Page 7 of 72 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Premier Club SAP

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Yeah the Speers pt one.
    Hadn't heard much about it other than the club offering up a team.

I guess teams playing out of Walarah would be doing that summer comp that RH runs yeah?
    A lot of boys from Olympic, Jaffas, Rosebuds and other Newcastle football teams are.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaa Yaa View Post
    No stuff going back to 5 a side, better off joining the ones the NPL teams are planning on doing.
    What are the NPL clubs planning on doing? If something is in the works it would be good to get the message out, before kids sign up for touch football / cricket/ futsal / Summer Six / FastFives / Summer NET / U12 Champions League at Magic Park [delete as appropriate]

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    What are the NPL clubs planning on doing? If something is in the works it would be good to get the message out, before kids sign up for touch football / cricket/ futsal / Summer Six / FastFives / Summer NET / U12 Champions League at Magic Park [delete as appropriate]
    Not concrete yet but I know Adamstown did one last season with mixed 9/10s sap teams on a Wednesday night, RH will be just filling his pockets with the other one hence why you will get Olympic and Jaffa’s kids there. I’ve heard possibly magic might do one also... might be too many if that’s the case and not enough teams to go around.

might be too many if that’s the case and not enough teams to go around.
    Yep, the competition is pretty hot for those $$$ this summer. I think its great to give kids the option of summer football, but you are right that if everyone runs one it just dilutes the pool of teams available to play. Do NNSWF or NF hand out "licences" for these Summer Sixes? You'd like to think there must be so application process for them, otherwise everyone can run one. From my knowledge I think Wallsend, Mayfield, Adamstown, New Lambton and Jaffas run a Summer Six with u10 age groups, and now possibly Magic too. I'm sure some of the Macquarie teams do as well. So that, plus futsal, Speers Point FastFives SAP and Summer NET in the u10/u11 age groups, you are looking at a very over-saturated market.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by londonboy View Post
    Yep, the competition is pretty hot for those $$$ this summer. I think its great to give kids the option of summer football, but you are right that if everyone runs one it just dilutes the pool of teams available to play. Do NNSWF or NF hand out "licences" for these Summer Sixes? You'd like to think there must be so application process for them, otherwise everyone can run one. From my knowledge I think Wallsend, Mayfield, Adamstown, New Lambton and Jaffas run a Summer Six with u10 age groups, and now possibly Magic too. I'm sure some of the Macquarie teams do as well. So that, plus futsal, Speers Point FastFives SAP and Summer NET in the u10/u11 age groups, you are looking at a very over-saturated market.
    Yep, they should just have one run by NNSW and maybe a knockout style comp like they have overseas for kids that age and eventual winner.. I’m sick of this no tables or scores till under 13s, the kids know the scores, let them get used to winning and loosing, it’s part of life.. when they grow up and little johnny goes for a Job and isn’t good enough he doesn’t get the job does he? Just preparing them for the real world. Some of my fondest memories are winning grand finals at age 10, it’s what made me love the game and some of these kids can’t experience that till 13 now, pretty shitty if you ask me.

Does anyone know what age kids have official scores and a table?
    In any comp (SAP/NET/I.D's etc).

U12’s

Pretty sure it’s U/12’s when they go to full size field. Well that’s what it is in community football anyway.

U12 SAP is box to box and has points table at present. Although have heard that it will be across field next year and no points table due to lack of grounds. Aim is to squeeze 2 matches on one field like they do for u11 now.

Community teams at u12 play 11 a side on full field with grading and points table.

thanks everyone.
    i can understand the want for SAP kids to keep playing on 1/2 fields.
    it would make sense if everyone went 2 teams, 1/2 field for one more year (11's) then full field after that in line with other comps.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Goatscheese View Post
    I was more amused that the club charges for Presentation Night
    With it being the first year of club SAP I thought weÂ’d have the SAP 9Â’s presentation night with the NewFM under13Â’s-1st grade squads. The Wallsend Diggers are the clubs sponsor venue, and with booking the upstairs function room we need to buy a meal package, due to OHS you cannot buy your own meal and take it upstairs to the function rooms.
    We did not go with that inclusion this year and the SAP presentation will not be at the diggers. YouÂ’ll find IÂ’m open, honest & transparent with how we do SAP at Wallsend, feel free to post your clubs past or present rego packages for unanimous people on the internet to pick apart.

Banned
    Not concrete yet but I know Adamstown did one last season with mixed 9/10s sap teams on a Wednesday night
    Adamstown also had a Friday twilight with the SAP teams from nearby clubs. Was a good one.

Banned
    Hahah just read through this. Sounds like some very competitive dads in here living through their kids. Just relax guys. A lot of complaining about coaching as well, why don’t you guys put your hands up to help out? I mean what sort of coaches do you think this grade would attract unless they have a son playing in the team, because I don’t think the pay is what attracts them. I’ve noticed a few ex 1st grade players helping out at a few teams which I’m pretty sure all have kids in the teams and don’t seem to be too bad from what I’ve seen.
    I dont see many competitive parents on here. 1 narcissistic screwball isnt a bad average for some old keyboard never werez.

When we were 9 we had grand finals and parents were well into it. not good.

Banned
    The NET u10s and u11's have a points table as they all play at Wallarah and RH collates all info. No semis.

Merewether on top in 10's and Lambton in 11's i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Negative Police View Post
    The NET u10s and u11's have a points table as they all play at Wallarah and RH collates all info. No semis.

Merewether on top in 10's and Lambton in 11's i think.
    Are there girls teams in NET or can they play mixed Negative Police?

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    YouÂ’ll find IÂ’m open, honest & transparent with how we do SAP at Wallsend, feel free to post your clubs past or present rego packages for unanimous people on the internet to pick apart.
    Dan, I for one applaud Wallsend’s transparency and desire to keep the costs to parents as low as you can. That $300 you get out of the fees isn’t going to go far, but clearly SAP at the club is about the kids and football. Well done I say.

Quote Originally Posted by dan View Post
    Are there girls teams in NET or can they play mixed Negative Police?
    I think it’s mixed, BUT it’s via a trial and selection process. I know Mayfield held their u10 NET trials this week and all kids were selected directly by RH. Not Mayfield or the coaches, RH. Girls did trial, but none were selected. Not sure if it’s the same selection process at other clubs?

Banned
    So does anyone know what the actual cost of regos are at all the SAP clubs around Newcastle?

So does anyone know what the actual cost of regos are at all the SAP clubs around Newcastle?
    It’s probably a bit early to get exact registration figures from clubs as NNSWF hasn’t informed us what their registration fee per player will be in 2020. Along with kit providers, council possibly changing prices etc
    Rough prices between the clubs could possibly be anywhere from $650-$2k with all the kit inclusions etc

$2k... wow
    Jaffa’s this year was about 1k.
    $330 of that was uniform