Page 134 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135 LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,680 of 2687

Thread: 2017/18 Squad Thread

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Only reason I wouldn't include Vujica is because Ernie renewed his contract for like 2 more seasons.

Reason I say players like Jackson, brown and shabow is because they stick out as guys Ernie had no part in signing
    That Merrick played Johnny K completely out of position over Jackson and Vujica in huge end of season games and dragged him out of the wilderness as he wouldnt play either of them says a lot to me about how he currently thinks of Vujica and Jackson

What’re we gonna do with Ugarkovc and Kanta when we sign Iniesta?

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    What’re we gonna do with Ugarkovc and Kanta when we sign Iniesta?
    stick them right beside him to learn
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    What are your thoughts on Ridenton?

If there is truth, what type of player is he? How was he played by Merrick? And do you know if he has an Australian passport?
    This season was his break thru into the first team, finally locking down a starting role in the midfield. Normally was played in the box to box role, occasionally his weaker role as DM. He ended the season 7th in chances created but who really knows what that means, heck Hoole finished 3rd!!

Ernie signed him at the Nix and has had a lot to do with the development of his game, so he knows exactly what he is getting. Afaik he doesn't have an Aussie passport, personally I am unsure why you would use a visa slot on him unless Wayne Brown was leaving because he would probably be a replacement for him.

I guess after this season it is a case of in Ernie we trust but i watch every game every weekend. Nix home games i do watch without the volume up for obvious reasons, The commentators are like speedie x 10 in the too hard to listen to basket.

IMO if we have done a deal with Ridenton then Ernie has seen something in him i reckon not too many others have. On his Nix form i see him as one of those " to be omitted " candidates most weeks when the weekends squads are anounced.

Just my humble opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Ryans_Rovers View Post
    He ended the season 7th in chances created but who really knows what that means, heck Hoole finished 3rd!!
    evades man, it's all about the evades!

although i'll take secondary assists if that's all you've got.

Would Iniesta clamber up Boogs to tape a stray net back in place? No?

Phuck him.

We're making a play to keep Vargas for next season which I am for, initially was thinking he wasn't worth keeping but considering he performed very well in the semi and grand final and will now have a full off-season I think we may see a better Vargas then anything we saw this season if we keep him around

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    That Merrick played Johnny K completely out of position over Jackson and Vujica in huge end of season games and dragged him out of the wilderness as he wouldnt play either of them says a lot to me about how he currently thinks of Vujica and Jackson
    Ernie said that Johnny K is our fastest player and that he used him to stop us being outpaced by players like Barbarousis and Arzani.
    Against City it proved correct.
    Against Victory it was also correct but we didn't benefit in attack when Johnny K gave away possession a few times or failed to link up with Dimi in transition.
    For the most part though it worked - Victory had all sorts of trouble getting into scoring position and only a set piece and some atrocious refereeing with respect to the goal got Victory the win.

I thought Potato was better than Vargas, except for the semi.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Ernie said that Johnny K is our fastest player and that he used him to stop us being outpaced by players like Barbarousis and Arzani.
    Against City it proved correct.
    Against Victory it was also correct but we didn't benefit in attack when Johnny K gave away possession a few times or failed to link up with Dimi in transition.
    For the most part though it worked - Victory had all sorts of trouble getting into scoring position and only a set piece and some atrocious refereeing with respect to the goal got Victory the win.
    People who said Johnny K had a bad game have NFI

He dont offer a lot in attack but your not playing him as an attacking full back

You can see how good of a game Johnny K had by the impact Kosta Barbarousis had. If he didnt score the goal you wouldnt have known he was out there the other 90 mins he barely was seen.

Credit for that goes to Johnny K who rubbed him out

https://www.newcastlejets.com.au/new...ton-joins-jets

Expecting to lose someone from the mids, given this new signing

He dont offer a lot in attack but your not playing him as an attacking full back

You can see how good of a game Johnny K had by the impact Kosta Barbarousis had. If he didnt score the goal you wouldnt have known he was out there the other 90 mins he barely was seen.

isnt Johnny K a natural CB or #6?

blokes out there complaining he didnt run up and back all night?

remember they did this to Brilliante too.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post

is he a Visa spot?
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    is he a Visa spot?
    I think New Zealand is part of "Australia" for the sake of the A-League. So my guess would be no.

I thought it counted toward a visa spot ie Barba Victory

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post

Only player that makes sense is Brown, only one Ernie didn’t re-sign.

I could see us using Ridenton as a replacement for Mcgree, not sure if they’re similar but he might be used in a couple of different ways then just a midfielder

Aside from all the misplaced passes and failure to clear the goal, sure he did alright. Kosta wasn’t seen because MV had no desire to attack. Pretty sure you said that in one of your previous posts that Muscat chose not to unleash his attacking weapons.

can't help thinking that jonny k's confidence was shot by his deflection for the "goal"

Quote Originally Posted by Mark325 View Post
    Only player that makes sense is Brown, only one Ernie didn’t re-sign.

I could see us using Ridenton as a replacement for Mcgree, not sure if they’re similar but he might be used in a couple of different ways then just a midfielder
    Perhaps there is an offer for Ugarkovic?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles