Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: 2017 All Age/Over 35s/pub league thread

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    in more positive issues relating to All Age

as someone who enters scores for my club in sportTG (whatever Sportingpulse is called these days) - I've realised that the database gets updated at about 6 p.m. on a Saturday evening

so if you get your scores in by 6 p.m. Saturday, it updates straight away and everyone in your grade can know how you went before they leave the pub

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post

as someone who enters scores for my club in sportTG (whatever Sportingpulse is called these days) - I've realised that the database gets updated at about 6 p.m. on a Saturday evening

so if you get your scores in by 6 p.m. Saturday, it updates straight away and everyone in your grade can know how you went before they leave the pub
    The association mentioned a couple years ago in a meeting that it updates at 6:00 pm and midnight

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post

Ive noticed that as well. Most teams seem to have them in for our grade as well.

someone just told our club a Dudley team got stripped of all but 3 of its points for fielding an ineligible player.
    Supposedly only lost one game all year.

oops.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Im from Dudley 035 fri night, can assure u we haven't played ineligible player, we have only lost 1 game all year. Eager to find out more.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    someone just told our club a dudley team got stripped of all but 3 of its points for fielding an ineligible player.

Oops.
    aa/n?

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Im from Dudley 035 fri night, can assure u we haven't played ineligible player, we have only lost 1 game all year. Eager to find out more.
    Yeah well it's been confirmed by 2 different opposing clubs and the table has been updated with the docked points. It's no longer a rumour.

If your team still has their points then you're all good.

Yeah well it's been confirmed by 2 different opposing clubs and the table has been updated with the docked points. It's no longer a rumour.

If your team still has their points then you're all good.
    So what grade is it?, there is a dudley united and dudley snr united club. Interesting to see what team it is?

someone just told our club a Dudley team got stripped of all but 3 of its points for fielding an ineligible player.

oops.
    new rules, no stripping of points, they get booted out now days and I believe there is no debate, guilty and your gone....

which team was it by the way

Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    new rules, no stripping of points, they get booted out now days and I believe there is no debate, guilty and your gone....

which team was it by the way
    Well the clubs say differently. Stripped of all points in games where the illegal player was involved and given as 3-0 wins to opposition. Dudley O/35b (sat) still in the comp on 3pts and expected to field a team next weekend.

Player was/is registered to that team. Problem was he has only recently turned 35.

Quote Originally Posted by Charman View Post
    Player was/is registered to that team. Problem was he has only recently turned 35.
    Correct. Not the worst breakage of the rules and possible that it was just a poor reading of the rules.

Or maybe not.

Regardless, decisions made and we all move on.

Well actually I don't need to move on because it doesn't affect me.

New to Newcastle

Hi everyone - I've just moved up to Newcastle (Garden Suburb). Playing out the rest of the season in Sydney for an O35's mid-level team and trying to find a local club for next season. Want a friendly club & team that ideally carries on playing / training for fun & fitness over the summer months. Not fussed about level, but a well maintained home pitch would be nice. Any suggestions? Also, what football association covers the Newcastle area? Cheers Andy

Quote Originally Posted by AndyM View Post
    Hi everyone - I've just moved up to Newcastle (Garden Suburb). Playing out the rest of the season in Sydney for an O35's mid-level team and trying to find a local club for next season. Want a friendly club & team that ideally carries on playing / training for fun & fitness over the summer months. Not fussed about level, but a well maintained home pitch would be nice. Any suggestions? Also, what football association covers the Newcastle area? Cheers Andy
    Hi Andy,

A good start would be to contact Garden Suburb FC. They will have a side for you. They also run a "Summer 6s" that their over 35s team plays in. It's a good way to "test drive" the blokes to see if you like them before signing on for the winter season.

New Lambton are also relatively close to you and have had a very popular over 35s only 6 a side summer comp for the last decade or so. You could always get in touch with them and see if any teams need an extra player for summer 6s and then join their winter team if you enjoy the blokes.

I reckon joining any of those two comps is gonna help you meet the right people close to home.

Quote Originally Posted by forzaviola View Post
    Hi Andy,

A good start would be to contact Garden Suburb FC. They will have a side for you. They also run a "Summer 6s" that their over 35s team plays in. It's a good way to "test drive" the blokes to see if you like them before signing on for the winter season.

New Lambton are also relatively close to you and have had a very popular over 35s only 6 a side summer comp for the last decade or so. You could always get in touch with them and see if any teams need an extra player for summer 6s and then join their winter team if you enjoy the blokes.

I reckon joining any of those two comps is gonna help you meet the right people close to home.
    Thanks mate - what's the association up here? (So I can check out the league tables & find details of home grounds etc.)

Andy, I'm the president of Garden Suburb. Feel free to send me a message to have a chat about the club.

We have a few O35 teams as well as All Age. Teams cross most grades as well as giving friday night and Saturday options.

As mentioned over summer we run a Summer Sixes comp on a Tuesday night. It starts the first week of October. We run a full canteen with a licensed bar these nights so there is always people sticking around for a chat.

There is also about 10 clubs within a very short drive of Garden Suburb so there is a lot of options. You won't have an issue finding a team.

Thanks mate - what's the association up here? (So I can check out the league tables & find details of home grounds etc.)

This link will help you with what teams are in different grades.

http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_p...-0-0-0&a=COMPS

Just to be a local quicker, say it as, Garden Suburbs, love for life right there.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Just to be a local quicker, say it as, Garden Suburbs, love for life right there.