Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: 17/18 HAL Grand Final | Newcastle Jets v Melbourne Victory | Sat 5th May 2018 750pm

Quote Originally Posted by &1gest View Post
    Thanks for all the hard work JP
    Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    [*]Joel Griffiths is the Jets leading scorer in Grand Finals with 1.
    Love it...

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Love it...
    I wondered if anyone would spot that

By "that" I mean more poor puntuation.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

[*]Joel Griffiths is the Jets leading scorer in Grand Finals with 1.
    Literally the only stat that matters in any GF to date.

Quote Originally Posted by leftrightout View Post
    I just don't get the stories i am hearing about members missing out on tickets.
    It was clear that tickets went on sale to members at 10am Sunday. It was incredibly easy securing tickets for the first hour or so of that sale.

General public, i understand the anger towards it, 10 tickets is excessive. I suppose next year people will contemplate becoming a member? If it drives membership numbers up then it isn't such a bad move!
    There were probably more than 25000 seats available for members: considering Newcastle members only, if a large amount of them bought even just 3-4 tix, it's not hard to imagine how many other members have potentially missed out. And then there are Victory members too... Also, the members pre-sale was cut short by 24 hours. Lots of stories on social media.

I am VERY frustrated, and if anything, this farce will not encourage me to support the club by becoming a member next year.

Ticketmaster: “The allocation of 10 tickets per member was maintained after discussions with Newcastle Jets management and is implemented to ensure that people can sit with their families and friends at the match and reduce their transactional costs.”
    BULLSH*T: a membership should guarantee the right to buy a seat for the finals, no discussions about this. Families and friends - if they are not members, like the rest of the general public - should line up for their tickets, they didn't pay for the privilege. It should be easy for ticketb*stard to implement a platform to allow members to buy seats adjacent to other members, if that's the problem.

I know, I'm still dirty 24 hours after the "incident"... actually looking for a ticket, but not at ridiculous prices - and not from dodgy sources either: not hard to print out 50 copies from a pdf

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    There were probably more than 25000 seats available for members: considering Newcastle members only, if a large amount of them bought even just 3-4 tix, it's not hard to imagine how many other members have potentially missed out. And then there are Victory members too... Also, the members pre-sale was cut short by 24 hours. Lots of stories on social media.
    Lawrie has come out on social media and mentioned the Jets members bought, on average, 3.2 tickets per member number. With 8000+ members it doesnt' go evenly into 20000.

I would have thought it would encourage you to become a member. Ultimately like any membership members have been provided first crack.
    Last edited by 380; 01-05-2018 at 05:00 PM.

For those that missed out i do feel for you. But it happens. Now go find a pub with a bunch of your mates and go get silly. The rest of newy will be pumping so go enjoy it. This will be a great moment

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    I would have thought it would encourage you to become a member. Ultimately like any membership members have been provided first crack.
    If you do the maths members were not guaranteed a ticket.
    Members that did get tickets are also scalping them or got them for friends and family with no interest in the Jets other than being able to say "look where I am " on their snap chat or whatever.

I've been to grand finals with crowds over 100k so I don't need to go to this one to experience anything new.

But I feel for those that missed out on tickets who genuinely want to see their team in a grand final - which I seriously doubt is the case for a lot of those going who really have no interest in the jets or even football for that matter.

Lawrie has come out on social media and mentioned the Jets members bought, on average, 3.2 tickets per member number. With 8000+ members it doesnt' go evenly into 20000.
    9000+ members for the Jest actually: x 3.2 it gives about 28000 !!!
    This, plus the Victory members, easily explains why there were virtually NO tickets available to the general public...
    What were they thinking...

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    If you do the maths members were not guaranteed a ticket.
    Members that did get tickets are also scalping them or got them for friends and family with no interest in the Jets other than being able to say "look where I am " on their snap chat or whatever.

I've been to grand finals with crowds over 100k so I don't need to go to this one to experience anything new.

But I feel for those that missed out on tickets who genuinely want to see their team in a grand final - which I seriously doubt is the case for a lot of those going who really have no interest in the jets or even football for that matter.
    This.
    1 ticket per member would have meant around 15000+ tix reserved for members of both teams i.e. half the capacity of the stadium. This would've been fair.

This is giving ammunition to FFA not to hold GFs in smaller stadiums anymore.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    it's got a higher capacity than AAMI Park or any of the other regular A-league stadiums beside SFS and Lang Park

listen gang.
    the double eff aye wants a full stadium.

they got a full stadium.

trust me, blokes down there are getting their bonus' and backslaps they dont care 'who' is in the crowd, they care that there 'is' a crowd.

again, I'm not a member, and i tried getting tickets for Plague Jnr for him to go but missed out.

thats life.

there was a way around this and Members made decisions at the start of the year to be in that privileged position. If they (and their friends) are the main beneficiaries of Newy getting the GF then i think thats awesome. Because hopefully the Members friends then enjoy the moment enough to want to join themselves.

for some blow ins to complain then vow NOT to join up kind of strengthens the point of not tailoring the system to suit you.

you may or may not be a 'better' fan than the people who got tickets.

but you, and only you, made the decision not to become a member and forfeit the privilege of getting first crack.

deal with it, then take the advice of an esteemed foz poster. Get to a boozer, host a party, and make the most of the moment. I'll be in Melbourne and prob the only Jerks fan in a sea of Tards. Lemons and Lemonade and all that.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    I think the problem is that the FFA are actually getting what they want from this and the fans are not.

The FFA don't even need to promote the game anymore this week as it's a sellout already. So I hardly think they'd have any negative feelings about the curent situation.

That members missed out on tickets I doubt they'd give a fark.

Quote Originally Posted by sorefootballer View Post
    For those that missed out i do feel for you. But it happens. Now go find a pub with a bunch of your mates and go get silly. The rest of newy will be pumping so go enjoy it. This will be a great moment

This. I just read some stupid statement on the ABC how some bloke reckoned the Football Family tickets offer were tickets priced 4 times the original face value. Who makes this shit up ?.

FMD all that is going to happen out of all this is like others have said, The peanuts at FFA will never hold a GF outside of a capital city again regardless of which clubs qualify.

Has any Jets member on here missed out, Just curious ?
    Last edited by 380; 01-05-2018 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    listen gang.
    the double eff aye wants a full stadium.

they got a full stadium.

trust me, blokes down there are getting their bonus' and backslaps they dont care 'who' is in the crowd, they care that there 'is' a crowd.
    i agree with this

for some blow ins to complain then vow NOT to join up kind of strengthens the point of not tailoring the system to suit you.

you may or may not be a 'better' fan than the people who got tickets.
    Disagree with this.
    As a non-member, I actually ended up forking out more than a member by attending almost all the home games.
    This doesn't give me any privilege, and I know.
    But members shouldn't have more privileges than what they paid for either

Quote Originally Posted by mic22 View Post
    i agree with this

Disagree with this.
    As a non-member, I actually ended up forking out more than a member by attending almost all the home games.
    This doesn't give me any privilege, and I know.
    But members shouldn't have more privileges than what they paid for either
    Members forked out their hard earned at the start of the season when we were wooden spoon holders with a glimmer of hope that maybe just maybe this year will be different. That's the difference they didn't start investing in the club cause they won a few games to start the year. That's the privilege they paid for when we were still 10th and this year they as they say in the classic 'the members this year have been kissed on the d**k by how it's panned out'

Missing our very own members's take on this. Surely he not still in the dog house.

from memory i got a bunch of tix in '08 first crack by being a member.
    not sure if it was 10 (and granted it was a while ago and i was drunk the whole time).
    but im sure Mrs Plague and I were the only members of our crew who were members and there were at least 12 others with us. Can anyone remember what the deal was?

for the record the following year 8 of them became members (and they've never forgiven me!!!!)
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG