Page 41 of 105 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Insert Name Here aka The Ownership Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    That I agree with. We have far too many people at the club not contributing much benefit to us
    sack the crowd, improve mental health

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    For your information MFKS The Jets are the lowest spending club out there.
    Yes this year we are.

We have not been in the last few years under Tinkler.

Don't let the last few months of Tinks cutting costs and wanting out before last nights back flip cloud the judgement that we have been under funded under Tinks.

For the most part of his reign when he has been funding marquees for us like Heskey and Culina we have been more than adequately funded just let down by those he has paid who have not achieved anything by their poor decision making levels of competence or even performing at an appropriate level of performance in their roles

@FOXFOOTBALL: Tinkler on a collision course with FFA over Newcastle Jets http://t.co/S8DyleW64j #foxfootball via @SmithiesTele
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    @FOXFOOTBALL: Tinkler on a collision course with FFA over Newcastle Jets http://t.co/S8DyleW64j #foxfootball via @SmithiesTele
    Until he breaches his licence there is **** all they can do to him other than make him an offer for the club.

FFA caused this mess by giving him the club and stabbing con in the back in the first place.

If they wish to rectify this it is time to put up or shut up

Ok FFA pays tinks 5m to f&$k off and then sell us to dundee for whatever their willing to pay. Small price to pay to have a healthy newcastle franchise again.

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Best news.
    Get at em Tinks.

**** Tinkler. Blokes all cock and no balls
    Go jetties

makes good sense to me, win win

we need new owner, with money. half the players we have are not up to it,whoever the coach is. that's just a fact.

Yes this year we are.

We have not been in the last few years under Tinkler.

Don't let the last few months of Tinks cutting costs and wanting out before last nights back flip cloud the judgement that we have been under funded under Tinks.

For the most part of his reign when he has been funding marquees for us like Heskey and Culina we have been more than adequately funded just let down by those he has paid who have not achieved anything by their poor decision making levels of competence or even performing at an appropriate level of performance in their roles
    In previous years as well. We have never spent as much as Sydney, victory, heart, adelaide, perth and dare I say it CCM

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    **** Tinkler. Blokes all cock and no balls
    and the haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate...........
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

So Garry Kenneth who played 163 games for Dundee United has signed with the Buds for 2015 NPL. Implications for the Jets?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    In previous years as well. We have never spent as much as Sydney, victory, heart, adelaide, perth and dare I say it CCM
    Yep utter horseshit

The years we were paying Heskey 700k and had a squad full of blokes on good money there was not one complaint we were stinging on the salary cap.

Remind me who Gypos had at this time as their marquee?? No one

Yet your telling me we were getting outspent by the Gypos.

FMD

As for your list Smurfs Yes ADP was not cheap Victree maybe but they never really has a marquee after Kewell failing until Berisha unless you count Contreras last season but the rest of them no.

Heart were broke and a basketcase until City bought them. Adelaide ain't wealthy now FFS. Perth if they have been with the players they have had in recent years they were paying overs.

Next time think before typing it would help

Yep utter horseshit

The years we were paying Heskey 700k and had a squad full of blokes on good money there was not one complaint we were stinging on the salary cap.

Remind me who Gypos had at this time as their marquee?? No one

Yet your telling me we were getting outspent by the Gypos.

FMD

As for your list Smurfs Yes ADP was not cheap Victree maybe but they never really has a marquee after Kewell failing until Berisha unless you count Contreras last season but the rest of them no.

Heart were broke and a basketcase until City bought them. Adelaide ain't wealthy now FFS. Perth if they have been with the players they have had in recent years they were paying overs.

Next time think before typing it would help
    Must agree with you hear MFKS , its not the lack of spending over last few years but what we have been spending it on .

Quote Originally Posted by I changed my user name View Post
    Must agree with you hear MFKS , its not the lack of spending over last few years but what we have been spending it on .
    I agree last year we had a team that should of made the finals. We had Heskey up front one of the best players for winning the ball in the air in the comp but how many crosses found him in the box SFA. We had the comps top scorer in Taggart. The only thing we lacked was a decent no10 and a manager that had any idea his tactics were laughable. This year our team is worse and our manager makes decisions about 2 weeks late i am just waiting for him to unzip his suit and GVE step out. I just hope the FFA sees some potential in the Jets and keeps us here next year.

Banned
    FOOTBALL Federation Australia will likely make their first step towards stripping embattled Newcastle Jets owner Nathan Tinkler of his A-League licence when senior officials Damien de Bohun and John Kelly meet with the club’s senior management on Monday.

FFA head of A-League De Bohun and chief operating officer Kelly will begin a thorough examination of the Jets’ operational and financial viability under Tinkler after the former billionaire’s stunning backflip on Friday on selling the club.

The Newcastle Herald has been told a debt of more than $140,000 to Northern NSW Football from shortfalls in Emerging Jets and W-League funding in 2014 will be central in discussions.

The Herald has been told the Jets also owe about $40,000 in rent at their Ray Watt Oval training ground, but speculation of ‘‘tens of thousands of dollars’’ in unpaid fees at Hunter Stadium was rejected by Hunter Venues general manager Bicci Henderson.

‘‘We are comfortable with our position with the Jets,’’ Henderson said. ‘‘They are up to date as far as I’m concerned.’’

After searching for a new Jets owner since August last year, Tinkler declared on Friday that the club was off the market and he would replace Ray Baartz as chairman.

Baartz and chief executive officer Robbie Middleby resigned on Thursday.

FFA chief executive David Gallop responded with a statement on Saturday saying the ‘‘Jets’ current operation raises serious concerns’’ and confirmed that the governing body would send senior executives to Newcastle on Monday to ‘‘examine the club’s operating position’’.

The Herald reported in November that the Jets had withdrawn funding for the Emerging Jets and W-League for 2015, but NNSWF chief executive David Eland conceded on Sunday that Tinkler had also failed to meet his obligations in 2014.

See your ad here
    Eland would not comment on the amount owed but said NNSWF ‘‘have been tireless in our efforts to settle this debt through every level of management at the Jets, at HSG and the Tinkler Group, and it remains unpaid’’.

On not disclosing the shortfall earlier, Eland said: ‘‘Our preference was that this matter was settled between football stakeholders and not in the media.’’

He said the debt would be reported to Northern NSW members in their annual report in March.

While all of the Jets’ debts are a worry to FFA, the money owed to NNSWF and Tinkler’s withdrawal of support for the Emerging Jets and the city’s W-League team are believed to be high on the governing body’s concerns.

On top of the 2014 debt, Tinkler reneged on the final year (2015) of a three-year deal to fund the Emerging Jets to the tune of $140,000 annually.

NNSWF is entitled to the 2015 grant under a memorandum of understanding also signed by the Jets and FFA in late 2012, but Eland said his organisation would not be ‘‘invoicing’’ Tinkler.

‘‘We are holding out that the potential new owners of the Jets will want to honour the MOU and continue to make a contribution,’’ Eland said.

‘‘But, given the history of 2014, the board was not prepared to budget for any contribution from HSG.’’

The Jets’ agreement to partially fund the W-League side ended after the 2014 season.

The Herald believes Tinkler stopped meeting his obligations to NNSWF midway through 2014 and about $100,000 of the debt relates to the Emerging Jets program, while the remainder is owed to the national league women’s side.

NNSWF has increased its funding and raised fees for the Emerging Jets program to compensate for the loss of support in 2015.

It is believed FFA will tell the Jets on Monday that payment of the debt and their renewed support for NNSWF are critical to proving their ability to run a sustainable and stable club with genuine community engagement.

‘‘FFA is just one of many stakeholders in Newcastle that needs to be satisfied that the Newcastle Jets are in fact on a new path under the continuing ownership of [Tinkler’s] Hunter Sports Group,’’ FFA chief executive David Gallop said in his statement on Saturday.

‘‘Our focus remains on the stability and sustainability of each A-League club.

‘‘On that test, the Newcastle Jets’ current operation raises serious concerns.

‘‘FFA will be sending senior executives to Newcastle to examine the club’s operating position.

‘‘In this regard, FFA’s view has not changed in the past 24 hours and it’s premature to suggest that FFA has provided any endorsement.

‘‘What we want to see is a strong Newcastle Jets club with a deep engagement with the Hunter community.

‘‘That’s the core strength of football in the region.’’

FFA has resisted calls to address operational and financial issues at the Jets while the club has been negotiating with potential buyers, in particular Scottish club Dundee United owner Stephen Thompson.

However, Tinkler’s decision to take the Jets off the market is believed to have changed FFA’s stance.

When contacted on Sunday, Middleby was reluctant to comment on the debt situation before meeting with the FFA officials.
    Looks like it is Clive Palmer mk2 and FFA see right through the I am backing the Jets bluff

Banned
    Kevin Cranston with his finger on the pulse

NATHAN Tinkler still talks a good game.

Whether it’s countering suggestions of his financial ruin, detailing his planned second coming as a mining tycoon, fending off accusations in ICAC, spruiking the sale of his horse-racing empire, blaming others for his downfall or railing against anyone who questions his intentions, the former billionaire certainly has the gift of the gab.

So it was on Friday when the reluctant Newcastle Jets owner surprisingly announced that he was taking the club off the market and appointing himself chairman with a view to restoring the A-League battlers to their former glory.

‘‘I believe in the A-League long-term, and it has a special place in the hearts of many Australians, and we have a pretty good soccer history in Newcastle,’’ he told The World Game website.

‘‘We need to get back to proving we are a winning club, and we are in the market during the window for possibly a couple of players.’’

Tinkler went on to explain that he had grown to ‘‘love the game’’.

‘‘I took on the Jets as a bit of courtesy and charity towards my community in the Hunter, but now is the time where I feel I can put my hands on the wheel and appreciate the game, the people involved and what is required.’’

This was the same Jets club of which he declared in August: ‘‘I can’t wait to get them out the door.’’ Back then, Tinkler repeated that ‘‘there will be no racing stables or football teams in my future’’, because he had ‘‘got a bit sick of funding other people’s playthings and being blamed when they didn’t work out’’.

See your ad here
    Tinkler’s claim on Friday that he had ‘‘always had the support of the FFA’’ was quickly countered by FFA boss David Gallop. Whether Tinkler is fair dinkum about the rest of it remains to be seen, but Jets fans would be forgiven for being cynical.

Like Knights fans, some might argue they were promised the world by Tinkler and given an atlas.

And Tinkler maintained that he would meet his obligations to the Knights right up until the club was forcibly taken from him by the NRL, at which point they discovered a financial quagmire that took months and millions of dollars to sort out.

But the FFA doesn’t have to give Tinkler the benefit of the doubt any more. The Jets owner’s about-face on the sale of the club means that the gloves are off.

While he was trying to sell the club, FFA was content to give him time and space to do that. But having declared that the club is off the market, Tinkler now has to prove he has the financial capacity to run it according to the terms of his licence. On the face of it, Tinkler will find it difficult to do that.

His thoroughbred racing properties in the Hunter Valley and Queensland remain unsold, and the Australian Taxation Office is holding two mortgages worth about $40million on those anyway.

(Herald reporter Donna Page revealed on Saturday that Tinkler is trying to rebirth his Hunter holdings as a cattle and lucerne farm.)

There is also the matter of an alleged stray $5million from another Tinkler company, Patinack Farm Administration, which is the subject of court action by Adelaide-based liquidator Anthony Matthews and Associates. Tinkler, his former right-hand man, Troy Palmer, and Patinack’s former chief financial officer Tony Marshall were summonsed to appear at a public examination of the failed company in December, but last-minute negotiations had the hearing adjourned to the Adelaide Supreme Court in March.

So proving his ability to own an A-League club may not be the most pressing matter on Tinkler’s to-do list.

Perhaps it was his intention to force FFA to step in.

While there is genuine interest from Scottish Premier League club Dundee United, their owner, Stephen Thompson, is not prepared to pay the $5million Tinkler is asking for the Jets.

By declaring his devotion to the A-League and the Jets, Tinkler is effectively saying to the FFA: ‘‘If you want it, come and get it.’’

And if push comes to shove, it could be that Tinkler believes he is entitled to some compensation for the money he has poured into the Jets, especially given he believes FFA made him pay overs in the first place.

The thing FFA would be at pains to avoid is the messy and expensive dispute that the NRL endured when evicting Tinkler from the Knights.

History proves that talk is often cheap with Tinkler, but getting him out of a sporting club is not easy

So, who is paying for the training balls?

The way I see it though, spending on field is different to spending off field.

On field the salary cap dictates that unless you waste it, you should be competitive. Marque is a bonus and we have had one up until this year.

Off field though with back room staff and facilities is another thing altogether and this is where I see us really falling compared to other clubs. Id love to see a comparison with other clubs in relation to staffing levels and roles within clubs. I think this is where the Tinkler regime has really looked to cut corners and it shows.

This is going to get messy. However this process starts, I just hope they take Tinkler on after he has been removed from the club and not while he is still in it.

By that, I mean I hope the FFA are running us on a day-by-day basis while they take Tinkler on in the courts or away from the club. It would be in our best interest so that we can focus on improving and not have Tinkler undermining us from within.

Either way, I think the next month is going to be interesting. I have a feeling it will kick off soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles