Page 7 of 100 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019/20 Squad

The 500k is prob all that's left to get to the salary floor. It's not all we 'can' spend it's all we 'want' to spend.

Also: he's prob full of shit because that's generally how he is.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    ok, so if you think im being unreasonable on the gypo ceo, just watch this.
    he starts off (on camera naturally) telling everyone how the club didnt think he was worth more than a 1 year deal but then Roys peeps came back and before he could finish the sentence had to interrupt himself to throw in that "we withdrew the offer".

again, just reminding everyone watching that he wears the big boy pants. ****ing laughable.

he then goes on about all these dope players that we get offered, and that getting a replacement aint no thang..........but then transitioning into saying we'll be filling the squad with locals (the Tomi Juric sweepstakes is still live lads caaarrrnnn).

but then the kicker......

he then tells a cracker of a story about how 'joel' was in negotiations to sign Ikonomidis when he first thought of coming back, and we were SOOOOOOOOOOOO close to signing him.........but that 'JOEL' didnt get the deal done.

not the club, not the front office, not the recruitment team........but JOEL was the one who couldnt get it done.

now humour me for a minute.

if Ikonomidis had indeed signed, who do you think would have been front and centre at the press conference, doing the interviews, and telling everyone how awesome he is. yep, the gypo himself.

so in summary:
    all the good things that happen at the Jets = gypo does them.
    all the bad things that happen at the Jets = someone else not named the gypo ceo does them.

what a complete clown.
    I watched this and you can basically ignore anything positive I ever said about Lawrie McKinna in the past. Absolutely pissweak effort in that as you say he takes credit for anything good but blames others if things go wrong.

First...what source does this $500k come from.
    Second...creative accounting. Brosque is on minimum wage ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    First...what source does this $500k come from.
    Second...creative accounting. Brosque is on minimum wage ffs.
    Lawrie was quoted in the Herald re: 1st question
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Yep...just read that

On the back of today's article, and other articles from the last month, I expect next season will be one of transition.

Angus Thurgate, Champness and Jackson were all called out today as players who will look to cement their players.

Joey is already a starter, for me. I see Jackson coming in for Boogaard as a very obvious choice - he's waited and this is his season. Thurgate....depends how we set up next year where he fits.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    On the back of today's article, and other articles from the last month, I expect next season will be one of transition.

Angus Thurgate, Champness and Jackson were all called out today as players who will look to cement their players.

Joey is already a starter, for me. I see Jackson coming in for Boogaard as a very obvious choice - he's waited and this is his season. Thurgate....depends how we set up next year where he fits.
    Yeah, gotta agree with you here..
    I've got no problem with Jacko being in the guts with Topor..

Yep thinking the same. Makes me wonder though if we'll see any more players leave such as cashing in on Dimi and ugarkovic for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjet View Post
    Yep thinking the same. Makes me wonder though if we'll see any more players leave such as cashing in on Dimi and ugarkovic for example.
    If the offer is right, I see us doing that. I don't necessarily think that money will be reinvested - instead it will be banked.

Expectations won't be high for the next season - they'll be tempered and framed as one where we are rebuilding. It will be about balancing the books as a way to make investment attractive as well.

If next season is transition, what in the shit were we dealt with this season? Oh that's right, lying stats ops:
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    If next season is transition, what in the shit were we dealt with this season? Oh that's right, lying stats ops:
    A team that under-performed.

Transition, changing-of-the-guard is what I am thinking next year - not rebuilding.

Ugaboogaman to Citeh to cover the loss of McGree.

the gypo will swap him for a signed poster of Connor Chapman or something equally as stupid.

gypo will immediately get poster framed (on the companies dime) then hang it in his office BECAUSE HE GETS THE BIG OFFICE WITH ALL THE IMPORTANT WINDOWS.

**** this club.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Yeah, gotta agree with you here..
    I've got no problem with Jacko being in the guts with Topor..
    Two left footed CD does not work

Quote Originally Posted by Alton View Post
    Two left footed CD does not work
    Isn't Boogs left-footed?

Isn't Boogs left-footed?
    Yep - has two left feet.

Some of the performances Boogs has put in this season makes me wonder if he has any feet.

The only stat this club leads the league in is excuses.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The only stat this club leads the league in is excuses.
    Pretty sure it is evades... Evading the finals.. or wins.. or stability.. or.. whatever fvck it..

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Ugaboogaman to Citeh to cover the loss of McGree.

the gypo will swap him for a signed poster of Connor Chapman or something equally as stupid.

gypo will immediately get poster framed (on the companies dime) then hang it in his office BECAUSE HE GETS THE BIG OFFICE WITH ALL THE IMPORTANT WINDOWS.

**** this club.
    So are you.gonna let us know what the Gypo CEO done to personally.offend you

Did he take the last Vanilla Slice you were planning on.buying when you bumped into him in the pie shop or some thing? ?

So are you.gonna let us know what the Gypo CEO done to personally.offend you
    nah, not personal at all. i just have a huge distaste for his kind of management.
    Hes no different to Miller, gypo Arnold, and Trump. They all read from the same book (or in ones case, claimed they wrote it).
    My lifes work is up there for all to see, they are free to criticise it.

Also, Vanilla Slice? he can have all them he wants (and he looks like he has.....soz cheap shot).
    if he ever got between me and a line, a beer or a form guide then we'd have problems.
    otherwise, i dont care.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG