Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 55

Thread: 1/4 mile at a time aka trailer trash cup

  1. #21
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    i would love to know what the legal basis is for this part. how can a private, for-profit business control what you do in your own property? did you get compensation?
    No one is stopping anyone accessing anything. Pretty sure the legal basis is that the council is closing the roads which they are legally allowed to do.

    Peeps can come and go in their property as they please.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,522
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    No one is stopping anyone accessing anything. Pretty sure the legal basis is that the council is closing the roads which they are legally allowed to do.

    Peeps can come and go in their property as they please.
    but only if they have a wristband, of which he'll only get 6. why can't he have 15 people around to watch (provided he's not selling tickets etc)? that's what i'm getting at, not the ability to physically access the site.

    and when you say they have a legal right to close the road, they do and they don't. while they can close the roads to traffic, under the Roads Act and with respect to temporary road closures, "A roads authority may, by order served on any person, prohibit the person from causing any vehicle under the person’s control to pass along a specified local road unless the vehicle is being driven to a destination that cannot be reached except by means of that road". i don't doubt that there is some obscure clause in some ridiculous "major events" legislation that permits them to over-ride this.

  3. #23
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    but only if they have a wristband, of which he'll only get 6. why can't he have 15 people around to watch (provided he's not selling tickets etc)? that's what i'm getting at, not the ability to physically access the site.


    i don't doubt that there is some obscure clause in some ridiculous "major events" legislation that permits them to over-ride this.
    i can only assume that if they get there before 7am you can fill your house with however many freeloaders you want.

    and im actually sure there is a 'supercars' legislation that covers exactly what you're saying.

    yeah look im all for major events and i totally understand your point but as im not directly impacted by 'this' one of course im not speaking from the best position.

    my only point is that the roads are closed all the time for many many different reasons (they shut the same piece of road when the hospital got demolished, then again when the new apartments went up in its place).

    i just giggle when all the protestors are out there having a dig yet dont think for a second that when 'their' house was getting built it probably made noise, created difficulites etc. but hey, thats always completely different.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,727
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    No one is stopping anyone accessing anything. Pretty sure the legal basis is that the council is closing the roads which they are legally allowed to do.

    Peeps can come and go in their property as they please.
    Agreed. Freedom of assembly is not negotiable. But give the plutocrats time and it may not always be the case
    Last edited by The Dunster; 17-11-2017 at 10:10 PM.

  5. #25
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,350
    The traffic around the top end of town is beyond ridiculous atm..
    1 hour and 50 mins to get from Newy Beach to Uncle Dan's Markettown (10 mins inside) and back on Friday arvo.. I could have walked it in less than that..

    I know Monkey saw it, but did anyone else see the vandalism burnt into the grass at Foreshore Park over the weekend? Ironically hilarious..

  6. #26
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    Am convinced the Herald comments on Supercars stories are now more mind numbing than the Knights stories.

    big call i know.
    but i stand by this statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,380
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    i just giggle when all the protestors are out there having a dig yet dont think for a second that when 'their' house was getting built it probably made noise, created difficulites etc. but hey, thats always completely different.
    I dont care much for fuel sports much and the phat consumption tards that follow it are pretty amazing. If it were my front yard id get the kids (in ear plugs) to throw the nails on that track at 8am, oil from the super soker at 9am, have a yard sale of mirrors reflecting sun at 10, push a mower on at 11, let a greasy pig on at 12. Any accidents are at own risk. Geez i couldnt hear or see the kids your honour due to the noise and they're only young so they can get away with anything ay.

    Pretty much a bunch of dennis learys and clueless council just put shit on regardless of the consequences. Im sure the good peeps at Cessnock would have died for this event and we let them down.
    Last edited by hawk; 20-11-2017 at 11:26 PM.

  8. #28
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    I dont care much for fuel sports much and the phat consumption tards that follow it are pretty amazing. If it were my front yard id get the kids (in ear plugs) to throw the nails on that track at 8am, oil from the super soker at 9am, have a yard sale of mirrors reflecting sun at 10, push a mower on at 11, let a greasy pig on at 12. Any accidents are at own risk. Geez i couldnt hear or see the kids your honour due to the noise and they're only young so they can get away with anything ay.

    Pretty much a bunch of dennis learys and clueless council just put shit on regardless of the consequences. Im sure the good peeps at Cessnock would have died for this event and we let them down.
    Yeah but I bet your chauffeur loves the V8ís

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,727
    Are they going to have any real cars at the meeting or just those plastic piles of shit with interchangeable Ford or Holden badges ?



    If I had a spare two million dollars I'd love to own this car.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 21-11-2017 at 10:48 AM.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,522
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Are they going to have any real cars at the meeting or just those plastic piles of shit with interchangeable Ford or Holden badges ?



    If I had a spare two million dollars I'd love to own this car.
    for two million you'd reckon you'd get windows and air-con rather than a hose.

  11. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,380
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah but I bet your chauffeur loves the V8’s
    Parker likes the ladies and leather steering wheel covers.

  12. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    1,813
    We have residence passes to stay at my Grandfather's. 10 of us plus kids all heading up. Going to be great and having a weekend out of it. My only concern is that the kids won't have residence passes however as mentioned in the previous post I can't imagine they have a 'legal' stand point for refusing entry into your own property. If so I'll dump my daughter with the seco and say "sweet mate you take care of her for 48hrs"

  13. #33
    Senior Member baldrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    959
    Planning on setting a new lap record tonight. Be warned

  14. #34
    Senior Member Bon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Newcastle
    Posts
    3,350
    Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Planning on setting a new lap record tonight. Be warned
    If you can get around it in less than 40 minutes, it will be a new lap record..
    It was a snail-train yesterday, already plenty of people in town getting photos of the track and doing laps..

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,380
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Going to be great and having a weekend out of it.
    Gearing up ay. Nice. That's the way Digby do it!

  16. #36
    infant member plague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    13,872
    congrats to everyone concerned for scaring everyone away from driving in the city today.
    just had to go drop something at Mrs Plagues work in the centre of town.
    parks everywhere, not a soul on the road.

    made my day easy.

    cheers cheers.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,380
    Supercars fans hurt by flying tyre debris at Newcastle 500
    http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/supercars-...25-gzsr6l.html
    Everyone ok in here.

    JHH could be a wait

  18. #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,727
    Why can't we build a decent track in this country anymore ? Albert Park is terrible and this one looks even worse.
    The drivers will be earning their money wrestling a car for 500km's around this uneven surface with slow as shit corners and sfa space for overtaking.
    Fans might like it though for the carnage which seems almost guaranteed.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 25-11-2017 at 02:54 PM.

  19. #39
    aka WLG pv4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7,354
    I went today. What a great day for Newy. The Utes were dope, shame they had a safety car for so long. Resident tags were the bomb, so many great spots at ground level that residents-only could access. Very proud and surprised of the crowd, barely any issues and in general a positive atmosphere - i expected way more issues. Sick day, bring it back next year. Cheers.
    OK

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    17,380
    eggscellent

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •