Page 20 of 135 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    The only person in the HAL with a more punchable face than Nichols is Hoole...
    Broxham is up there
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I personally wouldn't mind Nichols. Sign him up

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Nichols is far and above anyone we've had at this club in years. Let's not kid ourselves. Outside of troisi I'd say he's the most creative Aussie in the comp. (obvs better ones overseas). Sign him. Solves an issue at no.10 and keeps a visa spot open
    Bhahahahaha.

He's garbage.

Also: Jedinak.

Bhahahahaha.

He's Gypo garbage.

Just get 2 lightning quick Azian wingers and we'll win the comp with the bozos we have and SuperCoach Ernie.

Banned
    Hey for those of you wanting Bitch Nichols

Remember when our new hero Georgevski tagged him studs up around the knee caps ??

I bet you Bitch Nichols hasn't forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Bhahahahaha.

He's garbage.

Also: Jedinak.

Bhahahahaha.

He's Gypo garbage.

Just get 2 lightning quick Azian wingers and we'll win the comp with the bozos we have and SuperCoach Ernie.
    Please. Nichols is not garbage. Do I think there's better no.10s out there? Sure. Do I think there's better Aussie no.10s? Sure. But all are playing overseas and staying there bar troisi. He doesn't take a Visa spot and is a good attacker by A-League standards.
    Ok I'll ask a question of you. Who on our books has more vision and creativity than him to play that role?

Ok I'll ask a question of you. Who on our books has more vision and creativity than him to play that role?
    we don't have a no#10 do we?

isn't that our problem?

why do we need to sign an Aussie #10?

get a foreigner like WSW, Perth, City, Brisbane etc etc etc.

besides, from memory Ernie played fat carlos as a 10 but he was too fat to get up field so he was essentially a dm anyway and he just sprayed it to the wingers and they crossed it to Danny ****ing Allsop and won the comp.

Surely the Ooga Booga man can spray similar passes yeah?

More to the point is how a Merrick coached team would use someone like Assface Nicholls anyway yeah.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 8.06.33 PM.jpg

Have I missed anyone?

From this its clear to see we need a number 10, another centre back, a winger to replace Hoole, a defensive midfielder and someone to play along side ROD.

Milligan is signing for Al Shabab so we can rule him out, If were going down the Australian path for a CDM Paartalu is available, Andy Rose is a name from left field who is out of contract.

Nathan Burns could easily fill the winger spot but I think he is to good to be wasted out wide in the A-league, him and ROD uptop could be a lethal pairing.

Central Defender wise who here would be opposed to having Taylor Regan as a back up defender? He has had a good season with adelaide, and may not demand a huge part of the cap

Which then potentially leaves us with having an international player to fill the winger spot, Marquee wise Im not to sure who is available.
    FBK could again be considered.

Which leaves us with a potential starting 11 looking like this

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 8.16.45 PM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by evanhayes5 View Post
    Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 8.06.33 PM.jpg

Have I missed anyone?

From this its clear to see we need a number 10, another centre back, a winger to replace Hoole, a defensive midfielder and someone to play along side ROD.

Milligan is signing for Al Shabab so we can rule him out, If were going down the Australian path for a CDM Paartalu is available, Andy Rose is a name from left field who is out of contract.

Nathan Burns could easily fill the winger spot but I think he is to good to be wasted out wide in the A-league, him and ROD uptop could be a lethal pairing.

Central Defender wise who here would be opposed to having Taylor Regan as a back up defender? He has had a good season with adelaide, and may not demand a huge part of the cap

Which then potentially leaves us with having an international player to fill the winger spot, Marquee wise Im not to sure who is available.

Which leaves us with a potential starting 11 looking like this

Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 8.16.45 PM.jpg
    Kokko up front Roy out wide. He'll be expected to be in the far post to tap in after Nabbout runs past everyone and crosses too deep for Kokko.

why doesnt anyone want FBK to play through the middle?

1000x better than any of the other (realistic) options popping up on here.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

I like your ideas Evan. Just for Scnitzelgiggles, see below.

This is a terrible line up, using the guys we already have, but it would be fun to see what happened.

- Kokko - O'Caravan
    - Clut
    - Nabbout - Uga - Brown
    - George - Jackson - Koutrombone - Hoffman
    - Duncan

Make our fullbacks cover a ship tonne of ground and whip in crosses all day.
    Two angry strikers working the defense hard. Solid amount of Mongrel between them would mean the defence wouldn't want to hang on to the ball.
    Enough legs in midfield to nip at everyone who comes close to them.
    Jackson can deal with anything in the air. Koutrombone can catch the quick forward runs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Hate to say it but devon head Carney was, although he has crap engines. He turned the GF for blue aids.

why doesnt anyone want FBK to play through the middle?

1000x better than any of the other (realistic) options popping up on here.
    FBK is too old to play out wide... but not good enough to play in the middle for better HAL teams. He needs the time and space afforded out wide to work fullbacks rather than dealing with midfielders tracking him.
    I feel like signing him would be like when we signed Marcos Flores. More talented than everyone we have but past his peak and will be dragged down to our level until he gets injured and we tarnish his career with our mediocrity.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Hate to say it but devon head Carney was, although he has crap engines. He turned the GF for blue aids.
    Worst comment i've ever read from you Hawk.

Devonhead was a 1 in 3 passer. Tried the impossible ball and blamed his team mates when it didn't work.

Reegz already extended his contract at Adelaide. So, not an option.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Worst comment i've ever read from you Hawk.

Devonhead was a 1 in 3 passer. Tried the impossible ball and blamed his team mates when it didn't work.
    Also missed a sitter on the spot to win it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Did he play ??

Didn't even notice him

we don't have a no#10 do we?

isn't that our problem?

why do we need to sign an Aussie #10?

get a foreigner like WSW, Perth, City, Brisbane etc etc etc.

besides, from memory Ernie played fat carlos as a 10 but he was too fat to get up field so he was essentially a dm anyway and he just sprayed it to the wingers and they crossed it to Danny ****ing Allsop and won the comp.

Surely the Ooga Booga man can spray similar passes yeah?

More to the point is how a Merrick coached team would use someone like Assface Nicholls anyway yeah.
    If you read back what I wrote I said it would be a win to sign an aussie no.10 because it solves an issue without taking a visa spot. Provided that no.10 is decent enough which I believe Nichols is. This is the part you and I disagree on. Will I be disappointed if we sign a visa no.10? no. But in my opinion Nichols should certainly be looked at as an option.

Please don't play O'Donnovan out wide.. He is an out and out striker. FBK is another one who is far and above anything we have on our books. The fact he started in a grand final team says something.

Banned
    Please don't play O'Donnovan out wide.. He is an out and out striker. FBK is another one who is far and above anything we have on our books. The fact he started in a grand final team says something.
    Don't let the reality that he done nothing in it cloud your view though

He only up against a retard like Rhyan Grant as well

Don't let the reality that he done nothing in it cloud your view though

He only up against a retard like Rhyan Grant as well
    Whilst you ignore the fact he was one of their top players in the weeks leading up to and including the finals. Get off your high horse.