Page 16 of 42 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: VAR - It's Football But Not As You Know It

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Using this weekend just finished as your evidence?

Nope.

In my opinion the ref got a bigger % of his calls correct than the VAR did.

and before we start, there is no way to categorically prove any of them except for 1 (Which the VAR got right).

Which is why I’m happy for that ‘one’ to be judged, and not the others.
    Based on the general consensus of decisions....

Nabbout - correct after review
    Brama - correct after review, although review shouldn’t have happened but did because ref made wrong call in the first instance
    McGing - I still haven’t seen the tackle, was it a yellow or red? Either way, ref ****ed up in the first instance by going to review
    Muscat - correct after review, not sure how ref would have called it
    Bobo - incorrect after review, but ref didn’t even know it happened
    Jets pen - ref & review both incorrect
    Berisha - correct after review (although I’m getting that second hand, I haven’t seen it)

When you say the ref got a bigger % of calls correct than VAR, what exactly did you mean?

Anyway, as I said before, I won’t lose sleep if they trash it. I just think there’s way too much made of it in the media & it’s not doing that badly as it’s made out.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    McGing - I still haven’t seen the tackle, was it a yellow or red? Either way, ref ****ed up in the first instance by going to review
    on this, can the ref tell the VAR to bugger off without going to the video? can't imagine chris beath going to a review, he was always 1,000,000% correct.

Berisha - correct after review (although I’m getting that second hand, I haven’t seen it)
    definitely correct review.

Based on the general consensus of decisions....

Nabbout - correct after review - agreed, hence why im half ok with offsides in VAR
    Brama - correct after review, although review shouldn’t have happened but did because ref made wrong call in the first instance - debatable, hence my concern.
    McGing - I still haven’t seen the tackle, was it a yellow or red? Either way, ref ****ed up in the first instance by going to review - debatable hence my concern.
    Muscat - correct after review, not sure how ref would have called it - debatable hence my concern.
    Bobo - incorrect after review, but ref didn’t even know it happened - debatable hence my concern.
    Jets pen - ref & review both incorrect - debatable hence my concern.
    Berisha - correct after review (although I’m getting that second hand, I haven’t seen it) - debatable hence my concern.

When you say the ref got a bigger % of calls correct than VAR, what exactly did you mean?
    ok sorry i didnt phrase it very well.

For the decisions i believe VAR 'should' be involved in it would be 100% for the weekend (City goal, Nabout goal).

For the decisions VAR got involved in that i dont think it should have been involved with, i hand it over to John Q Public who are arguing furiously over ALL of them. VAR took a side, and case by case there are people saying that EVERY single one of the VAR decisions are wrong. Thats why i dont think it should be involved in most of the decisions you gave your opinion on above. So according to the public, VAR is somewhere between 100% wrong, and 100% right.

If you add up all the free kicks, offsides, throw ins, goal kicks, corners, dives and time wasting, im happy with the amount of decisions the bloke in the middle gets right every week. and i certainly believe there is less debate about those decisions that the ones VAR is involved in.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Simple fact is.
    VAR doesn't get rid of the controversy surrounding dubious decision, it simply shifts it. It's what I've been saying to my mate all along. You only have to look at every other sport that has anything similar, the controversy is just shifted.

Let's just accepted that Referees make mistakes, sometimes it cost teams games. Players and Referees make mistakes every day, if any of these mistakes look like match fixing then launch an investigation into the incident.

Put VAR in the bin and lets move on, Goal line technology can stay.
    Check out this Nostradamus, 6 months later and here we are.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Refs need to be full time professionals and they also need to be paid accordingly. The current situation has them getting paid peanuts and essentially being told they are not good enough and incapable of making decisions.

That they do a better job than the VAR is a miracle in itself.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Refs need to be full time professionals and they also need to be paid accordingly. The current situation has them getting paid peanuts and essentially being told they are not good enough and incapable of making decisions.

That to me is a bullshit argument

You honestly telling me if Chris Beath Gillette and that wanker Shaun Evans get a pay rise and are on 300 K a year that they ain't going to be the same useless blind cheating cunce they are??

I don't think so

You want the level of remuneration to be adequate it keeps the scourge of gambling/match fixing away

But paying these cunce ridiculous amounts of money ain't going to make their eye sight better

That to me is a bullshit argument

You honestly telling me if Chris Beath Gillette and that wanker Shaun Evans get a pay rise and are on 300 K a year that they ain't going to be the same useless blind cheating cunce they are??

I don't think so

You want the level of remuneration to be adequate it keeps the scourge of gambling/match fixing away

But paying these cunce ridiculous amounts of money ain't going to make their eye sight better
    I wasn't referring to match fixing and the like. What I'm suggesting is more investment into referees at all level of their development - and ultimately, make becoming a professional referee a viable career option - which it's currently not.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 20-12-2017 at 04:48 AM.

Just the same as you can attribute the National teams relative mediocrity compared to times in the past, on grassroots development and probably more importantly those in the 10-15 age bracket.
    Referees grassroots is the problem.
    I’d actually be interested in seeing retention rates over 5 years.
    There’s probably 60 odd new referees each year in inter district, you’d be lucky if 5 were there in 5 years time.
    Approximately 10%.
    Ask why? Address that and you may just improve the quality/commitment to development.

Gotta laugh - they are tweaking outside the guidelines, they're lost.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/footbal...48671722799b17

At least the red card upgrade is gone and it will focus on "match changing situations only"...wasn't that the original idea?
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 20-12-2017 at 07:04 PM.

the article is very well balanced and considered. it almost seems as if it's the fans, players, coaches and commentators that are the unreasonable ones!

"moved to end hysteria"

"weight of criticism — bordering on abuse"

nothing in that article convinces me that there will be any changes. "match-changing situations" is anytime the VAR gets involved!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

At least the red card upgrade is gone and it will focus on "match changing situations only"...wasn't that the original idea?
    It ain't like the FFA pay attention to anyone bar themselves anyway

Didn't FIFA tell them to expand their membership and they couldn't even get that done by November 30??

Cant wait for the normalisation committee to come in .
    Hopefully the government get involved and do us all a ****ing favour and disband the state feds why we at it

It ain't like the FFA pay attention to anyone bar themselves anyway

Didn't FIFA tell them to expand their membership and they couldn't even get that done by November 30??

Cant wait for the normalisation committee to come in .
    Hopefully the government get involved and do us all a ****ing favour and disband the state feds why we at it
    so you know that government involvement is one of the things that FIFA bans countries for, yeah?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    so you know that government involvement is one of the things that FIFA bans countries for, yeah?
    Yeah don't believe that BS the media like to spin

Sure worked when the Government got involved last time and put Lowy in charge didn't it ??

Government involvement in Football Federation affairs happens across the planet

Ain't seen anyone with any sway get the flick.
    Just pick on some defenceless African or Asian minnows they do who no one misses

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

Three of the referees are full time professional already

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post

Isn’t this is a good thing though? If something apparently isn’t working, tweak it so it works better. It’s better than complete denial and having the FFA say it’s working perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    Three of the referees are full time professional already
    it's probably the three worst as well knowing the FFA.

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    Put VAR in the bin and lets move on, Goal line technology can stay.

Check out this Nostradamus, 6 months later and here we are.
    Nah. there is a place for it but since the refs cant agree on anything we have to make it for a few basic scenarios.

The red card calls can go first

The few refs a season the FFA offered full time gigs to has has gone backwards in there performance.

Isn’t this is a good thing though? If something apparently isn’t working, tweak it so it works better. It’s better than complete denial and having the FFA say it’s working perfectly.
    this is a correct statement.

glad the Double Eff Aye acknowledged the nonsense that went on last weekend. still a bit worried about "game changing decisions".

think back to our win over Victory, should VAR have stepped in on the ballboy assistance goal?

i mean it was a 'game changing decision' and it was clearly an indiscretion (throw in not taken from the spot).

again, under the new guidelines it 'could' be reviewed, but geez they better ****ing not.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG