Page 25 of 41 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 National Premier League thread

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Adamstown have got through this forum relatively unscathed, thoughts on them and where they are headed? I think it reinforces too many inner city teams too close together.
    Merger with New Lambton on the cards

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Merger with New Lambton on the cards
    Settle down Stan this is too smart and obvious for anyone at headquarters to suggest, they want NL in so here is a leg up, they would want AR to survive so here is the solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley View Post
    Is it true all games will be at 2:30pm on Sunday, if so, finally NNSW have got something right
    I believe so, all games to kick off at 2:30.

I wonder what match they will feature on BarTv this round?

Quote Originally Posted by Devon Sangas View Post

Us and the Jets surely !!

I guarantee it will be either the Edgeworth or Magic game as they are the favourites of northern and bartv

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I guarantee it will be either the Edgeworth or Magic game as they are the favourites of northern and bartv
    Put the knives away. BarTV are doing a special coverage for all games
    It's football, not s***er!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lofty View Post
    Put the knives away. BarTV are doing a special coverage for all games
    Yes they cover all games every weekend Lofty. But only one game will be covered with commentary by Ben , C.T and Damo , and i guarantee you it will be either the Edgeworth or Magic game.

Settle down Stan this is too smart and obvious for anyone at headquarters to suggest, they want NL in so here is a leg up, they would want AR to survive so here is the solution.
    Believe it or not this has been floated before. Buds and New Lambton. Jaffas and New Lambton. In the latter case, it went some way apparently but fell over at Board level when Jaffas saw it as an option for New Lambton to manage their Juniors. The Eagles politely said go away. The Jaffas now simply poach the juniors as the spies saw their youth coaching dynamoes lurking at Alder Park as recently as yesterday. Mergers though don't need to be club into club. I agree with the post about a focus on the urban mortgage belt out west and Westy and Cessnock should step forward and clean up their act and build a super Westy from the ground up. In town, Council and Northern need to enforce ground sharing so NPL clubs instantly gain relevance with a bigger footprint for grants and sponsorship. Newcastle needs a No 2 sportsground for football. Artificial and shared by 2 clubs as co tenants and hired 364 days a year (give them Chrissy off). Inter and AC Milan share the San Siro. It works and commercially it is much more attractive. Maybe Buds and New Lambton share Rosebuds or God forbid The Eagles rumours about a return to Arthur Edden are true? Mergers yes but a merger of collective interest is more likely than clubs. Some lateral thinking on this forum....nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    The Jaffas now simply poach the juniors as the spies saw their youth coaching dynamoes lurking at Alder Park as recently as yesterday. Mergers though don't need to be club into club.
    Yep, a Jaffas youth coach was there...but not looking at any New Lambton players.
    Your use of "poach" suggests you disagree with NPL clubs trying to identify and improve the local kids. Do you think it not right to identify talent and bring it to the next level? Many lower tier clubs are happy to push their stronger players up to the next level to improve for the benefit of the kids. Many are not and are keen to hang on to their better players for the benefit of their club. The NEWFM team I currently coach has had multiple visits from NPL clubs scouting. I welcome it and help if I can. If one of my players can go up to the next level, I'm pleased. It's about developing the players. Do you think NEWFM clubs aren't out looking at community A grade teams? Are they "poaching"? If you are suggesting it is inappropriate , then you are losing sight of the objective which is to produce better players.

All the NPL clubs do it, and good on them! It would be disappointing if they didn't.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    The NEWFM team I currently coach has had multiple visits from NPL clubs scouting. I welcome it and help if I can. If one of my players can go up to the next level, I'm pleased. It's about developing the players.
    Great attitude. What it’s all about. What club/age do you coach if you don’t mind me asking? I’d love to have some of the kids in my team progress under a coach with your outlook.

What ages do NPL clubs scout? Are talking 12s, or younger?

Weekend tips
    Maitland 3-1 Jets
    Edgy 1-1 Jaffas
    Weston 3-0 Lakes
    Magic 2-2 Azzurri
    Valentine 2-1 Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Weekend tips
    Maitland 3-1 Jets
    Edgy 1-1 Jaffas
    Weston 3-0 Lakes
    Magic 2-2 Azzurri
    Valentine 2-1 Hamilton
    Maitland 2-0 Jets
    Edgey 2-2 Lambton
    Weston 2-1 Lakes
    Magic 1-2 Azzurri
    Valo 3-2 Olympic

Maitland 2-0 Jets
    Edgey 2-2 Lambton
    Weston 2-1 Lakes
    Magic 1-2 Azzurri
    Valo 3-2 Olympic
    Maitland 1-0 Jets
    Edgey 1-2 Lambton
    Weston 4-0 Lakes
    Magic 1-0 Azzurri
    Valo 1-5 Olympic

Jaffas 2 - 1 Edgeworth
    Maitland 4 - 0 Jets yth
    Magic 3 - 1 Azzurri
    Weston 4 - 2 Lake Macq
    Valo 2-2 Olympic

Jaffas 1-1 edgy
    Maitland 3-0 jets
    Magic 3-0 Charlestown
    Weston 3-1 lakes
    Valentine 1-1 Olympic

Jaffas 1-2 Edgy
    Maitland 3-1 Jets
    Magic 2-2 Charlestown
    Weston 3-1 Lakes
    Valentine 2-1 Olympic

Who said they want NL in? And why would they merge the two teams? And as though AR would agree to it

Quote Originally Posted by Onyatoes View Post
    Maybe Buds and New Lambton share Rosebuds.
    The council would have to force that, they don't even like the idea of having to share the ground with ARJFC for WPL matches

Quote Originally Posted by YewYew View Post
    Great attitude. What it’s all about. What club/age do you coach if you don’t mind me asking? I’d love to have some of the kids in my team progress under a coach with your outlook.

What ages do NPL clubs scout? Are talking 12s, or younger?
    I coach under 15s this year but I'd rather keep the club to myself or PM me if you like (if I can figure out how to find those)

I can't speak for all clubs, but I think, from what I have seen and heard that most u13 NPL players for next season will come out of current NET or SAP programmes. Over the next few years, that will likely become primarily SAP from within the club. There will still be a few from non SAP / NET teams that will get in at trials, if the NPL club runs any but I think that SAP will be the main source.

As the kids get older it would appear that clubs identify weaknesses in squads and either scout other NPL teams or NEWFM or offer end of season trials. Some clubs vet their trialists beforehand (Olympic for example) and some have open trials. From what I have seen with my son playing NPL over the last few years, is that most clubs show loyalty and remove players only if a better one is available (after all some kids are late developers and some clubs will hang on in the hope that the kid will progress). On the other hand, I have watched Charlestown essentially gut their current under 16 team each year from under 13 on to no avail.

It is also noticeable that the leap from NEWFM or community league is far harder the older the kids get. For example. I'd say the chances of significant numbers of NEWFM players from u15s this year moving to NPL u16s next year is small. There will be a few, but not many. More likely kids will move from one NPL club to another. The younger the kids are the more likely a move will be.

Each club goes about it their own way but you can bet that they all have their eyes open, maybe not in the same direction, but they are watching.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    but I think that SAP will be the main source.
    which is gonna be a problem for a couple of non-NPL clubs who are embracing and doing really well with SAP.
    With no NPL to aspire to, theres def gonna be one club who are gonna lose a lot of their SAP kids to NPL teams once they are available, and im not sure what the club can do about it (other than get into NPL by then but that aint happening).
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG