Page 56 of 106 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 2101

Thread: Daily Australian News Thread 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Adelaide have withdrawn all 5 of their Olyroo call ups.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...0f6205359bb940
    Big, harsh call. Would have disrupted their preparation for the FFA Cup even further.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    It's there. You just have to look
    Just don't reference CNN.

#fakenews
    #CNNisISIS
    #hillaryforprison

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Noting that I'm not and never have been one of those 'fapping' over Burns, he at least won A-league player of the year not that long ago. Is anyone here saying he should be getting paid what Riera is on? Not to mention his Oz status which is somewhat favourable in a league with a restricted number of foreigners allowed. He'd be a useful addition to our squad, keeping a marquee spot open.

I think you've missed the point. You've instantly had a go at the club because WSW signed Riera and we're going to sign some 4th rate guy, because you know the inner workings of Merrick and his Sth American contacts.

Personally I think we've had one of the better off-seasons so far of any club in the league. That could change over the coming month but so far we don't have a lot to complain about, unless of course you're MFKS.
    Did I mention your name in relation to Burns??

There is plenty of requests on the Foz for the club to sign the bloke ASAP if you care to look

No I never mentioned anything about wages at all
    I couldn't give a **** what WSW are paying this bloke and nor am I upset they signed him and we didn't

What gives me the hump is that I watch the La Liga and Segunda Liga highlights on Foxtel each week and there are plenty of quality players there on **** all really when you consider what we pay foreigners and marquees in wages

But no our dumb **** club is once again looking for a 4th rate Brazillian

Who let's face it have been notoriously poor at our club and in the league in general

Yet we have this Diego Castro bloke killing it in this league
    Corona killing it when he was here

Yet we not even looking there for something

FFS we should be tapping Iniesta up now

I also disagree we have had that good of a pre season
    We usually wait to the last couple of weeks before we sack the coach so hold your horses

Banned
    On another note Weak Ankles just got out of his contract with his Thai Club

So the bloke is a free agent

..... What price Kokko swapped for Bridge??

NBN said he'd going to WSW
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    NBN said he'd going to WSW
    Ah...is that where Jonesy went?

no chance anyone will take Brown off our hands as well??
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    but you've strangley assumed that the Jets are serious about winning something. They're still only fking around with 6th/7th at best with this motley crew

There is plenty of requests on the Foz for the club to sign the bloke ASAP if you care to look

I couldn't give a **** what WSW are paying this bloke and nor am I upset they signed him and we didn't

What gives me the hump is that I watch the La Liga and Segunda Liga highlights on Foxtel each week and there are plenty of quality players there on **** all really when you consider what we pay foreigners and marquees in wages

Who let's face it have been notoriously poor at our club and in the league in general

We usually wait to the last couple of weeks before we sack the coach so hold your horses
    Possible to have both? Koko leaves burns and foreigner in, obviously the wrong nationality for you but if we get a good 10 with burns, and already having Odonovan, Petratos and Nabbout we are looking pretty sharp in top third!

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    we are looking pretty sharp in top third!
    only 2/3 of the pitch to go.........
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

It's like talking to a 6yr old..

Please name these 4th rate Brazilians that Merrick is looking at signing.

Castro kills it in this league = all Spaniards are good.

Fred kills it in this league = forget that, Brazilians suck.

Maybe we should be checking out more Albanians because of Berisha?

It's like talking to a 6yr old..

Please name these 4th rate Brazilians that Merrick is looking at signing.

Castro kills it in this league = all Spaniards are good.

Fred kills it in this league = forget that, Brazilians suck.

Maybe we should be checking out more Albanians because of Berisha?
    Are you the anti-Membah? Your statements are becoming more bizarre by the day and equally as ludicrous. You both break your arguments down into the most simplistic polar opposites without any depth to it. As shallow as a puddle.

Ernie has been using his Sth American connection for years, originally through the player agent from Melbourne that died a year or two back (whose name escapes me). When Ernie recruited Fred he wasn't the number 1 recruitment choice. Ernie was quoted that he got lucky with Fred who was an after thought in recruiting Allesandro. Who was diabolically bad. Then there was his marquee signing Ricardinho. 2 year deal....didn't last long. Then there is Claudinho, Ney Fabiano, Marvin Angulo, Josey 'Puppy' Lopez. Thats a lot of misses for 2 hits.

Then not many will remember the Jets used the very same contacts in 2007 when GVE went to Brazil on a 'scouting trip'. Went there to see a particular player, met 2 to 3 agents all claiming to represent this player and was taken to a game to find out he was playing or attending. We ended up signing Denni and Drovandi.

At the same time we have 1-2 agents actively offering players from the Segunda to HAL clubs over the last 2-3 years due to the now comparative wages/economic decline in Spain. The hit rate from here is far higher. To suggest that a striker who has played in the La Liga just last season is somehow deficient because he is not scoring regularly in one of the top 4 leagues in the world.......wow thats some blinkers on right there.

But, as Lawrie openly stated on the Jetstream podcast, we do not have any systems in place to scout and recruit players. Just Lawrie and Ernie.

Banned
    Let's look at your Brazilian footballers out there

First level you have your Neymar's your Willian you David Luiz etc

Blokes playing and doing well at elite Champions League level

Second Level you have your other Brazilians clogging up Euro clubs that are nowhere near thee guys level

Third level Brazillians you have these blokes playing in Japan and Korea and the Gulf etc that when you watch in the ACL are still a shit load better than anything in this country

4th level you have blokes like Denni and Ribiero and Leonardo and every other Brazillian failure in the league.

Yes this is the lot we are signing from

As for your point on Fred . Yes had 1 good year 10 years ago but done nothing at Heart .

As for the rest of them in this country very few have been successful at all

But no let's keep banging our heads against a wall signing no name Brazilians

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    Are you the anti-Membah? Your statements are becoming more bizarre by the day and equally as ludicrous. You both break your arguments down into the most simplistic polar opposites without any depth to it. As shallow as a puddle.

Ernie has been using his Sth American connection for years, originally through the player agent from Melbourne that died a year or two back (whose name escapes me). When Ernie recruited Fred he wasn't the number 1 recruitment choice. Ernie was quoted that he got lucky with Fred who was an after thought in recruiting Allesandro. Who was diabolically bad. Then there was his marquee signing Ricardinho. 2 year deal....didn't last long. Then there is Claudinho, Ney Fabiano, Marvin Angulo, Josey 'Puppy' Lopez. Thats a lot of misses for 2 hits.

Then not many will remember the Jets used the very same contacts in 2007 when GVE went to Brazil on a 'scouting trip'. Went there to see a particular player, met 2 to 3 agents all claiming to represent this player and was taken to a game to find out he was playing or attending. We ended up signing Denni and Drovandi.

At the same time we have 1-2 agents actively offering players from the Segunda to HAL clubs over the last 2-3 years due to the now comparative wages/economic decline in Spain. The hit rate from here is far higher. To suggest that a striker who has played in the La Liga just last season is somehow deficient because he is not scoring regularly in one of the top 4 leagues in the world.......wow thats some blinkers on right there.

But, as Lawrie openly stated on the Jetstream podcast, we do not have any systems in place to scout and recruit players. Just Lawrie and Ernie.
    Wow, my statements are bizarre yet you side with one of the most contradictory and confusing posters on this forum?

We've got MFKS claiming he knows exactly who Merrick is going to sign, and how said player is going to fare in our league, while at the same time criticising the club because we didn't sign this Spanish striker who's record is hardly inspiring. And if you're a striker and can't score regularly - 11 goals in his last 78 matches - then yeah, it's possible that he is somewhat deficient, and maybe he's coming to Australia for money that he possibly isn't worth elsewhere. But unlike you two, I actually see both sides of the coin - he may do well here, but I'm not going to slit my wrists that we haven't signed him. Are you telling me you'd be happy to sign this guy for two years on marquee wages? Like **** you would.

If we were offered a player, we'd see complaints from the same boring posters that we can't scout players and would just take whatever player is looking for a cosy holiday and to boost their retirement fund.

If you actually read my initial post about this, you'd realise I have nothing against Spanish players. My problem comes with forum members automatically thinking other's team signings are going to tear up the league and ours are going to automatically suck.

Wow, my statements are bizarre yet you side with one of the most contradictory and confusing posters on this forum?

We've got MFKS claiming he knows exactly who Merrick is going to sign, and how said player is going to fare in our league, while at the same time criticising the club because we didn't sign this Spanish striker who's record is hardly inspiring. And if you're a striker and can't score regularly - 11 goals in his last 78 matches - then yeah, it's possible that he is somewhat deficient, and maybe he's coming to Australia for money that he possibly isn't worth elsewhere. But unlike you two, I actually see both sides of the coin - he may do well here, but I'm not going to slit my wrists that we haven't signed him. Are you telling me you'd be happy to sign this guy for two years on marquee wages? Like **** you would.

If we were offered a player, we'd see complaints from the same boring posters that we can't scout players and would just take whatever player is looking for a cosy holiday and to boost their retirement fund.

If you actually read my initial post about this, you'd realise I have nothing against Spanish players. My problem comes with forum members automatically thinking other's team signings are going to tear up the league and ours are going to automatically suck.
    I am not siding with either of you, you are both as bad as each other at opposite ends of the scale. You both have credible arguments, to some extent, but instead of explaining your point you go straight for the jugular. Maybe the Membah has worn you down to this point but you come across as an apologist now whereas you used to have a reasonable sound arguments that was worth listening to.

Although MFKS opinion was delivered with the usual sledgehammer, behind that there is some proven fact to it. That in the history of the HAL that players recruited from Spanish teams or with a Spanish background have performed better than the recruits from South America. Go back and look at the press from 2007 where the league went crazy for South American players. Every team wanted them regardless of their background or resume.

Please point out where I am "splitting my wrists" on O'riel. You seem to be the one talking him down for some reason. Oriel has a good resume and has scored goals in top leagues. Hopefully for WSW they looked past this, maybe talked his past clubs or contacts and more importantly that he has a lot more fitness and press than Piovicari did.

Take 10 seconds and look at the scoring records of pretty much every visa striker that comes to the HAL. The only striker can think of that came here with a good record is Kokko and look how that turned out. O'Donnovan spent the majority of his career not scoring goals until he took the step down to Brunei. The A-League is and always will be a step down. My point being that goal scoring record is a marker, but not an overly good one for recruiting strikers to this league.

Why you's talking about Brazil when all we know is South American? More to South America then Brazil

I don't see any mention of the failed Spanish players in the league...

Arana, Guardiola and Borda from last season alone. Luzardo, Palanca and Hervas and likely a bunch more who were so forgettable that I forgot them.

Who gives a **** where the players are from? It's irrelevant.

I don't think I mentioned Brazil, but that is where the agents that Ernie has contacts with previously and Ernie has said he is using his contacts. Most of his Visa signings at Victory were Brazilian. Anyway, hopefully we use a little more than just agent recommendations because we can't afford to screw up a marquee signing.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    I don't think I mentioned Brazil, but that is where the agents that Ernie has contacts with previously and Ernie has said he is using his contacts. Most of his Visa signings at Victory were Brazilian. Anyway, hopefully we use a little more than just agent recommendations because we can't afford to screw up a marquee signing.
    Carlos Hernandez was definitely Brazilian.........

On completely different news, Mariners are signing Daniel De Silva. No big surprise as its been mooted for sometime. What is a surprise is that Dom Bossi is saying its a marquee signing. Some very murky business going on there