Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR - It's Football But Not As You Know It

Cant wait to hear Bosnichs defence of those decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    make that 3 from 3

deadset best thing to happen since the invention of television

bring on AI referees
    im ready to submit to our new computerised overlords.
    for they are wise.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by westjet View Post
    Cant wait to hear Bosnichs defence of those decisions.
    so one in favour of the Jets (who he hates),
    then 2 against his gypos (who he loves).

real estate agents and used car salesmen everywhere are tuning in to learn a lesson in masterclass bullshit coming up........
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Bozza did try to justify ours by saying the refs are under pressure to make the decisions quicker....ffs.

Banned
    I just hoping this is just some grand plot where VAR trolls everyone all year and then shows it true worth by trolling Arnie and the Smurfs in the GF as Ronny scores the winning goal in the GF with the use of a prosthetic leg and it is allowed by VAR

There be a nice symmetry if this was too happen

And then they banned the ****ing thing for ever

Perhaps the refs are doing this to kill it themselvesm

Also be interested to know if those decisions have been made tonight because of bobo getting off last night and the ffa have said something to the refs.

Quote Originally Posted by westjet View Post
    Also be interested to know if those decisions have been made tonight because of bobo getting off last night and the ffa have said something to the refs.
    well everyones already forgotten about the Bobo one havent they. FFA has spun this beautifully.
    Seems like I am WRONG

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    just watched the two red card VAR decisions

not only were they correct, the refs should have sent Okon off for directing these dirty pricks to play so dirty

that sort of shit doesn't happen by accident - it's a deliberate tactic

in fact, red card the whole damn Coast club - **** them

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    well everyones already forgotten about the Bobo one havent they. FFA has spun this beautifully.
    Not really

The focus may be off Bobo but it getting turned squarely at them

They are managing the game and this shit is killing it
    Ratings crowds etc down

And they wonder why??

Bozza spouting off in desperation as his beloved VAR sinks...Peacock visibly pissed off. Bozza reckons there was more controversy before VAR.

see, the sneaky thing Arnies mates in the media have done has largely gone unnoticed.

last night especially was some brilliant work from Harper.

when Bobo hacked Muscat, Harper and Bozza both made comments that it was only a yellow and a 'misdemeanour' and that Muscat went to ground easily and milked it. they made a big point of saying Muscat was faking it to try and get Bobo in trouble.

then when Muscat elbowed Wilkshire, Harper and Bozza both emphatically stated that it was thuggish, assault, and that Wilkshire was legit injured, even though he 'seemed' to be fine once the punishment was dished out.

i found it amazing that Harper was absolute that Bobos hacked caused no damage, and Muscats caused serious damage. its an amazing talent to have all the way up there in the box.

but to the fans at home im assuming theres a lot of them taking Harpers 'injury diagnosis' as gospel. and therefore would def be swaying opinions on the justification for the punishments.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Not really

The focus may be off Bobo but it getting turned squarely at them

They are managing the game and this shit is killing it
    Ratings crowds etc down

And they wonder why??
    hey look man sockah may be struggling but Shaun Marsh is on the verge of getting a test double hundred cricket died tonight RIP fold the whole damn sport.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Mitch Marsh mate.....

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Mitch Marsh mate.....
    hahahahaha sorry i forgot which useless tit it was.

ima not even go edit that because either way its ****ing embarrassing for the sport.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    So instead of the bleating on Twitter about VAR is it high time we seen some VAR related TIFO at games to let the ****wits on Fox Sports and FFA know what people think of the shite??

Please explain why Bozza is the go to man with this? He blabbered all sorts of excuses last night. Okon hit it on the head with his "its failed" comment. Tonight in Shootout Bozza will have his pro VAR script ready as to why we are better off. Look forward to Simon Hill this week!
    A good point is that last night before the VAR there would have been controversy but the same decision - add the VAR, you get the same call and it becomes more combustible than it was and herein lies the major problem.

Am I one of the only people who think the VAR is actually doing alright? The decisions we’ve benefited from have all been either correct, or we would have got from a ref anyway. Maccarone offside wouldn’t have been called, Nabbout’s goal last night would have been waved offside despite the Adelaide player tapping it into his path. Our PK was already given and was borderline anyway. The Muscat decision in the Sydney game was correct as was Brama’s last night.

The biggest problem right now, which is totally fixable, is the confusion about when and how it’s used. The ref reviewing his own decisions last night in the Scum match shouldn’t have happened (I didn’t see anything wrong with McGings tackle). I don’t get why they have someone upstairs review but the ref can also look at a screen. It’s gotta be one or the other. Also, is it only used if the ref asks a question or do upstairs review on their own accord!? Lose some inconsistency and I think it’ll become more effective & less controversial.

Okon’s whinge last night about fans not returning was only because he was at home. Had they been away from home that wouldn’t have been raised.

It’s amazing how many EPL fans I see on forums absolutely crying out for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Please explain why Bozza is the go to man with this? He blabbered all sorts of excuses last night. Okon hit it on the head with his "its failed" comment. Tonight in Shootout Bozza will have his pro VAR script ready as to why we are better off. Look forward to Simon Hill this week!
    A good point is that last night before the VAR there would have been controversy but the same decision - add the VAR, you get the same call and it becomes more combustible than it was and herein lies the major problem.
    You don’t always get the same call. Nabbouts goal last night wouldn’t have stood. I looked straight at the linesman and he was holding his flag vertical at chest height to signal to the ref that he thought it was offside or check for offside. Without VAR I daresay he would raised it. I didn’t even celebrate at first because he looked a mile off.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Am I one of the only people who think the VAR is actually doing alright? The decisions we’ve benefited from have all been either correct, or we would have got from a ref anyway. Maccarone offside wouldn’t have been called, Nabbout’s goal last night would have been waved offside despite the Adelaide player tapping it into his path. Our PK was already given and was borderline anyway. The Muscat decision in the Sydney game was correct as was Brama’s last night.

The biggest problem right now, which is totally fixable, is the confusion about when and how it’s used. The ref reviewing his own decisions last night in the Scum match shouldn’t have happened (I didn’t see anything wrong with McGings tackle). I don’t get why they have someone upstairs review but the ref can also look at a screen. It’s gotta be one or the other. Also, is it only used if the ref asks a question or do upstairs review on their own accord!? Lose some inconsistency and I think it’ll become more effective & less controversial.

Okon’s whinge last night about fans not returning was only because he was at home. Had they been away from home that wouldn’t have been raised.

It’s amazing how many EPL fans I see on forums absolutely crying out for it.
    Consult Twitter

You are on your own

Quite frankly I couldn't give two ****s that we are benefiting from it

It has assisted us get goals and points no doubt

But quite frankly I couldn't give a ****

Referees are blind incompetent fools and have been since the beginning of time

I don't give a **** that they make mistakes I actually like it

What I don't like is the invasion on my game from these new dawn leftist clowns who think everything has to be balanced and perfect

A football game is a lot like life

It isn't fair it isn't just it isn't perfect and even

Sometimes you hit the jackpot when you don't deserve it
    Other times you get nowhere no matter how deserving you are with your efforts

That is life
    That is football

Leave it the **** alone

It is that what I resent

Cunce are tampering with the very fabric of what makes this game I live and love what it is

They can **** off