Page 8 of 72 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Are there girls teams in NET or can they play mixed Negative Police?
    No. But i havent asked if that should arise.

Girls are in "development" squads at various clubs at this stage.
    Last edited by Negative Police; 11-08-2019 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    Do NNSWF or NF hand out "licences" for these Summer Sixes? You'd like to think there must be so application process for them, otherwise everyone can run one.
    So, it seems that clubs need to apply to NNSWF via an 'expression of interest' application to be able to host TAFE Summer 6 competitions. This is obviously a good thing as it should mean NNSWF can ensure that there is not an over-saturation of these. However, I also think it would be very difficult for NNSWF to say 'no' to clubs wanting to host one as these comps can be a real money spinner for clubs.

I still think there needs to be some kind of balance, though - too many comps spreads things too widely. Perhaps this is why NNNSWF are trying to do the SAP Summer 6 to encourage the SAP kids to play there and leave the other Summer 6s for "fun"? It would be interesting to know the take up for the SAP one.

Imagine what could be done for junior development in NSW if the state government invested in programs and competitions for kids rather than pay developer mates millions of dollars to knock down a perfectly good stadium like the SFS.

Clubs are doing a fantastic job with very limited funds available to them - but without infrastructure [Grounds] it's really a case of pissing into the wind.

It’s probably a bit early to get exact registration figures from clubs as NNSWF hasn’t informed us what their registration fee per player will be in 2020. Along with kit providers, council possibly changing prices etc
    Rough prices between the clubs could possibly be anywhere from $650-$2k with all the kit inclusions etc
    What do you think the average might be then ,if the bottom is 650 and the top 2k?

Banned
    Silly season has started.

With trials comes the inevitable disappointment of being cut and having to find alternative arrangements or happy to get the break.

Good luck

I would like to ask the question to this respected group on what do we do with the fringe players who are on boarderline with the SAP Program and are to strong or need more challanges than grass roots?
    Some of these players may develop rapidly once in the program and out shine some that are in it, based on that they really want it as some players develop later than others.
    I understand and fully suport that SAP should be for the best of the best, but I think it might be blindsided by leaving the others out.
    Its a tough one as some of the very good players may drop out due to the pressures or have had enough and just want to kick around with thier mates.
    The question I ask is, should their be another path between the 2 levels not including NET as it is all decided by 1 man, and should a points system be brought back in as these players are playing at another level than grassroots?
    Last edited by Duzmzn; 13-08-2019 at 08:11 PM.

Banned
    Depending on age. The NET program at Wallarah oval is the next step for 10s 11s 12s. If graded find clubs who have teams in high grades or some Macquarie clubs have development squads. Ring clubs who you live close to first and ask what they have to offer.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    Depending on age. The NET program at Wallarah oval is the next step for 10s 11s 12s. If graded find clubs who have teams in high grades or some Macquarie clubs have development squads. Ring clubs who you live close to first and ask what they have to offer.
    Thanks mate, it was for u9s. Cheers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Duzmzn View Post
    I would like to ask the question to this respected group on what do we do with the fringe players who are on boarderline with the SAP Program and are to strong or need more challanges than grass roots?
    Some of these players may develop rapidly once in the program and out shine some that are in it, based on that they really want it as some players develop later than others.
    I understand and fully suport that SAP should be for the best of the best, but I think it might be blindsided by leaving the others out.
    Its a tough one as some of the very good players may drop out due to the pressures or have had enough and just want to kick around with thier mates.
    The question I ask is, should their be another path between the 2 levels not including NET as it is all decided by 1 man, and should a points system be brought back in as these players are playing at another level than grassroots?
    There are more than enough teams in SAP for the kids to go and trial for, if the kid is half decent he should go to another club and will find a spot, there isn’t enough talent to start another comp outside the sap.
    For example there are only maybe 2 strong clubs in both teams... others from what I’ve seen have 1 strong and one not very strong.... there are about 5 really decent competitive teams in the sap comp so there is plenty of spots for kids that just miss out at a certain club. And I agree kids will chop and change at this age on ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    There are more than enough teams in SAP for the kids to go and trial for, if the kid is half decent he should go to another club and will find a spot, there isn’t enough talent to start another comp outside the sap.
    For example there are only maybe 2 strong clubs in both teams... others from what I’ve seen have 1 strong and one not very strong.... there are about 5 really decent competitive teams in the sap comp so there is plenty of spots for kids that just miss out at a certain club. And I agree kids will chop and change at this age on ability.
    Completely agree here. There is not enough talent in the SAP program as it stands now. Even with the competitions now split into 2 tiers there are still double figure wins occurring each weekend.
    As a parent the difficult part to manage is do you have enough time for the extra travel to another club/suburb fitting in school, work, other childrens activities?

My son will go into U10s next season and the 2 strongest clubs Magic and Olympic will need to shed players when they go to one team hopefully building a more even competition.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    Completely agree here. There is not enough talent in the SAP program as it stands now. Even with the competitions now split into 2 tiers there are still double figure wins occurring each weekend.
    As a parent the difficult part to manage is do you have enough time for the extra travel to another club/suburb fitting in school, work, other childrens activities?

My son will go into U10s next season and the 2 strongest clubs Magic and Olympic will need to shed players when they go to one team hopefully building a more even competition.
    Magic and Olympic are fielding 2 teams in the 11s apparently and Jaffa’s going back to 1. I can understand those 2 clubs keeping 2 as they are the ones with strong sides in both teams. But will all go to 1 side in under 13s.

Quote Originally Posted by Duzmzn View Post

As Yaa Yaa says, there are plenty of clubs out there, so anyone with some ability and desire will find a place in SAP if they want it. In terms of kids developing, based on the amount of training and games played there is nothing better around than SAP currently. Obviously you'd want to do your research and make sure the coaching at the club you choose is good, but you'd hope every SAP club will have someone capable. That's not always the case in community football as often a parent is thrown in as no-one else wants to do it. At least in SAP there will be a keen coach who (hopefully) has been trained at a decent level. Have a look at Aegon's list (first post in this group) - this will give you information on dates of trials etc.

In terms of the 'in between' level between community and SAP (excluding NET) I know some community clubs are putting together development squads at u8/u9 with things like NET in mind. I'd be surprised if some of the SAP clubs didn't do this as well. Clubs can grade their players and group the keenest/best players in one team with the future in mind and in the hope these teams stick together for a while. The flip side of this is that clubs might also be conscious about pooling all the best players in one team, leaving all their other teams to get smashed every week, and possibly meaning those kids don't come back again next year. It's all a bit of a balancing act really.

Rough prices between the clubs could possibly be anywhere from $650-$2k with all the kit inclusions etc
    I must admit I have not seen SAP costs as high as $2K. This might be the cost of Emerging Jets squads? The highest I'm aware of for SAP is around $1200, but I'd guess most of the clubs would be around $1K when you include kit, bags etc.

Banned
    As Yaa Yaa says, there are plenty of clubs out there, so anyone with some ability and desire will find a place in SAP if they want it. In terms of kids developing, based on the amount of training and games played there is nothing better around than SAP currently. Obviously you'd want to do your research and make sure the coaching at the club you choose is good, but you'd hope every SAP club will have someone capable. That's not always the case in community football as often a parent is thrown in as no-one else wants to do it. At least in SAP there will be a keen coach who (hopefully) has been trained at a decent level. Have a look at Aegon's list (first post in this group) - this will give you information on dates of trials etc.

In terms of the 'in between' level between community and SAP (excluding NET) I know some community clubs are putting together development squads at u8/u9 with things like NET in mind. I'd be surprised if some of the SAP clubs didn't do this as well. Clubs can grade their players and group the keenest/best players in one team with the future in mind and in the hope these teams stick together for a while. The flip side of this is that clubs might also be conscious about pooling all the best players in one team, leaving all their other teams to get smashed every week, and possibly meaning those kids don't come back again next year. It's all a bit of a balancing act really.
    Funny you mention that.. I’ve noticed certain clubs have one strong side and one very weak side that gets touched up... they say it’s not about winning and developing then why wouldn’t you balance the sides out if that the case??

Funny you mention that.. I’ve noticed certain clubs have one strong side and one very weak side that gets touched up... they say it’s not about winning and developing then why wouldn’t you balance the sides out if that the case??
    Yep, there's some very clear examples of this in u9 SAP this year. If I were a parent of a kid placed in a 'B' team, I'd be asking questions. Those parents are being asked to pay the same amount of money as kids in the 'A' team, but seemingly are treated very differently. Clubs doing this might find in a couple of years parents start avoiding their club, as the risk of your kid being put in the weaker side just isn't worth the hassle.

Yep, there's some very clear examples of this in u9 SAP this year. If I were a parent of a kid placed in a 'B' team, I'd be asking questions. Those parents are being asked to pay the same amount of money as kids in the 'A' team, but seemingly are treated very differently. Clubs doing this might find in a couple of years parents start avoiding their club, as the risk of your kid being put in the weaker side just isn't worth the hassle.
    yeah this was an issue at our club. its a tough one as there have been many positives and negatives about it.
    I can go on for days about it, but rest assured, its not as simple as thinking 2 x even teams would have generated any less issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

I can't see how it would matter if a kid goes into the B side. it just means that others have been deemed more suitable / better at the time of selection. There's no reason why a kid in the B team can't get back into the A team. Likewise, there's no reason why an under performing or a kid positionally not required in the A team won't get assigned to the B team - it can even be a good thing.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 14-08-2019 at 11:12 AM.

the basic answer is that its about giving their best kids the best chance to play with the best kids. it was done to prevent their very best kids from getting poached by 'bigger clubs'.
    If theres 3 great kids in a team not doing so well would they be tempted to leave for greener pastures if a better club came calling? Or do you put the 7 best together and let them train and play together to make them all better?

Agreed it doesnt make the B team better from a game/results point of view but this program is designed to get the best kids ready for higher levels. The kids in the B team know where they need to get to, but attitudes from parents and kids, esp after not getting 'results' has seen the situation not work out the way it was intended.
    in fact id say its put a bit of a divide between the teams and its a different environment to last year when teams were 'even'.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    the basic answer is that its about giving their best kids the best chance to play with the best kids. it was done to prevent their very best kids from getting poached by 'bigger clubs'.
    If theres 3 great kids in a team not doing so well would they be tempted to leave for greener pastures if a better club came calling? Or do you put the 7 best together and let them train and play together to make them all better?

Agreed it doesnt make the B team better from a game/results point of view but this program is designed to get the best kids ready for higher levels. The kids in the B team know where they need to get to, but attitudes from parents and kids, esp after not getting 'results' has seen the situation not work out the way it was intended.
    in fact id say its put a bit of a divide between the teams and its a different environment to last year when teams were 'even'.
    Ha ha well this Sounds like a an argument had on here previously about teams stacking teams.
    So please tell me the part where Neil Orr told you to stack the A team with the better player whilst the poor old B team cops a flogging?

Only way the poor old B will develop is if they have some decent players in that side also, why didn’t Neil let the 10s boy play in the B team if it was about him playing his own age kids?? I know why because it was about getting a result.
    So let’s not be hypocrites here hey. You can polish it up anyway you like it but most are out for the development of their own kid and the results matter, if they didn’t you would even the teams out so every child can develop.

You say the “bigger clubs” but what the difference if they leave now or in 2 years when your club has no NPL to offer them? Because you know that’s where they will end up.

Quote Originally Posted by Doopche View Post
    Ha ha well this Sounds like a an argument had on here previously about teams stacking teams.
    Hey look whos back. Anyway seeing as though you refrained from the insults of posts prior (which i appreciate), and you also raise some very valid points here im more than happy to discuss.

So please tell me the part where Neil Orr told you to stack the A team with the better player whilst the poor old B team cops a flogging?
    nah, sorry we arent going back onto NNSW blokes here. The decision to 'stack' teams was made by the club technical director. It must be said that the coaches werent comfortable with it, as they had 2 even teams last year. but the directive was given and that was that. his reasoning has been noted, but to be fair the bloke hasnt shown his face around training or games the whole year so im not all that impressed he had such a say in the matter. i personally think it has done more harm that good to the club overall, but has done more good than harm to the 'better' kids.

Only way the poor old B will develop is if they have some decent players in that side also,
    totally agree, and its exactly what worked so well last year. again, there was one bloke in the club that was a fan of this system and he had final say. his plan of getting the better 'B' kids a run in the 'A' team during the season has actually been met with a lot of resistance by the B team parents.they have openly expressed why their kids should help out the A team at the expense of their own team. word is a few of them have openly refused to play up. again, another unintended but predictable consequence of grading.

You can polish it up anyway you like it but most are out for the development of their own kid and the results matter, if they didn’t you would even the teams out so every child can develop.
    oh for sure. every parent wants the best situation for their kid. and clubs want the best situation for their teams. its the reason why 'other' teams have been on the phone to our players for next year to come over. they are more than happy to turf kids they developed over 2 years in favour of a shiny new thing that has been playing well in a different kit. poaching players to join clubs is just another way of stacking teams. again though, if my kid was going to get a better footballing education at another team then if he wanted to go id encourage it. one of the main 'culprits' (not meant as a derogatory term) ringing our boys isnt actually one of the 'best' teams results wise, but they play really good football so you can see how a kid would love to be part of that.

You say the “bigger clubs” but what the difference if they leave now or in 2 years when your club has no NPL to offer them? Because you know that’s where they will end up.
    again valid, and its been a massive part of the frustration of our club. they keep banging on about what they want to be, and have endless emails telling us they are about to announce something, but have done nothing. when you are behind like they are you need to be the first ones out there suring up your players/coaches/program for next year. but they are last. meanwhile other clubs have announced trial dates and as ive said are actively out there asking parents of kids to bring their kids over to trail/give them an opportunity.

it wouldnt surprise me if a good percentage of our 'A' kids are gone at the end of this year, and the club has to wear a huge burden of that responsibility.
    Seems like I am WRONG