??

Signed 1 nobody in Nabbout
    Held a fan Forum
    Appointed a Gypo
    Had a junket in China

Now tell me about all these sponsorships they have brought in, all these positive changes that have been initiated??

All I am seeing is the FFA were running us on the smell of an oily rag. Lee has come in and nothing has changed.
    Same shit just someone new picking up the bill
    I didn't say he inherited this squad. I said it's still not completely of his choosing. And 6 players you don't believe in is significant when you have a small squad. My bad on Kanta but ultimately our starting CB pairing is still not of Miller's choosing, and probably getting paid too much to be benchwarming.

This is boring and we're going around in circles. You can continue to bash the club at every turn, and I'll continue to 'bury my hand in the sand' and likely get more enjoyment out of parts of this season than you ever will.

if the Jets can impress in China and draw media attention to themselves and Mr Lee when they tour there, I would be very surprised if our new owner doesn't loosen the purse strings a bit more next season in response. a bit of encouragement from a few good results over there and Mr Lee may be convinced the investment is worth the coin, I wouldn't be surprised if we have a proper dig over there, especially if key players are finally match ready
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    if the Jets can impress in China and draw media attention to themselves and Mr Lee when they tour there, I would be very surprised if our new owner doesn't loosen the purse strings a bit more next season in response. a bit of encouragement from a few good results over there and Mr Lee may be convinced the investment is worth the coin, I wouldn't be surprised if we have a proper dig over there, especially if key players are finally match ready
    hope so

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Member - serious question.

Do suffer from
    Yes.
    The answer is yes.
    The answer is always yes.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

This...
    I don't even bother reading the negativity anymore.. Just skim through looking for pictures of hawk's models..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    This...
    I don't even bother reading the negativity anymore.. Just skim through looking for pictures of hawk's models..
    they're in the tennis thread aren't they? I only come on here to check if it has a new post.

Sports science??

Righto calling you out on this one.

It's nothing to do with how often they play during the season and all to do with disrupting a 8 week preparation designed to peak the players for Rd 1. I would bet their was no adjustment or taper for this game as in it was just a prep game. At this stage of the preseason they probably played with heavy legs too.

This debate is quite a silly one as people don't seem to want to face up to the truth. The FFA cup just isn't important, particularly a RD 1 match 6 weeks before the start of the season. It just isn't no matter how many want to wish and hope. If you get through Rd 1 then you start to take it more seriously as you progress and get closer to the HAL proper when players are fit. Rd 1 is just a pre season friendly and always will be......because it's in preseason.

The capital city teams SFC and Victory have the advantage of playing in high profile friendlies. And please don't pretend these are staged as prep for the FFA cup.

At the end of the day preparing for Rd 1 is far more important at this stage. It makes zero sense to get the team training 3 months before the start of the HAL for a 1 off game, because by seasons end the team will be stale. And that's nothing to do with fitness and all to do with motivation and psychology.

You look at how European teams do it. Their preseason is all of 4-6 weeks and they go on mid season training camps to freshen up and refocus. You can be certain their training program is broken into defined blocks with team goals and rewards. All to get the players completely focussed and up for the task.

There is a lot more to it than people think

11 pages on the foz for a NOT important game (Apparently), that's pretty good....
    Well Victory thought it was an important game ....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.